Page 397 of 609 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 6087

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 397

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That looks like a good site. Thanks for posting the link. I like reading about people who have been doing 5:2 or ADF for a while.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    The forum she started has a full range of IF programs covered. And a very nice and helpful bunch, very international.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Hi demuralist; thought your name sounded familiar on the 5:2 forum (I've joined it fairly recently).

Wonder if anyone else is overlapping the two forums/principles? I'd strayed away from Primal eating for a while, started 5:2, am having some success with it but can't help but feel it would be better if I ate real, good foods on feed days rather than using the concept of feast days as an excuse to eat junk.

It must be even more important to eat super nutritious food when you're only eating 5 days a week, right?

Hi pineneedles! I am not very active on the 5:2 thread as I have not gotten attached to anyone there yet, and the concept is so easy I rarely have any questions or concerns, but I love the attitude there, as well as the Progress Tracker. I don't know if there are anymore of us here, I kinda keep to my group here and don't venture out too much as some on here can be quite rude.

I am going to admit up front I am not anywhere near 100% Primal. Just not going to be a fanatic about it. But I do make most every thing I eat from scratch and as fresh as I can get it. I think that is important no matter how many days a week you eat. It is when I get into the details of "is it Primal or not" that I drop out of the game.

I am quite successful with my version of 5:2, as long as I am actually doing it! And I am committed to doing it for life.

So glad you are here. Do you use the same user name over there?

3:2:2
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down & moderate days (all calories from fat)
    -doing 3:2:2=
    --2 days of 550 calories or less, 516 but it felt like much more (uncomfortably so) and the scale was slightly up-makes me wonder if I didn't track incorrectly.
    --2 days of 1500 calories or less
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger,

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Saturdays) Track in journal or MFP.
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE?

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-7159
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-YES!
    ---computer/phone time at home less than 1 hour
    -10 flights of stairs 8, this seems pretty consistent
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day 6:45 at 89%, DH is out of town till Tuesday, this should improve significantly as I will be in bed alone, going to bed on time, and cranking the AC!

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the 3:2:2 plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) still clean

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. confused this morning, because of yesterday, and actually still feeling kinda full?
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

I have decided I need to just do my morning coffee and green tea and lemon water (I am out of ACV and the lemon is a nice change) and then dinner on my dd's. I really think that once I put something in my mouth it starts a cascade. And even though I tracked it and it came in under yesterday, it just doesn't feel right. I will do an ud today (going to take DS out to dinner as we have to finish his college shopping after work), and then tomorrow will do a dd, in which I will only do dinner and I will weigh everything. I need to keep the controls tight, getting lax is a downhill slope.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Hello, yes, same username. I'm quite a lazy journaller and haven't really built up relationships here but do find it really helpful to read other people's experiences. Although you're right, some threads can get a bit hairy ... The 5:2 lot are really supportive and cheerful, just the thing to get me through a fast day.

Just noticed one of your goals is to wake up without alarm. Interestingly I started doing this accidentally in May (came back from a short holiday and didn't reset my alarm) and waking up naturally either side of 7am. It'll be interesting to see if I can keep it up as days become shorter again.

well I have added you as a friend in that forum, not sure what it does, but well there it is.

I do now actually wake up most days before the alarm, but what I really want is to really wake up, ie. feel like getting out of bed! My alarm goes off at 6:30, I am usually up for about 5 minutes before that, but on those mornings after a good night's sleep, I get up and get things done and get on the treadmill. Most mornings I lollygag around and don't make it to the treadmill. I really am hoping that I can get a nice pattern going while DH is away. Not only will I get a better night's sleep, I will have less clean up to do. Not sure why that is true as I still make dinner for DS and I but life is easier when DH is out of town.

3:4
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down days
    -doing 3:4=
    --3 days of 550 calories or less
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, but certainly at or less than TDEE (currently 2,100) yesterday 1715

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (after the 3rd fast) Track in journal or MFP.
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE?

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-7485
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    -10 flights of stairs 10!
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day 7:35 at 93% efficiency

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) still clean

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. Changing things up a bit...
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

So, I have decided to do 3 days of fasting and 4 days not fasting. My fasting days will be Tuesday, Thursday, and either Saturday or Sunday, which I will decide ahead of time-ie. NOT on the fly. I feel like the fasting days are actually easier than the moderate days. On my fasting days I will do my morning coffee, green tea, and lemon or ACV water. This totals about 124 ounces of fluids and just under 100 calories. Then I will leave the extra 450 calories for dinner, no snacking. For my non-fasting days, I will follow whatever my body wants to do. All of this will be with an emphasis on fresh/real foods, simply prepared, and mindfully enjoyed.

It is time to uncomplicate things!

ARGH!!!!! They just issued a world wide alert for American travelers. The DD ended the dig portion of her European travel and starts the 8 day traveling portion of her travel today. No way to contact her for at least another day or 2, not that she would listen anyway, so I will probably just keep it to myself. So I just have a general sense of new concern. Lovely.

p.s. DH is traveling for this next week as well, yeah

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I love DH, but frankly, I sleep better by myself. I can understand why people used to have separate bed/rooms

Thinking about your DD and DH. While this has got to be stressful, don't let the stress be a reason to go off your plan and use food as comfort! Knit or talk to us or do something else to relieve the pressure.