Page 391 of 629 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 6283

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 391

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well I am guilty of all of it. I think that contributed to my sensor being broken. I think if we fix the sensor we are better off.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I grew up with my mom still cooking meals. If I ate at fast food places once I hit high school I had to pay for it, so I rarely did it. We almost never went before that. Soda was for parties, never kept in the house. For dinner we had a salad, a protein source, a veggie and a starch. For dessert we had pudding (homemade).

Even now, we eat a meal out no more than twice a month, unless we are traveling and that is not a common occurrence either.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I tell you, I am implementing the no eating out rule except maybe once a month. Its expensive and the food is not as nutritious.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    As a family, we only eat out 2x/month. We make it something special that we all like. I remember growing up how fun eating out was because it was a rare treat...it's enjoyable again (except when I've been traveling). Fast food is not on the list. Bleck. I have freezer meals and all else fails, lunch meat or bacon and eggs (or a smoothie). Not perfect, but better than fast food.

Of course, I eat out plenty for work, but I do try to cook/bring my own food whenever possible.

When we travel we usually do Wendy's so we can each get what we want. As a splurge maybe Cracker Barrel. But if we want a special night in town we have company in and I cook. Which for us is so much nicer than going out because DH has hearing issues and really has a hard time hearing the conversation in Restaurants. When I bring DS home from camp i take him to Sonic, so 3 times a year, and I usually have something and am disappointed in it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yesterday's dd went very well. I didn't end up doing a liquid day because I forgot I had pork chops in the fridge that I needed to cook up. But it worked out, I kept the 400 calories for dinner. After dinner I started jonesing for something sweet, but decided it was bedtime (it was 9:30), so I finished what I was doing cleaned up and went to bed.

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips this is a reminder of my weekly goals...

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -All carbs from veggies and seasonal fruits=No wheat and No sugar.
    -Fat fast till 4:30 most days (all calories from fat)
    -doing 3:2:2=
    --2 days of 550 calories or less, yesterday was 560
    --2 days of 1300 calories or less
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger (about 2,100 calories)

2) DATA
    Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Saturdays) Track in journal or MFP.
    Track food every evening (check food rumble strips) DONE

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day-yesterday was only 6,680
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day-nope
    ---computer/phone time at home less than 1 hour yep
    -10 flights of stairs yesterday was 8
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day
    SOOO this is unreal, last night was the first time since I have been using the fitbit that I got a 100% efficiency. I did not wake up once during the night. I thought the fitbit might be broken, but nope, it showed that I didn't fall asleep until DH had come to bed (about 20 minutes after I got in bed) and that I woke up 8 minutes before the alarm went off. Oddly I don't feel any perkier, but I think my face looks better somehow (probably just my imagination). And I piddled around too much (again) in the kitchen and ran out of time for the treadmill. I am going to just have to go straight to the treadmill when I wake up, because I am never really done in the kitchen I just run out of time.

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the 3:2:2 plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!) doing very well here, and didn't even give in to an urge last night!

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily. here I am!
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.

Oh, and p.s. if you checked out the video I shared on FB, DD is the first one they interviewed.

Wow, that's amazing on the sleep. If I get plenty of sleep and am well-hydrated, I look much younger. I look haggard with one or the other is missing.

Good for you for just going to bed!

wish I knew what I did differently that allowed that successful night sleep, thrilled though.

I spent a good 30 minutes talking myself out of the kitchen. I would think of something that I could grab and munch on quickly, then talk myself out of it, then something else would come to mind, etc.

Ok. Stealing the stacking of three basic things I can do consistently that will take me to my goal ...

3:2:2
    N.E.A.T.
    Write it down, what i eat as well as my measurements.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Nice stacking. Mine is similar.
    -- Ruth