Page 406 of 660 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 6600

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 406

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    When I was in college, to study I would buy a big bag of M&M's (well not the giant ones they sell now), some chips, litres of soda, and a pint of Hagen Daas swiss Vanilla Almond ice cream. And the clerk would always say, "having a small gathering?" yes I would smile...All I wanted was the M&M's and the ice cream, I would throw the rest away, and the bag of M&M's peanut and the ice cream would be all I would eat all day long, finish in one day. Nope I cannot be around M&M's

Yesterday was an up day. We had giant steaks and broccoli. I made dessert, PB cups. They were very good, totally not on anyones plan, not primal, not low carb, but damn good. Over the course of the day I had 5 of them. And here is the good news, we didn't finish them, there are still a dozen left (the batch made 30 though).

But here is the thing, I was STUFFED. I ate 2 at lunchtime (and tasted so I will say 3), then we ate dinner late. I didn't eat anything or even think of eating anything between them. And at the end of the day, ended up with pretty low calories. Now my weight is still up, not enough fluids and that was a lot of sugar. But, I felt like I was pigging out, and my calories came out to less than 1500. Weird.

p.s. off to take the kid her stuff at college. Haven't seen her in 6 weeks, lots to hear, very excited. TTFN

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    how did you make your PB cups?

Enjoy time with your kiddo.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

http://www.butterbaking.com/2013/07/...ocolate-bites/

Except I used fiber one instead of corn flakes cause I had it in the house. Totally unPrimal but a simple enough recipe that you could find workable substitutes I think
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

ps totally exhausted will dill in details tomorrow
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

well or fill in the details....

So they are safely ensconces in their dorm rooms, and I am not taking it well. I presume it is lack of sleep. Yesterday we had to leave the house at 6 to get DS to his dorm in enough time to allow him lunch before his orientation started. Then this morning, my phone did not set back to CST so it was an hour ahead when the alarm went off. So I ended up getting up at 5:30 instead of 6:30 but was clueless as to why I was so tired, just going about my morning, until DH asked why I was up so early. By then it was 7:15, so no going back to bed.

Tonight I have to go to a meeting for the Youth Wing Renovation Project at church. Rats. To make matters worse they have invited all the parents to join us and throw in their ideas, so that they can "own the space". It will be a complete waste of time. I am hoping I am able to just keep my mouth shut, since this is not actually going to have anything to do with the final project.

Tomorrow after work, I am going to a training for my new iMac so I can learn to play with photos. I am excited about this. After that I have to go to a reception for DH's board, I am less than excited about this. Friday I have to take off work to entertain some of the wives, I am ambivalent about this. Saturday night we have a concert on the mountain top. I love these, but it is likely to rain and I have to prepare for it whether or not it gets called off.

I finally get Sunday to let myself feel sad.

Weather is stunningly gorgeous today, and probably tomorrow, then it is supposed to start raining again on Friday and through the weekend of course.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ugh.. sounds exhaustingly busy!

FWIW.. we are having a lovely day too.. rain to come again through the rest of the week and the weekend I think. I am not complaining though.. we have been in a drought for too long.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I think I am going to bug out of the meeting tonight. I don't feel emotionally prepared to handle it. Really just want to sit and knit.

Well, focusing on life instead of food is working for me this week. I am down 4 pounds, 2 more to go and I am back to my 5:2 low. I had been bouncing around the higher number so I am happy to see a few straight days of downward movement.

I am going to continue to give myself a break through Saturday night. I plan Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday next week will be 550 calories or less. Technically doing 3 days of that gives me a 4,650 deficit from my 2100 x 7 days TDEE. So about a pound a week with a little leeway for my non-fasting days. I am going to get strict with the fast days though, now that it is just DH and I that I am cooking for I can load up with salads and veggies and he and I can split a protein or eat fish, so it will be a lot easier.

Emotionally, slowly getting used to the empty nest of it all. Although I was a bit more irritated than usual with the hubs snoring last evening, during what should be "our time together", I managed to just stay calm, and not self medicate with food. In fact I had eaten when I got home from work and wasn't real hungry for dinner. So I made him black bean soup and I had a serving of cottage cheese and some watermelon. Stayed up to finish the row I was working on on the blanket, so not enough sleep, but I can sleep in tomorrow. I have off to "entertain" the wife of one of DH's board members. It will be a fun day because the weather will be lovely and she is a fun person. Turns out she is actually from the same area in PA that I am from, and we are the same age, so we were there at the same time. She remembered seeing my Croatian musical group at a summer festival, likely I was playing. Small world!

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the weight loss! And especially well done on recognising the urge to self medicate with food and resisting it. Hope you enjoy your day off and glad you're now looking forward to "entertaining" this lady as you didn't sound so sure before - sounds like you have a lot in common though.

Do you play Croatian music? What's it like?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We had a blast at the reception last night, she and I just huddled in a corner and talked non-stop. Looking forward to today.

I have not played the Croatian music since I was very young, between the ages of 5 to 9. It doesn't sound dissimilar to Greek folk music, except in Croatian of course. The instrument I played is called a Brac (basically a small flat backed mandolin). My mom brought mine to me last year, so I hope to pick it back up and learn to play again (it plays pretty much like a mandolin with the same fret board but different string set up).

I may be planning too many projects trying to keep myself busy with my kids being gone!?!

p.s. WHOOP there it is!!! 258.0, that is actually .6 lower than my low on 5:2, so I am back. Of course today's breakfast is likely to mess that up, but no matter, Sunday is my next fast day.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-16-2013 at 07:30 AM.