Page 385 of 644 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 385

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    today is the day that I prove to myself that I can do a "fast" (500 calorie day) even if I am not at work. I have a 5 day weekend and I am not going to go till Tuesday eating "normally" as I really need a reset.

Yesterday, I ended up having a dinner meeting come up, after I had already eaten a snack. Neither was bad but it wasn't my 500 calorie day. Which means I didn't have a 500 calorie day yet this week. So today is the day. And then it will also be either Friday or Saturday as well.

We do not have big plans for the night, we had our celebration on the 2nd. So tonight we will watch "1776" and have burgers (mine will be without bread) with caramelized onions and blue cheese and salad. During the day if I need something, I have a huge bag of celery, and will drink my green tea and ACV waters as well.

So far I am still averaging just a hair over 1 pound a week, so I don't want to lose that momentum.

Happy Independence Day to those who celebrate it (ie, Americans)
    you dinner planned tonight sounds great! Have a great 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I don't know, there might be some Brits who celebrate, too.
    I have a couple of friends who are brits. Many years ago they came for a visit during this time and celebrated the 4th with us. An eye opener for them, amusing to us and great times for all.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yep, the Brits may be glad to be rid of us?

Slight dinner change...steak, asparagus, caramelized onions and mushrooms, then strawberries and cream for dessert. So it is low carb, if just a tad high in calories. But it is 5:30 and all I have eaten so far is a bit of salted celery, so I can make it all day on a day off! This changes everything!!!!

So I consider yesterday a success, even though I went over the 500 calorie goal, I made it to almost 7pm with virtually no food. Just my typical morning 4T half&half (2 in coffee, 2 in green tea) and some celery.

Now the fingers are puffy today, more salt yesterday than I typically eat and not quit as much fluid as I normally drink. No biggie.

So I did not do what I had planned yesterday around the house, but then I got some errands done I didn't expect to get done, so still a good day.

Here is what is happening in my crazy world...I got drafted (by a dear friend) to help in the celebration that is the 70th birthday of our church. Fun. Part of this celebration will occur in a space in which the contemporary service is held-minor complication. So I met with the worship team for this theme of that service and well one thing led to another and I am a member of the worship team, it is a 4 week commitment which culminates in the celebration.

So the theme is Finding God in Fairy Tales, and we have a caf-a-gym-a-torium that we need to make feel magical. Luckily since it is summer we don't have to take the stuff down each week, so we can build up each week. I really like working with this service because, they almost never say "that can't be done" when I come up with crazy ideas.

So yesterday I went and got some material and ribbons for draping in the front to create an almost tent-like effect. And I am going to try to create a couple of 'sort of' chandeliers...I am going to use fishing line to tie plain Christmas balls onto embroidery hoops which I will then slide over lanterns, which you won't then be able to see, but will be holding electric "candles" so that the "chandeliers" will glow from the inside. Hope they turn out as cool as they look in my head!

Next week we will add more material that will swoop from the center of the ceiling out to the edges of the space. Then the next week we will add a huge "chandelier" to the center of that, which will be made of all different sized paper lanterns and puff balls made of tissue and toille in the center of the swoop.

The colors are orange, yellow, and lime green, with splashes of purple and turquoise. The design concept is "bubbles, baubles, beads, and bows".

The first fairy tale is "Jack and the Beanstock" so we will create a "beanstock" of sorts, under which will be a reflection table. Reflection tables have a quick activity which relates to the story, makes you think, and sends you home with a mnemonic for the week. For "J&B" the take home will be an organza pouch with "magic beans".

I am excited! Man if I could get paid to do this stuff life would be perfect!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow that is neat! You are so creative.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sounds so cool. I would love to see pictures of the chandeliers in action.

Thanks. Unfortunately I am technologically challenged and have not figured out the whole picture thing. I do add these things to my pinterest page, when I remember to take the photo, if you are on there. PM me and I will give you my name on there.

Spent hours in the yard yesterday before the rain started. Not able to beat the rain today. So inside stuff for me today.

Yesterday was an up day, and a successful one. I ate 3 reasonable "meals", no snacking. I have decided that snacking is about boredom since I know I can go all day without food, so I will no longer be eating outside of meals-however many meals, 1, 2, or 3-that may be.

I also managed to pack up 4 bags for Goodwill, and clean part of the house. I will go at the rest of the house in earnest today, we have overnight guests coming in a few weeks, so that means I need to get DS to ridding our dining room of his clutter.

I need to get to work on DD's quilt, I would love to take it to her when I take her stuff to her in August. And that would get that pile of stuff out of the rec room.

Today is a down day, which may be a challenge since I am doing inside stuff that is boring!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Keep your hands busy with DD's quilt and you won't have a chance to get bored!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

well, that will keep me from eating, but it won't keep me from getting bored. I hate sewing and that is why it isn't finished yet (2 years late!)

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Chris, can you tell me again where you get the miracle noodles? Mom likes them...need to buy in bulk :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth