Page 403 of 665 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 6650

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 403

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It has been a short summer, very busy. Probably a good thing, as it keeps me from dwelling on the "my kids are gone" emotion.

I have to take DD her stuff, probably Sunday maybe Monday, it depends on when they will let her into her dorm. DS goes on Tuesday. I will be in trouble if DD can't get in till Tuesday because I don't see how both of their stuff will fit in the car. DH cannot help this time as he is teaching already. And even if he could, his car would only be useful in carrying him and maybe DS.

Honestly I cannot even remember what day DD gets into Knoxville. I think it is very late on Saturday. And pretty sure she reports for duty for Orientation Leader Monday morning, so they sort of have to let her in her dorm by at least Monday. She will stay with friends till she can get in, but I am sure she is ready for a change of clothes! All she is traveling with is a hiking back pack and her reasonably large purse. Not a lot of room for 5 weeks worth of clothes and shoes.

I just reread the directions on my baby blanket and I am not even half way done. I have about 6" (x36" wide) till halfway! The shower is the 25th of this month. So if I am home I am knitting, wish I could get away with that at work, but then everyone would realize I really don't have enough to do to fill up how many hours I work. Which would result in reduced hours not filling the hours.

I figured out the other day that between all the scholarships my kids ended up with, that it will cost us about $75,000 total for both of them for their 4 years, as long as neither loses hours (scholarships will only cover 130 attempted hours and that is just enough to get a degree as long as you don't change majors or take frivolous classes). That is room and board, tuition, and books. If DS gets a paid summer internship (very highly likely in his field), not only will he graduate without debt, he will come out with a pretty reasonable bank account, as well as end up with a pretty high paying job (he is going into engineering). With DD, I am not so sure. She will definitely graduate her BS without debt, but she has many years of graduate work after that, and so far DH says that is on her.

So the point of that was to say that even only working part time, I will have easily paid off their education as they finish. Now I admit I lucked out that they got so much scholarship money, but I also know that DH cannot say a word to me about waiting so long to get a job to pay for their schooling. And that means I was right, and even though I wouldn't say so to him, it feels good to be right!

3:4
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down days
    -doing 3:4=
    --3 days of 550 calories or less,
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, but certainly at or less than TDEE (currently 2,100) 1531 yesterday

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (after the 3rd fast) Track in journal or MFP.
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-6692
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    -10 flights of stairs -7
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP

--to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day 6:14 90%

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) still clean

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. yesterday was very low even though it felt high. I tried to make sure that if I didn't know how much of something I ate that I over estimated but it is still kinda low. Likely because I didn't eat till 5pm.
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

I have to wait to add in the steps, stairs, and sleep till I get back home and pull up the info from my fitbit.

p.s. my weight today after a non-fasting day stayed the same even though I started TTOM in the middle of the night.

p.p.s. I am going to keep these sorts of posts separate from my other posts, I sort of figure most people are not interested in this level of detail, but with the bolds it makes it easier for me to find past posts for comparison.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-09-2013 at 08:42 AM.

N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    --3 days of 550 calories or less, 555 yesterday
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, but certainly at or less than TDEE (currently 2,100)

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (after the 3rd fast) Track in journal or MFP. it is slowly coming down and I will soon be back to where I was when I fell off the wagon

3) EXERCISE
    -10,000 steps a day-
    -10 flights of stairs -
    ---use upstairs bathroom

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) still clean

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. yesterday felt really good. I ate dinner earlier than usual (5:30 instead of 7:30) since DH was out, and I like it a whole lot better. I will continue this. Since we eat in front of the tv when we eat together (I eat at the table when I eat alone) we don't really eat together, and on dd's we don't eat the same thing either, so I will just do what I need to do.
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

Still don't know what day I am taking DD her stuff. Sometime this weekend. My kids are still a bit egocentric, especially when it comes to my time. I am sure they will grow out of it, eventually.

I have set a goal of knitting one row a night on the baby blanket. I have 7 more to go, and I am about half way done. The yarn is very soft and in a natural tone. I didn't know if it was a boy or girl when I started, and I don't like using yarns with heavy dyes for infant blankets.

We are in the final push for DS to get all his clothes and minutiae for school. I take him on Tuesday.

Then I can start clearing out the basement!!!!!

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the blanket plan. That's nice that the yarn is nice and soft, makes the knitting more enjoyable too, and the thought of baby wrapped in his/her soft blanket too of course!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I do better with an early dinner, if I'm going to eat at all. I want to eat with DH, but it's just not natural for me to eat late or eat very much. If DH eats early (for me, it's between 3-5), then he's snacking again later on junk. I'll have to re-evaluate once we have kids (I think family meal time is important), but for now, I'm done trying to make my body adjust in ways that doesn't seem optimal.

The baby is a girl, and yep, I am pleased to know this soft blanket will be wrapped around a tiny body. Godd timing season wise too. This is a beautiful yarn to knit with. I will list the company and type when I get home.

When we lived in Florida and while we were on Sabatical, we always had family dinners at a table. DH worked 6 or 7 days a week, but went in early (usually by 6 or 6:30) and managed to be home to eat dinner by 5:30. We put the kids in their rooms by 7 when they were very young.

When we moved here he started having trouble sleeping and so started to sleep in, thus getting to work later and home later. The kids and I started to eat without him, so he started to eat in front of the tv. Then the kids sports meant we all started eating later, but instead of moving back to the table, we all just stayed in front of the tv. We have tried (the kids and I) moving back to the table but DH stays in front of the tv. When he does sit with us he is so impatient to leave it creates an unpleasant situation and we don't push it anymore. When both kids are home the 3 of us eat at the table. DH sits alone in his chair, drinking his cocktails watching the news. Drives me insane.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    DH and I never got into a good habit of eating dinner together. When we were first married, he had a 5th year of school and I had 2 jobs, meaning we were never home together. While my grandparents and I ate dinner together every single day, living with my mom, we never had family dinners. DH and I do better to eat lunch together now, when we are both at home.

I did get rid of the tv trays in the move. Not to say that DH doesn't manage to find a way to eat in front of the tv, but it is more challenging

no tv trays here, he uses a pasta bowl to eat everything. Pre-cuts his meat and piles everything in the bowl.

Growing up we ate dinner as a family, at the table, at least 5 days a week. When I moved out of the house, I didn't have a tv, my roommate was my cousin, and we ate dinner at the table. Even when she went back to PA, and I lived alone, I ate at a table. I had a tv (my dad could not stand the thought that I didn't have one so he gave me a 13" B&W!), but never watched it. I lived at the beach, so nothing on tv could compete. Then when I went off to go back to college, tv was an irritation and eating quietly at the table was respite.

tv is still more of an irritation than anything else to me. When the hubs is away, I will watch an hour or so of stand up comics then turn it off.

When DH and I were first together, he was a tenure track professor and I was a full time student with a full time job. We ate out at least 5 nights a week, most of those with the couple who introduced us. In my last trimester of my first pregnancy I was on bed rest. So that couple would come over most nights and bring dinner. Still eating at a table mind you.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

--3 days of 550 calories or less,
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, but certainly at or less than TDEE (currently 2,100) yesterday was 1711

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (after the 3rd fast) Track in journal or MFP.

3) EXERCISE
    -10,000 steps a day-
    -10 flights of stairs -
    ---use upstairs bathroom

4) SLEEP
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day

5) BINGES

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. I feel very comfortable with my 4:3 system now, and confident with the concept that I will succeed, but also that I will be able to maintain it, and that it is a very healthy way of doing it.
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low. Staying the course, it feels right!

I do not have accurate stats for the steps, stairs, or sleep. I have not been wearing my fitbit full time, long and weird story that has to do with TTOM and pockets and pants. Will go back to tracking all of that next week.