Page 387 of 548 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 5471

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 387

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Hooray for a good DD And, very cool about DS. I wish I had learned good habits when I was young instead of trying to undo 30 some odd years of bad behaviors. College is hard. All of those people eating pizza and drinking beer. Unlimited french fries, etc. in the school dorm.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Thanks, and yesterday was a very good Moderate day. I am getting better at my NEAT. My eventual goal for that is to not be on technology at home for more than an hour total all day. So now that my mom and I tend to have 6 to 8 games of "Words with Friends" going at any time that will pretty severely limit my time at home. Of course I still sit at a computer at work, so I will still get on when I need to, just not at home.

I worry about DS because he is sedentary by nature, his hobbies and pursuits tend to be sedentary (if not sitting then at least standing very still-ie rifle), and he is introverted. The good news is there won't be food in his room though, he will at least have to go out to get something to eat. Although it is likely he will just take the elevator to the cafeteria in his dorm. They purportedly have the best cafeteria food on campus. But I think as he gets more fit and comfortable in his skin, and if my daughter has any say in the matter he will be visiting the rec center.

DS and I were chatting last night about Myers-Briggs, and we are literally the exact opposite personality types. He is an ISTJ and I am an ENFP. Maybe that is why we get along so well?

The past week or so, I had decided I needed to get a serious belly laugh in at least once a day. So I started reading the Pinterest "Humor" page at night (or the awkward picture website, or the People of Walmart site). There are things on there that make me laugh till I cry.

Last night I was trying to read one to DS but was laughing too hard to finish it. He started laughing so hard he had tears streaming down his face. Then just as we were finally getting to where I was almost calm enough to finish reading it to him, DH lets out a loud snoring snort-he had slept through our entire laugh fest. We stopped for a second, looked at each other, realized what had happened, and then started back up again to the point that DS was literally on the floor. And DH still slept!

Burned some calories though.

Ok, feeling good, the 5:2 (well 3:2:2) is falling back into place. Paula has reminded me about sleep, so tonight I will get back to my old pattern. I am doing better and better with staying away from the computer while at home. I am remembering to use the bathroom upstairs at work (yesterday I did 12 flights of stairs according to fitbit), so NEAT is improving. Now I need to get back on the treadmill, not so much about cardio but so that I can get my steps up to at least 10,000 a day. Not had any wheat or sugar all week and the creeks and aches are subsiding.

Gotta take DS to camp on Saturday, and have tons of stuff to do this weekend for the church obligations I have gotten myself into. I did finally get the 5 shrubs transplanted last week, so I would like to go get some succulents to put in the planters out front and get those planted this weekend. So except for the crafting and car ride, I should be able to stay off my derriere.

so, Dh went flying yesterday afternoon. He had not gotten home by 11pm and I had not heard from him. Every time a mental picture of his smashed plane with his and co-owners bodies mangled up inside I would tell myself that I would have gotten a call, and I would walk into the kitchen and put something else in my mouth. Telling myself I would get a call was helpful eating was not. I felt like crap at the end of the night, physically and emotionally exhausted. He finally called at 11:30 to say he was on his way home from the airport. The funny thing is, my phone was recharging in the bedroom, so I didn't get there in time, and the message he left said, "well you must have gone to sleep, so much for being worried", as his co-owners wife had let them have it for not getting in touch earlier and that was really the only reason he had called.

Tummy is not happy today, one of the things I ate was part of the pizza I had made for DH's dinner. So I am going to keep food to a minimum. This should be reasonably easy since I have to take DS to camp mid-afternoon, and then run some errands on the way home, and then do some serious crafting this evening to be ready for tomorrow's church decorating gig.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I know if it were me, I would let him know how much you appreciated the call and that YES you were worried but did not reach the phone in time. This way, he will (hopefully) call again should he be running late.

So then was yesterday an UD since you had pizza. If it was a moderate day I would just move on and not be restrictful today.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

It was an UD. I am not being restrictive so much as giving my intestines a rest. TMI Alert, but I have a bit of loose stools (multiple) this morning, not sure if it is from what I ate or how much I ate, but pretty sure it is food related (although the work to keep worry down could have contributed), so a little rest is in order I think.

I did tell him that I was worried, and that unlike when we were teenagers, cell phones take away the excuse that "I couldn't get to a phone". A text, email, or phone call are all possible from that "greatest Christmas present of all time" (what he calls the phones) and any of them would have been appreciated. I also let him know that I had to work hard to keep my worry/panic level down, because every time it started to rise my brain threw in concerns over our DD (who is still in Spain) and I would begin to feel really sick to my stomach. He got it, I think.

I watched Netflix stand-up comedians all night, trying to keep my mind in a happy state.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Unfortunately, I'm a bit like your DH. Sometimes, it doesn't occur to me that other people might be worrying about me.

It also rarely seems to occur to him to worry about others. Oh he worries about a lot of shit, don't get me wrong. It is probably a good thing that we worry about different kinds of things.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Gotta admit the worry is the worst! My hubby and teen know to call or text or fear my wrath! You guys seem much nicer about it than I am as I always come up with an equally inconsiderate pay back. It rarely happens now