Page 398 of 666 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 6654

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 398

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Ruth! DS and I stopped at Trader Joes for dinner stuff so I made a huge salad with a nice piece of fish. Then strawberries with sour cream mixed with a bit of stevia. Drinking lemon water now and stuffed to the gills. So no more room for food! And yes eating more will make matters worse. I will still be worried and then I will also feel physically crappy.

I have already decided that our next mattress will be 2 twins. I plan to put foam between them and then put memory foam and feather bed on the whole thing. I did this in our spare room and it is the best bed we have slept in together it really does mitigate the partner's movements. We have a sleigh bed frame so we are going to make it look like a king (so we will have to get XL twin as the regular twin is 4" shorter and I know this from having done the upstairs bed!).
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Have you heard from DD yet?

I am curious as to how 3 DD's will go. I agree though, once something goes in the mouth its all over. I know for DD's, if I keep it simple I do better. The problem with the last one is I was TRUELY hungry @ noon. Now my brain remembers what Sabine says, we won't die if we do not eat. I have yet to convince the stomach.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I eat lunch on my DD. Maybe a cucumber, but usually teaat the end of the day. If I can make it to 3 pm and not eat again, I'm usually good to go.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

The kid is 7 hours ahead of me and she had planned to spend today roaming in Barcelona then fly out in the morning. Once she is in Germany I feel like it is safer there and she speaks the language. But she didn't take her phone so she won't be back in touch till she has wi-fi again. But no idea if the hostels have it. She is staying with friends in a couple of days and will have it there but may be too busy to write an email. I just have to do deep breathing and remind myself that worrying will not change any thing in a positive manner.

Funny how we are all different. Once the food goes in it sets me off. I have been able to do a smoothie if I need to, but then I end up with so few calories for a decent dinner. 100 calories for coffee/green tea, then at least 100 for the smoothie. I could come up with a good dinner for 300 calories though if I just took some time to plan it out.

P.S. my son, helping me relax about it all, says that they are not going to do anything right after the authorities put out the warnings. Doubt the terrorists pay attention to the warnings but it was sweet of DS to try to make me feel better.
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-02-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    And if she has heard the warning, she's probably just thinking, 'well, I'm not going to an embassy, no biggie.' I think you are right to remember that worrying does not change what is actually happening (which is probably nothing). Still, I hope you hear from her soon. It is always good to know that they are fine and having fun. <3

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Now my brain remembers what Sabine says, we won't die if we do not eat. I have yet to convince the stomach.
    Heehee. Stomachs are such rebels!

3:4
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down days
    -doing 3:4=
    --3 days of 550 calories or less yesterday 820
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, but certainly at or less than TDEE (currently 2,100)

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (after the 3rd fast) Track in journal or MFP.
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE?

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-6155
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    -10 flights of stairs 3
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day 6:27 at 84%, without hubs in the bed?

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) still clean

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. extenuating circumstances yesterday, moving on
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

So I ended up going into the kitchen last night and having some cheese crackers and chocolate. Not horrible, not great. My tummy was growling, so technically I was hungry, but I should have gone to bed. Instead I stayed up because, I had control of the remote, a power I RARELY have and apparently didn't want to give up easily.

I woke up hungry, and ate the leftover fajitas from the other night, which is ok, as today is a non-fasting day. I sort of feel like I should stop calling it an "up" day. To the extent that words have an effect on attitude non-fasting is probably a better term for me to use.

So if all went well, and I am sure it did or I would have heard something, my daughter is in Munich. I can't remember if she flies back on the 10th or the 11th, but between now and then she will go from Munich, to Cologne, Dresden & Madgeberg (this with her friend, our foreign exchange student), Hamburg to see the family ancestral homes (there is a street near there named for DH's grandmother's family), then Denmark to stay with family friends there and she is hoping to see Hamlet's castle. Then she flies out of Copenhagen straight to school where she will be an Orientation Leader starting the 12th. Busy kid.

So then DS goes to make an appointment for his driving test and there is no county within an hour of us or on the way to school that has any appointments open within the next 90 days for the test. And you can only make the appointment 90 days in advance. So I have to go in on Monday to renew mine because I need a new photo (oh joy), so we are going to see if he can just sign up for the test while we are there. Otherwise he is going to have to renew his learner's permit and sign up to take the test next summer. We could let him try at Thanksgiving or Christmas but he won't have been driving before the test and he has not got that much experience. We'll see. I am making him drive me to a town that is about 45 minutes south of us today to get in some more experience in case he can take the test on Monday.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I would consider yesterday a win!

Eek. What a pain on the license.

I rarely watch TV, but I can certainly understand control of the remote

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    tv goes on in our house as soon as DH walks in, drives me crazy as it is usually very loud because of his hearing issues. It is usually news then Seinfeld then news then guns, war, history or as close as he can get to that. I don't put it on until after dinner (DS is usually on the computer) when DH is gone, and I put on stand up comics or something basically that I think will make me laugh out loud-literally!

the power of control of the remote is intoxicating and addictive.