Page 401 of 608 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 6078

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 401

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I like the idea of getting my carbs under control and then ...
    Let me know if you figure out how to do it! That's always my problem.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    well, I guess I mean cutting grains completely and dairy. Salad veggies are very low carbwise.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    3:4
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down days
    -doing 3:4=
    --3 days of 550 calories or less 558 yesterday
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, but certainly at or less than TDEE (currently 2,100)

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (after the 3rd fast) Track in journal or MFP.
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-5510 sewing and knitting, and likely to stay this low till the blanket is done
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    -10 flights of stairs 6 sewing machine is upstairs
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day 6:47 95% this is no alarm-I don't use one on Sat and Sun mornings

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) still clean, not sure how many days this is, but the fasting plan seems to make the difference, I can eat it tomorrow so no deprivation

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. made it through a fasting day while at home, pretty easy too
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

Well, I even though yesterday was spent doing things I did not particularly care for, I managed to stay within my calorie limit. And without a lot of effort. I had some watermelon sliced in the fridge, I had a bowl of it for "lunch" about 3pm. Then I had to go do some things at church to finish up our series. Came home and had a huge salad for dinner. Knit the rest of the evening.

Now I know I can do it so no excuses! I just need to have something that has virtually no calories to munch on around 3pm to get me through to dinner. That or be out of the house.

My "low carbing" is basically not eating grains or pasta, except the occasional homemade (by me) something. I made pizza the other night, weighed out the dough and added meat and veggies, yum. Anyway....I also have some desserts in a mug pinned so that I can make something quick and small if I get cravings for sweet.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with knitting the blanket. I find knitting really helpful in keeping myself from snacking as my hands are too busy to eat! Often even forget to finish my cup of tea which never happens otherwise. I'm having a fast day today so will be knitting while watching tv later.

The fasting plan does seem to help keep binging at bay. I haven't had a full binge since starting it, just one mini one (food eaten didn't amount to a binge but I was eating with binge-like intent if that makes sense. Brain was looking for a binge-kick but this time didn't find enough of it to keep going - interesting).

We have had a few discussions about binging and for me it is totally about intent and not the food-either what or how much.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shredded cabbage, perhaps? That has a lot of bulk for not many calories.

I had a binge once on Brussels Sprouts.

I just had to spend an hour and a half waiting for DS at the doctor this morning and then 2.5 hours while he renewed a learners permit because he didnt think to make an appt for a driving test THREE months ago (who would for heavens sake). So I got some knitting done. Slow going but making progress on the blanket.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-05-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    When is tax free weekend and the new computer?

This past weekend was tax free, I pick up the new computer after work today!!!!! I was trying to figure out this morning how to make the keyboard and mouse like thing lifted so I can stand at the computer. The monitor will have to just stand on the desk because there are cabinets above it so there is no room to raise it. Plan to do a Goodwill run and find a small side table that I can cut down and dress up and use.

I am worried about finishing the blanket when I have a new toy in the house! I got an iMac desktop, and I got a plan through the dealer that includes, among other things, the opportunity to take 1hour, one-on-one, training sessions on my apple products. I wanted to make sure I started it right so that it doesn't get junked up. Although it seems the apple computers have less a tendency to do that. I also want to learn to do some fun photoshop type stuff as well as figure out my iTunes account (we started out with 3 people on one PC computer but iTunes had to have a special hack to be able to do that and I don't want to erase all of our music. Between the 4 of us we have a staggering number of songs).

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Not only did you get a new computer, but you got a Mac...all for you. How fun is that?