Page 386 of 665 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 6642

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 386

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I order them online....http://www.konjacfoods.com/. Reasonably priced, pretty quickly delivered
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Rats, not only do I have to sew something for the church stuff I am doing. But it is glittery and I have to take it into the house to sew and since flitter is the herpes of the crafting world, i may never get the glitter out of my house.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    flitter is the herpes of the crafting world, i may never get the glitter out of my house.
    Loool, so true! ) I stopped crafting maybe 5 years ago and I'm still finding some glittering pieces now and then, on the places I cleaned many times!
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
    iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Glitter Herpes...LOL

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Can you bring your machine out to the yard?

I had a job which involved dealing with glittery items in the fall, and from October to January, I would find glitter on my body, even in places that never had direct contact. Honey jokes that that was my 'stripper-phase'.

When I walked through the house yesterday with the glittery fabric, my son went "mom, nooo, don't". And yes I still sparkle this morning.

DS and I were ragging Dh because he is turning into an old man (he is technically 56, and not chronologically old at all), he has an attitude that is giving him old man characteristics. Any way, he finally said "at least I don't have glitter on my face", and DS and I look at each other and we both had it! I said "so I sparkle, nothing wrong with that" and DS says "mom, I don't want to sparkle, I am a guy". Whatcha gonna do, we will all be sparkly for a while.

So I got on the scale today. Mostly I think as a punishment and partly to snap my brain back into shape. I am up 5 pounds in, what, 3 weeks. I am not worried or upset about this, for a couple of reasons...because it is only 1 pound above my last "up day weight" and because I have been home for 4 days and while none of them were super high cal, none were the low cal either, and because this coming week is finally back to a "normal" sort of schedule.

After some yard work this morning, I will go grocery shopping to ensure I have what I need to do 2 down days easily. I don't have a problem with not eating all day, I just need to have low cal choices when I get home. So the plan....

Today, a "normal" day around 2,000 calories, easy. Tuesday through Friday when I get home from work I will do a berry/coconut milk/spinach smoothie and munch on salty celery, on the higher cal days I will add other things to the smoothie, like yogurt or cocoa powder. Then for the low cal days it will be fish and a ton of salad greens, for the higher cal days it will be beef with salad greens as well as other veggies from the farmer's market.

I need to work on my low cal and, oddly, my high cal days. I am pretty good at the middle range (1,100 to 1,500) but that is not enjoyable long term and the consistency doesn't seem to promote weight loss in me.

Mentally, I am in a pretty good place right now. I am not overly worried about DD, she has been keeping in touch sending photos, and seems to have a good mix of work and play going on. She does her explorations into the "city" with the other girls from her group (safety in numbers), and seems to have decided to stay close to the dig site on her days off, the towns and countryside around her are beautiful and she had a hard time getting around in Barcelona so she is not as drawn to the big city. DS seems to be getting into a routine that includes hanging with friends, working on his summer reading assignment, working at his summer job, prepping for college, camp/mission work/counseling, and relaxing. DH and I are going to take a weekend to meet some friends in Asheville, NC in the fall, stay at a sweet B&B, and just hang out. We have some fun planned for the summer, with friends visiting, day trips to the winery, and a few evening concerts.

My current plan for N.E.A.T. is to only allow myself 1 hour on the computer on my days off, and use the rest of my time accomplishing something. For the days that I work, I will continue to get up at 6:30 and do my 30 minutes on the treadmill (I am getting a little slack here), and use the restroom upstairs-getting up from my desk at least once an hour whether I need to go or not, stop using the phone intercom to talk to co-workers and instead walk to their offices when this is reasonable. And everyday, when I am sitting in front of the tv I need to be knitting or crocheting (I have gotten very lax with this and have 2 projects I need to finish).
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-08-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: spelling duh

well that was a long post!

I forgot to mention that starting in January I go back to 3 days at work, but salaried instead of hourly, so the pay stays the same, and I will do comp time for when I work more than 3 days. I actually do comp time now so that I can take vacation time without losing money, so it won't be much different except that I will get an extra day off. I am happy because I will likely get most Fridays off and that is when I used to go to estate sales.

@Sabine, I could take the machine outside, but the glitter was all over the clothes I was wearing, and I couldn't strip outside-our neighbors are very close, so I would still bring it inside. I think I am done with the glittery stuff for a while. I will have to glitter spray some lanterns and such but will do that in the parking lot at the church!
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-08-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Today is a down day, so less than 500 calories. This will be made easier because I have errands to run after work, and I went grocery shopping yesterday. That means that I will have less time at home near the pantry and that I have the food necessary to make good choices.

Mentally still feeling very good, and kind of excited now that I can get back on track with my eating plan.

Physically, well, feeling creaky. I have not limited the types of foods I eat in these past couple of weeks, within reason. I have allowed grains and sugar to sneak back in, but nothing boxed or packaged. I never thought that I was effected by these, but am now thinking that I probably am. So wheat and sugar are back out of the diet. I am not a big fan of pasta, potatoes, or rice so they will remain out of the diet. I am a huge fan of seasonal fruit so that stays. The dairy and AS haven't changed and won't. I plan to get all of my carbs, basically, from veggies and fruit and try to keep them under 100g a day.

Oh yes, and I am back to tracking, or at least putting it down in the notes on MFP if not actually tracking it.

Yesterday went well, I hit 550. I made a fantastic raspberry sauce for my white fish. It was some raspberry liqueur, beef broth, salt, pepper, and stevia. I boiled it down to about 1/3rd of where it started then add a tiny bit of arrowroot to thicken. I baked the fish with just a small bit of KerryGold and salt and pepper. Then I roasted Vidalias with salt and pepper till they just started to caramelize. I ate this on top of a huge green salad. For "dessert" I had some watermelon.

I am holding a bit of fluids today, which may be due to the reduction in carbs? Even with the watermelon, my carbs were a bit less than half of what I have been doing.

Oh, well, will pay more attention to drinking fluids today.

So far today, I have remembered to walk to the upstairs bathroom at least once an hour, so I am working on my NEAT.

Good news, I found out this morning that DS has been running on the treadmill in the evenings, working on his C25K I think. while I am not a proponent of chronic cardio, I am sure this doesn't describe what he is doing. And he desperately needs to move. I like that he is getting in a habit. Once at college maybe he will add some weights to his routine, the rec center is across the street from his dorm.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hooray for a good DD And, very cool about DS. I wish I had learned good habits when I was young instead of trying to undo 30 some odd years of bad behaviors. College is hard. All of those people eating pizza and drinking beer. Unlimited french fries, etc. in the school dorm.