Page 392 of 650 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 6497

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 392

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Do you think the mostly protein for dinner could have helped your sleep? Or even the going to bed hungry?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Do you think the mostly protein for dinner could have helped your sleep? Or even the going to bed hungry?
    Not sure about the protein as that is not uncommon, but going to bed hungry is uncommon so maybe that?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

3:2:2
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -All carbs from veggies and seasonal fruits=No wheat and No sugar.
    -Fat fast till 4:30 most days (all calories from fat)
    -doing 3:2:2=
    --2 days of 550 calories or less,
    --2 days of 1500 calories or less yesterday was 1496
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger (about 2,100 calories)

2) DATA
    Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Saturdays) Track in journal or MFP.
    Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-yesterday was only 5,680
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    ---computer/phone time at home less than 1 hour yep
    -10 flights of stairs yesterday was 8
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day nope, whatever it was that allowed 100% the other night is gone, last night it was 88% with 7 wake ups, went to bed late woke up tired.

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the 3:2:2 plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) doing very well here,

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. here I am!
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

It is odd that although I had slept apparently better than I have in years I had no more energy yesterday than normal, guess it is going to take more than one night of fantastic sleep to make me energetic. But I bet that is why I was able to resist eating late though.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    looks good! You know, you have always done a sort of rumble strip before. This one seems more detailed and workable for you.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, I feel good about this because it feels like it has enough detail to be effective but not so much as to be restrictive. My kitchen is even staying clean, weird huh?

p.s. today is a down day, and I can't think of any reason why I can't try a liquid diet. Just gotta figure out what to feed the hubs, since I made him pasta yesterday. He thrives on pasta though and I don't really care for it, so I will probably just make it again but with a different "sauce". Thinking eggs and parm. Old recipe from my grandmother and stupid easy. And if I really need to eat I can make mine with shirataki noodles or spaghetti squash.

there ya go! Oh I need to remember shiratake noodles for DD although, I am always happy with bacon and eggs.
    Karin

I very rarely cook bacon, I do eggs but usually on MD's not so much on DD's, I don't find them filling enough for the calories they cost.

3:2:2
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -Fat fast till 4:30 on down & moderate days (all calories from fat)
    -doing 3:2:2=
    --2 days of 550 calories or less, yesterday was 482
    --2 days of 1500 calories or less
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger (about 2,100 calories)

2) DATA
    -Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Saturdays) Track in journal or MFP. I am weighing most days now, it is currently motivating
    -Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-yesterday was only 5,634
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    ---computer/phone time at home less than 1 hour close, I play Words with friends with my mom and we have 7 to 8 games going
    -10 flights of stairs yesterday was 8
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day nope, yesterday in bed at 11, 86% efficiency

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the 3:2:2 plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) doing very well here,

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. here I am!
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

So, yesterday was a "liquid" day mostly. Although, I am not sure it really counts if I just put the solids through the blender! I did also do some salty celery. Dh got home late so I just fried some eggs for him.

I am obviously having a bit of an issue with my NEAT. I have not been getting on the treadmill, totally mental I just need to get back into the habit, although I have been using the upstairs bathroom most of the time so my stair climbing is very close. I talked to my boss about talking to the big boss to see how he would feel about me using a standing desk. I will make one I found online, so it isn't about the cost. It is about the look, basically my office is the reception area in a historic building, so it is about the look. He gets back mid-August and he and I have a few things to talk about so I will do some research and add this to my list.

well if the desk was just higher so you could stand or someone could use a stool, that would be a vast improvement and should not be problematic I would think.
    Karin

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How about a lap desk/bed tray type of arrangement, that you could just set on top of your area?