looks good
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    weight: 265.6 that is up 2lbs
    Waist: 41" that is the same

What did I learn this week?

Well I learned that even though my "eating window" is only 4 hours, I can still get those calories in there! And that 1 down day in a week is not enough to even maintain if I am going to just let go on the other days. I need to get back in the daily habit of using the treadmill, otherwise my steps will hover around 5,000 to 6,000 and that is just not enough. So the plan for this week...simplify!

Optimal Health Plan with Rumble Strips

1) FOOD, all I am "counting" is calories (sorry to those who think it isn't about the calories)
    -All carbs from veggies and seasonal fruits=No wheat and No sugar.
    -Fat fast till 4:30 most days (all calories from fat)
    -doing 3:2:2=
    --2 days of 550 calories or less
    --2 days of 1300 calories or less
    --4 days of thoughtful eating to hunger (about 2,100 calories)

2) DATA
    Weigh and Measure 1x/week (Saturdays) Track in journal or MFP.
    Track food every evening (check food rumble strips)

3) EXERCISE
    Working on N.E.A.T....for now, eventually add in Tabata
    -10,000 steps a day
    ---30 minutes on treadmill every day
    ---computer/phone time at home less than 1 hour
    -10 flights of stairs
    ---use upstairs bathroom
    ---carry fewer grocery bags at a time

4) SLEEP
    --to get to where I don't need an alarm to wake up (about 7.5 hours of actual sleep)
    --To bed by 10, up at 6:30 every day

5) BINGES
    --I find I am not having trouble with this as long as I stick to the 3:2:2 plan (which I did very well with for 2.5 months, so back to it!)

6) SYSTEMS
    --Use journal to evaluate daily.
    --Re-evaluate weekly to be sure I have not aimed too high or too low.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-20-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I really like how you have your days broken down and that you fat fast until 4:30p. Its something to think about and I am wondering if that wont help get my carbs under control. For your fat fast I assume you are using HWC for coffee but what else?
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Actually, half and half and my "homemade" coconut milk in iced coffee and just the half and half in green tea mixed to 50oz. As well as the 50oz of ACV water are all I have. I don't actually eat anything.

The coconut milk is the can of Trader Joes Lite mixed with enough water to make it a gallon.

The reason I switched to half and half is that it has the same carb count as the HWC I was drinking but way fewer calories.

On my non-work days I rarely go until 4:30, it is usually closer to 2:30. But it is also usually more about work avoidance than true hunger. I mean I do get a pang of hunger but I would likely ignore it if what I had to do next was something I really wanted to do or if I get out of the house I ignore them as well. It turns out hunger is something that will pass and come back later and it won't kill me, funny that!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Interesting about the half and half. I tend to have issues with it and not so much the HWC. Still CM is probably better for. I have determined I REALLY prefer Thai kitchen organic to any other because its so creamy. So I am thinking about calories on DD, is that why you are making your CM?

Today I am going to test the 4:30. You are right about hunger.. its easy to forget it wont kill us to just WAIT.
    Karin

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I had one of my all-liquid Down Days: probiotic drinks (10K per cup), and iced coffee with cream(50K) and at the very end, a green smoothie(100K). So, under 200K for the day.

I really am getting to enjoying them, even when I have some hunger pains. My body just feels different. A little lighter, a little more energetic. It is not the same as the 'power surge' I felt on the fourth Down Day, but it is a good feeling. Not for all the time- I have no physical urge to do it for many days in a row, but I think the alternation of high and low calories is really doing something good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Yesterday I had one of my all-liquid Down Days: probiotic drinks (10K per cup), and iced coffee with cream(50K) and at the very end, a green smoothie(100K). So, under 200K for the day.

I really am getting to enjoying them, even when I have some hunger pains. My body just feels different. A little lighter, a little more energetic. It is not the same as the 'power surge' I felt on the fourth Down Day, but it is a good feeling. Not for all the time- I have no physical urge to do it for many days in a row, but I think the alternation of high and low calories is really doing something good for me.
    inspiring. whats in your green smoothie?
    Karin

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I change it up depending on what is in the fridge, choosing from cucumber, spinach, green beans, zucchini, crookneck, carrots, chard, tomato, pickled beets, what have you. I usually put in 3 or 4 vegetables, and one fruit. Apple, banana, berries, sometimes pineapple or plum. And maybe half a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. Honey really likes them. Fair warning: they are NOT sweet. Just mild.

Gotcha.. even if it was half fruit and half veggie that would work. I made some AWESOME paleo pickled beets that would give it a nice zip.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pickled beets? Do tell!