Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 384

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How is it going?? I am trying to catch up...lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well, I have had a couple of weeks of less than stellar eating. Last weekend was when I was sick, so when I am that kind of sick, I follow a BRAT protocol (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast). The during the week I had something come up, and kept putting off my low day, to the point where I didn't get one. Then the weekend came, and I got into the leftover snack that I had sent to camp with DS and some came back. (It is sort of a version of chex mix, but homemade and, except for the nuts and seeds, it is a carbo loader and addictive).

So today starts a bit of a turnaround for me.

But, we only work today and tomorrow, so I need to do 2 down days in a row this week. I have a 5 day weekend, so lots of yard work will be getting done.

I am working on my NEAT, starting today. This means that I am going to stay off the computer as much as possible at home and try to keep moving or at least standing most of the time I am at home. I also need to get back to the treadmill, I let myself off the hook when I got sick and have not gotten back on yet.

Rats, 2:30 and I am done with my work, but I have to stay till 4. bored bored bored

Have a meeting at 4:30 about decorating the church for its 70th anniversary. Hate this, the meeting and having to decorate for this event. It won't make a lick of difference, the space is gi-nor-mous, and we don't have the budget to throw enough stuff into it, even cheap stuff. I am thinking just putting as many fresh flowers as we have money for, then at least it will smell nice.

BFF and her hubby are coming over tonight to watch the fireworks. The college down the street from us puts on a big display as a community good will gesture. It is very nice, and walkable from our house.

well, shit, not only did I eat my lovely dinner (lamb and a huge salad), I got into that d@mn snack, but on a positive note, after 2 handfuls I threw the rest away. Then when we got back from the fireworks, I got into the cheese. Not bad there but I wasn't hungry.

Tonight will be better, I am making the boys pizza and there is only enough dough for each of them to have one-so I can't cave even if I want to, and will make myself eggs to go with my salad.

Then I am going to have to do my second fast while I am off.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I saw the cutest egg and cheese snack plate yesterday. Hard egg cut in half lengthwise, and placed on the plate flat side down. Thin slices of a small radish inserted into slits in the egg to make 'ears'. Little dabs of something (anchovy paste?) for eyes. That gave you two 'mice' looking at an enormous (to them) wedge of cheese.

cute! Fun for a party

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Very fun. I like it when my food is well-styled...I seem to enjoy it more (and eat more slowly?).
    -- Ruth

today is the day that I prove to myself that I can do a "fast" (500 calorie day) even if I am not at work. I have a 5 day weekend and I am not going to go till Tuesday eating "normally" as I really need a reset.

Yesterday, I ended up having a dinner meeting come up, after I had already eaten a snack. Neither was bad but it wasn't my 500 calorie day. Which means I didn't have a 500 calorie day yet this week. So today is the day. And then it will also be either Friday or Saturday as well.

We do not have big plans for the night, we had our celebration on the 2nd. So tonight we will watch "1776" and have burgers (mine will be without bread) with caramelized onions and blue cheese and salad. During the day if I need something, I have a huge bag of celery, and will drink my green tea and ACV waters as well.

So far I am still averaging just a hair over 1 pound a week, so I don't want to lose that momentum.

Happy Independence Day to those who celebrate it (ie, Americans)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I don't know, there might be some Brits who celebrate, too.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Happy 4th, Chris. Have a wonderful day!