Page 396 of 641 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 6405

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 396

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It was in the low 60's when I started the yard. Then I just followed the shade around the yard. I have an appt with the dermatologist in the a.m. Did not want to have to explain a sunburn.

My fitbit says I climbed 0 stairs...WRONG, did at least 8 not sure why it was miscounting but know I know it cant be trusted.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    What about hitting the treadmill before any computer time and hitting the computer as your reward for doing the treadmill?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I wish I could type & walk. Then I'd be on the treadmill more often :-) I've seen those treadmill desks, but don't think I'm coordinated enough. I'm wondering about those under the desk bike peddles when I sit and work (I stand part of the day). Not as good as full body movement, but something.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

So my morning routine, when I stick to the routine, I wake up and make an iced coffee and start drinking it. then I make my green tea and put it in the fridge, and then the ACV water (I take those 2 to work). Then I change clothes and do the treadmill, taking my coffee with me! Then I come back up stairs, start drinking lemon water and clean the kitchen (yes I leave my kitchen a mess overnight). Then I shower and go to work. If there is time, I will spend a few minutes after shower before I leave for work, on the computer (rarely happens). Then I am at work for 7 hours, 95% of which is spent sitting at my desk/computer. Being there to greet visitors, sign for packages, answer the phone, direct tradesmen and construction workers (we are doing a reno right now), is my job. I could just stand there, but that makes it hard to do my computer work (answering email, making receipts for donations-which often entails doing a biblio of boxes of books) until/unless I can talk the boss into letting me add the stand up desk to my current situation. After work I almost always have at least one errand to run, then home. Once home, I do general housekeeping (after a snack), then start dinner, eat, then relax/watch tv and knit (or similar craft), mixed in with this I play Words with friends with my mom.

If I don't get on the treadmill first thing in the morning, well then all bets are off!

I can barely type while sitting still, I am actually worried that I will have trouble typing while standing, I would never be able to do it while on a treadmill. Way too clutzy for that!

oops, forgot...
    3:2:2
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down & moderate days (all calories from fat)
    -doing 3:2:2=
    --2 days of 550 calories or less,
    --2 days of 1500 calories or less
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, yesterday was 1,806

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Saturdays) Track in journal or MFP.
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-yesterday was 3,862, this is deceiving because I gardened for 4.5 hours and that is work but not a lot of steps, then I got mad at the fitbit because it didn't show my stairs that I had climbed, so I took it off for a few hours, I showed it!
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    ---computer/phone time at home less than 1 hour
    -10 flights of stairs yesterday was 8, so imagine how many I actually did, likely closer to 15, could be as high as 20, darn fitbit!
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day 5:24 actual sleep, 79% efficiency, not sure how I kept myself working in the yard so long, I did take a nap but it was lousy too, and all it did was make falling asleep last night more difficult.

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the 3:2:2 plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) so far so good on this front, even with lousy sleep

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. here I am!
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

p.s. scale actually showed a loss this morning, i still like getting on every day, or most days anyway, it just reminds me to be mindful. when I am not weighing it is as if my mind says, oh we are not watching our weight today, lets go eat.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    you are so funny. Yeah.. give that fitbit what-for!! You are doing great.

I have noticed that exercise needs to be intentional or I wont do it. Kind of like eating right.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'm over "formal" exercise, at least for the time being (though will try to add some HIT, per Mosley in the next few weeks). I'm all about walking (which I enjoy) and trying to get off my rear at least once every hour. Maybe once I get the eating thing down again, I can give another run at lifting/body weight stuff.

DD or MD today, Chris? When do the 3 day work weeks start?

today is my dd. 3 day weeks start when we get back from Christmas break, the first of the year.

I had all good intentions of doing the treadmill this morning, but then Dh remembered he has to pack to go out of town and I needed to get his laundry going, on top of my normal morning chores. Of course I could have probably still done it, but obviously not mentally there yet. Not stressing about it though, as I know that keeping the food in the right place has much more to do with weight than movement does. However, I know that I need to get the movement going to feel my best, so it will be added soon. I also plan to add Tabata back in, once I get my NEAT in order, probably after I get the kids off to college-13th of August!

N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    --2 days of 1500 calories or less
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger, yesterday was 1,750

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Saturdays) Track in journal or MFP.

3) EXERCISE
    -10,000 steps a day- 6141
    -10 flights of stairs 10!
    ---use upstairs bathroom

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day 7:48 at 91%

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the 3:2:2 plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) so far so good on this front

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. here I am, and this is starting to feel natural again, now I just need to be mindful to be mindful!

Oddly my ud's this weekend were low for the most part, and I even managed a very close to dd on a day off, so I am thinking I've got this. I truly do love that on my ud's I can eat without restriction (except mindfulness), and watch basically for half the time. Totally doable, and actually enjoyable.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-31-2013 at 05:39 AM.

N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

--2 days of 1500 calories or less yesterday was 795
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger,

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Saturdays) Track in journal or MFP. it is still coming down, slowly

3) EXERCISE
    -10,000 steps a day-
    -10 flights of stairs
    ---use upstairs bathroom

4) SLEEP
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day 6:45 at 83%

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the 3:2:2 plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) ok, knock on wood, not had a binge or anything that resembled one since I got back on the wagon!!

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. I am feeling very upbeat, no guilt, just food

So yesterday I got home from work and I was starving, so I decided that I would make it my md and do a dd today. So I had some jicama with homemade dip and celery with cream cheese/tampenade homemade dip while I was cooking dinner. I laid out a serving of each, so I would not just be stuffing things into my mouth. For dinner I made Eggs in Purgatory, essentially a putnesca type sauce into which I poached eggs. All good, well, then I decided the sauce was too good to leave any in the plate, so I started with a dinner roll, which I sliced and covered the bottom of my bowl with. Then I piled the sauce and eggs on top of that. I could have done without the roll really, and just eaten it as a soup, but the hunger did not let me think of that possibility until after I had finished eating.

No big deal, it was still a very low md. And the scale was kind to me this morning.

The woman who started the 5:2 diet forum has started a blog...Come Fast With Me: The 5:2 Diet Plan | A long-term 5:2er's blog she has a great story, is very helpful, and an easy read.