Page 4 of 623 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 4

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Still having sleep issues, so tired, rats, it makes me physically lazy and keeps me looking for something sweet. I was going to say maybe my TOM is coming but, I just realized I have not had one since July 17th. What is up with that? So it is actually the start of menopause apparently. mmm

DS went out with me today to get the filters and a fan to make home made beef jerky. We will pick a marinade for the beef and start it tomorrow afternoon. Our basement is pretty cool temp wise and so we are going to set it up on a table down there. Now that our vegetarian is off at college we don't have to worry about the smell-except we don't want to attract any critters!

B: coffee, cream, erythrol (SF syrup), 3 pork sausage
    L: salmon, avocado, dab of mayo, jarlsberg, coffee, cream, SF syrup, a few macadamia nuts, chocolate/coconut oil
    D: chicken sausage, chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, mascarpone/cream/SF syrup

Tomorrow I am going back to my simple foods, here is the plan...

B: coffee, cream, stevia, eggs, sausage
    L: salmon, avocado, veggie (salad), oil, vinegar, jarlsberg
    D: protein, 2 veggies

I am going to stop the sweets to get past this, my morning coffee is enough sweet, and I am going back to stevia as opposed to the SF syrup.

Good news, I have an appointment on Wednesday to start the process of trading out the CPAP machine that I use for my sleep apnea and getting a retainer instead! No more Darth Vader breathing, no more tube to tangle up in, no more plastic mask pressed against my face and up my nose. Gad, who invented this and thought "now this will help them sleep"?

another happy note...phase 1 of my backyard hardscape is done, we are now finalizing the details for phase 2. Then I will have a boatload of planting to do this fall!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

rained yesterday and supposed to rain today, so my energies are shifted away from the pine straw bales and toward sewing and hanging my new living room drapes. Grocery shopping-done. So the foods necessary for me to stay on track are in the house. If the rain clears we will grill out tonight.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I hate to sew, and as witnessed today, I will find anything to put it off-I worked outside in a drizzle moving rocks around and weeding. I really want to get them hung before my friends come over on Thursday. So tomorrow it is.

Had a mild headache today. These are very rare for me, I am attributing it to effects of that damn warfarin I have to take, but luckily only until mid-October. shut my eyes (light napping) for about a half an hour and it helped.

DD sent photos of her at her first college football game, her team won and she was very involved in all the traditions and activities that go with football at UT.

DS found a recipe for jerky today, we still need bungi cords till we can make it, otherwise we can't attach the filters to the fan.

B: coffee, cream, stevia, eggs, sausage, 2 slices of tomato
    L: salmon, avocado, olive oil and cider vinegar, jarlsberg, chocolate/coconut oil bites.
    D: pot roast, romaine lettuce, sour cream, olive oil and cider vinegar

I bought some raw cheddar yesterday, will try to remember to use it at lunch tomorrow instead of the jarlsberg. Also, wonder if I am too low in carbs, I got a great nights sleep last night but was tired this afternoon. Of course that could be the yard work/stone moving. But it does seem to be common lately around 3 or 4. Will have to watch that, maybe add 1/4 C of blueberries to my day.
    Chris
    Unknown

so not losing any weight. I don't think I am weight obsessive, but I do think that I can't be truly healthy until I get under 200 or so. So I think losing is important right now. I did lose inches and for that I am grateful, but again, I weigh way too much.

So....what to do.....I am going to add a version of a leptin reset starting today and extending until my 53rd birthday on 11-11.

This version to be exact....http://www.wanderings.net/notebook/M...LeptinRichards

RULE 1: Never eat after dinner

RULE 2: Eat 3 meals a day, no snacks

RULE 3 : Do not eat large meals

RULE 4: Eat a high protein breakfast soon after arising

RULE 5: Reduce the amount of carbs eaten.

All of these are totally doable, with the main difference being the breakfast one since I normally just start the day with a big cup of coffee and don't do breakfast for several hours after I wake up.

Today's planned foods.....

B: Mocha-coffee, cream, stevia sweetened Whey protein powder, 2 eggs, 2 sausage....done 6a.m.
    L: Salmon, avocado, olive oil, vinegar, jarlsberg, 2 chocolate/coconut oil/stevia bites
    D: New York Strip (broiled-it is supposed to rain all day so our planned grill out is a grill in), Romaine lettuce, olive oil, vinegar.
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-05-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: for spelling
    Chris
    Unknown

ok, so not sure if it is the higher protein at breakfast, or the coconut oil at lunch, but I just passed 4pm and didn't feel like I had gotten a lobotomy! Now if I start losing weight too, wow, I may have stepped in it here.
    Chris
    Unknown

Actual meals today...

B: my mocha, 2 eggs, 2 pork sausage- 6 a.m.
    L: salmon, avocado, olive oil, cider vinegar, jarlsberg, chocolate/coconut oil/stevia bites- 12:30 p.m.
    D; London broil, kerrygold butter on it, romaine olive oil, cider vinegar, grated parm, celery-6:30 p.m.

Felt great all day, lets see how I sleep.
    Chris
    Unknown

Felt great yesterday, ate well, stayed clean, drank lots of water, went to bed on time, woke up without an alarm this morning. Gained a pound.

I do not want to obsess about weight, but at the weight I am right now, I sort of feel like I have to. I absolutely cannot be healthy at this weight. I will however plod along as I believe this path is the most likely, healthiest, path to reaching the potential of my genes/dreams.

Today's Plan:

B: my mocha, 2 eggs, 2 sausage- done 6am
    L: salmon, avocado, 2 chocolate/coconut bites
    D: burger, broccoli
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-06-2011 at 05:09 AM. Reason: to add plan
    Chris
    Unknown

So lets just say that when I can easily do the 5 essential movements the achievement will seem monumental compared to where I started. So without further ado...

Wall Push-ups= 25
    2 legged pull ups=5
    assisted squats=15
    overhead press-jack knife=15
    knee/full arm plank=30 seconds
    right side=45 seconds
    left side=45 seconds

We will be doing these 2 times a week, Tuesday and either Friday or Saturday
    Chris
    Unknown

belinda is offline Senior Member
    It's unfortunate that you're not seeing an immediate response on the scale but you're doing so many things right, I'm sure it'll happen for you!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks for your encouragement! I really needed that today. I have not treated my body well for the past 40 years or so - not for lack of trying mind you, so much time and energy spent researching. Not sure why it took so long to get here, but I am sure that my body needs to recuperate from the years of following the CW.

Today's food...

B: my mocha, 2 eggs, 2 sausages -6am
    L: salmon, avocado, jarlsberg, 1 chocolate/coconut oil bite[I]1pm[I]
    D: ground beef, broccoli, very small salad 6pm

I know this is a terrible thing to admit, but generally after dinner I am too tired to clean the kitchen, we usually put our own dishes in the dishwasher, and then I soak the pots and pans and clean them in the morning. Tonight, I actually cleaned the kitchen, I had that much energy left at the end of my day. This is huge!
    Chris
    Unknown

Page 4 of 623 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast