Page 402 of 640 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 6393

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 402

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Not only did you get a new computer, but you got a Mac...all for you. How fun is that?
    +1
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    more than I can say! When DH first asked me about a computer and if I had spent any time looking, I had said that I thought a desk top was what I wanted, and I thought the Mac that is actually a server (?) was their desktop and I could use my monitor and keyboard and it would "only" cost about $600. But I was wrong, and he and I decided I would do an HP desktop as I could get the same features only cheaper.

But then, unbeknownst to me, he talked to the IT guys where he works and came home one day and said he and I were going to go to the Mac store and talk to a certain person he had already talked to about how to get the best deal and what he thought I would need. DH uses a PC, but has an iPad for travel as well as his iPhone, so he often has to run over to the Mac store to get the PC to play nice with his apple stuff, and apparently has a guy he works with most of the time.

3:4
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down days
    -doing 3:4=
    --3 days of 550 calories or less
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, but certainly at or less than TDEE (currently 2,100) 2,098 yesterday

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (after the 3rd fast) Track in journal or MFP.
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    -10 flights of stairs
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day

5) BINGES

--I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) still clean

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. "forgot" the scale this morning,
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

I have had 2 pretty high non-fasting days this weekend. Had meant to get on the scale to see how it was effected, but I forgot. I will fill in the calories and sleep after I get on my home computer and check with the fitbit.

I am still loving this way of eating. I should probably reign in the non-fasting days a bit. This past weekend I strayed from most things I would consider healthy and ventured into some things I will probably drop back off the menu, but it was fun to splurge for a couple of days and still stay within my caloric limits.

Today is a fasting day and is very easy so far, not even any tummy rumbles yet and it is already 2:30pm.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the rest of the fasting day - playing with the new Mac should help distract from thoughts of hunger! Is it one of those really thin iMac ones that looks like it's just a really sleek monitor? The only thing I don't like about new Macs is that they make slightly older Macs look ancient and huge ... so I stay well out of the Apple store.

Would have thought slight splurges on non-fasting days would be easily compensated for by the extra fasting day in 4:3. Sounds like you're on track.

So on other fronts, I forgot to talk about my Dermatology appointment...first fun thing, the nurse thought they had inputted my birth date wrong, she said "You look absolutely fantastic, I can't believe you are 54!", coming from the dermatologists nurse that meant a lot to me.

The other thing is I get these white bumps on my face, they look like pimples, but are not, they have some fancy name I cannot remember. They don't go away, ever. A few years ago she offered to give me a cream for them and I thought "nah, they will go away, there are only 2, they are small, I can live with it." Well, now there are 6 (all around my eyes), they are not only not going away they are multiplying. So I took the cream. It is a form of RentinA. So what I have decided to do to counterbalance having to put that chemical on my face is to switch my moisturizer to coconut oil.

So I whipped, literally whipped in a stand mixer, some coconut oil. For night time, after the use of the prescription cream, it is just straight coconut oil. For the morning, I added some vitamin E oil, and some rosehips for anti-oxidant effect.

Talk about a cheap moisturizer! I got a huge container of the coconut oil at Costco for $16, and made about 8 ounces each of the whipped stuff, total about a cup of the coconut oil (maybe an eighth of the big jar), and while the rose hips and E oil were pricey since I was going for straight E and C, it was only about a half a teaspoon I added, so I have at least 10 more times I can use these bottles.

Then to put it on I just rub my fingers over the top, no dollop or blob, just lube the fingers a bit, and rub that on my face. These 2 jars may last me till I die, unless the stuff goes bad, always possible with pure stuff, but I am keeping it in the fridge, which is very nice in the summer. It is probably cool enough in the winter I can keep it on the counter.

Anyway, skin feels fantastic, have been doing it for a week, nice glow but not greasy looking.

Hi pineneedles! cross posted there.

Yep one of the new iMac's I think they just became available. It is a 23 inch monitor. It is too bad that where it will live will not show off its sleekness, but I will get quite a few things off of that desk, not to mention tons of cords gone! I also got the "magic trackpad" which replaces a mouse, fun.

I am taking lessons to learn how to use all of it.

Yep, I expect that with 3 days of fasting even if I go over TDEE on a couple of the non-fasting days, I will still be good to go.

Usin it and it is awesome!!!!!!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ^^like like like!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

OK, yes, but I stayed up too late last night playing with it, got zero knitting done! And I didn't sign up for my next class, and I didn't get fitbit switched over. Just played with the photobooth!

3:4
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down days
    -doing 3:4=
    --3 days of 550 calories or less, 645
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, but certainly at or less than TDEE (currently 2,100) 2,098 yesterday

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (after the 3rd fast) Track in journal or MFP.
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    -10 flights of stairs
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) still clean

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. I need to watch myself, I got a little loose last night, and my thought was "I am doing 3 down days so it is ok if I go over a little", this could get dangerous, or I could leave it 3 days below 700-but shoot for 500- and see if I still lose a pound a week, then I can lower it when I hit my plateau
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

I am feeling really good about my food, both eating and attitude towards it. Not loving my sleep and exercise stuff. I am thinking I will wait to work on that till after I get the kids moved in at school. DS gets in his dorm on the 12th. So that would mean Wednesday I get on the treadmill. Sleep though, I gotta get into bed by about 9:30 really. So I can start getting ready by 9 and that will work.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I honestly cannot believe how fast the summer has gone. It's seems like just yesterday and your kiddos were just out of school.

Does that mean you'll be driving DS to school on Monday? What about DD?
    -- Ruth