Page 395 of 665 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 6645

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 395

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    3:2:2
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down & moderate days (all calories from fat)
    -doing 3:2:2=
    --2 days of 550 calories or less,
    --2 days of 1500 calories or less yesterday was 765
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Saturdays) Track in journal or MFP. weight and waist are coming down, slower than I would like and not yet to where I was with the 3:2:2 before I strayed for a few weeks, but close.
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-yesterday was 5,706
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    ---computer/phone time at home less than 1 hour
    -10 flights of stairs yesterday was 2
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day nope, yesterday 81% efficiency

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the 3:2:2 plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) so far so good on this front,

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. here I am!
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low. today is the re-evaluate...

This week went really well, I had 2 low days that actually came in under my 560. I had 2 moderate days that came in well under 1,500. Friday, today, and tomorrow are my up days this week. So the food plan stays unchanged.

I am doing pretty well with tracking, only Friday was untracked.

I have not gotten back on the treadmill, yet. Today is expected to be a beautiful day and I plan to spend it outside in the garden. I mowed yesterday, so I can spend today actually gardening, so no treadmill today either. Anyway, my average daily steps are about 5,650, adding the treadmill will add another 2,000. So my goal for this week is 8,000 steps a day, plus the 10 flights of steps.

Sleep, why do I resist? I need to get into bed by 10pm, so I need to walk away from the living room by 9:30 at the latest, really 9 would be better as it would give me an hour away from the tv. So that is my plan this week.

I have no problems with #'s 5 & 6 this week.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Looks good! So your UD's are back to back? whoo hoo UDing together!! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

thanks. Yes, my dd's are usually Tuesday and Thursday, md's Wednesday and Friday, and ud's Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. But since I ate my way past moderate on Friday this week I made Saturday my moderate day. Except that I forgot it was moderate until dinner time and was acting like it was a dd, so the calories ended up being pretty low. I only arrange my days like that because of work though. Starting in January, I go to 3 days a week (they can't afford to give me a raise, so they are keeping my salary the same and decreasing my hours). So I will have to see what I do with the days then.

You were right in the beginning where you have to fit this into your schedule or it wont work. This year, one of my dd's is on a Friday. We will see how this goes because at work, every other friday is treat friday. Now, I can USUALLY stay out of the lounge but wow.. I need to just plan plan plan.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I was thinking yesterday was a DD and I was totally proud of how well you managed on a Saturday

Your week looks good You'll be back in the groove very soon.

3 days a week of work sounds just about perfect to me

Karin, if it were me I wouldn't set myself up like that, I would just switch out an ud so I could have a treat on Friday if I wanted it. Of course there is the physical issues with anything in those treats, but that is another story. I just wouldn't set myself up for a possible failure/deprivation feeling.

Yeah, I think I said in my morning notes that it was a dd, but I realized last night that Friday wasn't supposed to have been a dd and that was the day I was making up. And yes I think I did great for it being a day off, well for any day really!

I am very excited about 3 days a week! I am actually trying to get myself disciplined to not sit at the computer all day on my days off, (part of the reason I need to get on the computer as soon as I wake up-before I sit down to the computer and talk myself out of the treadmill!) so that I will be able to accomplish the projects that have been sitting for too long. Also, trying to get the extra day off to be Friday so that I can start going to estate sales again. Would love to go back to painting furniture once my home projects are done.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Our computer desk is right next to the kitchen pass-through counter, so whenever I am using the computer I swing it up onto the counter and stand, instead of sit. It works pretty well, and makes it easier for me to go do something else when a page is taking a while to load, instead of tapping my fingers and getting irritated.

We have a desk in the kitchen. My new computer will be a desk top, so no swinging it anywhere. No matter I am slowly cutting back on my screen time. I just spent 4.5 hours in the garden. Stunningly beautiful out today.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It is gorgeous here, too. Just low 80s, so we're loving it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We are having rainy weather and I love it!! Of course when it stops in a couple days and the sun comes out the grass is going to grow like crazy! GRR
    Karin