Page 382 of 661 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 6601

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 382

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Love seeing this progress.. when things slow down here <this> is where I will start.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was a weird day.

First I forgot my 50oz Green Tea in the fridge when I left for work
    Then, a drosophila (fruit fly-I did DNA experiments on these in college) flew into my 50oz bottle of ACV water at work
    So I could drink tap water (highly chlorinated here), or soda. I chose soda, but of course it was way too little fluids compared to what I am used to.

So when I got home I was thirsty and hungry. But instead of pulling out the green tea (I didn't want the caffeine that late), I just ate. So I ended up overeating because I just wolfed it down. Now, good news is that it was just a broccoli salad that I had made. Bad news, well that was a lot of broccoli.

I didn't eat dinner, but did have a 100 Calories Dark Chocolate bar with a decaf latte.

Tummy very unhappy this morning.

Drinking my Green tea (leaving the lid on it-take that drosophila!) and will be sure to finish my ACV water as well.

I have errands to run after work, so will get home in time to make dinner. Thinking salmon and a cucumber/avocado salsa I made.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Going you're having a good day!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

I think I am getting a little fast and loose with the calories, back to tracking for a couple of weeks so that I can stay honest to myself.

Yesterday I made a sort of salad/salsa thing that was really good. I took 3 large chopped cucumbers, 1 chopped mango, 1 large chopped onion, 2 diced jalapenos (these were big, I cut off the ribs and ditched the seeds, so not very hot), 1 small chopped avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, 1 large chopped tomato, and a splash of lime juice, salt, and a tsp of powdered Guajillo chili (not chilli powder). This was crazy good! Lots of flavors, so fresh and crunchy and refreshing. No idea how to track it, so I just counted it as mango/avocado salsa since that was pretty much where the calories would be coming from. Love the fresh fruits and veggies of summer.

Had it along side the salmon and some roasted asparagus.

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    Oooh, that salad sounds good and I think I have all the ingredients either in the garden or the kitchen. I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale and we had mango trees everywhere back then. I crave mango anything this time of year!

Are you only going to track your down days?

I'm playing with the idea of doing this, but my schedule (what schedule?) is crazy and different every day. Trying to figure out how I would work it. I definitely won't start until after I've made it through 2 weeks of being sugar free. I always hate that first week when I'm going through sugar withdrawal!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

I am actually thinking that instead of tracking on MFP, that I may just track in its journal. It is way too boring to put in this journal, but I like having a record and seeing what I ate and how it affected me with regards to my IBD, my arthritis, and my weight loss. But I hate having to figure out how much of an ingredient in a recipe I had and trying to track it. So I am thinking I will go back to "blogging" it in my MFP account. There I can put in my weight, my food intake, and how I am doing with my NEAT goals. So I will start to put down everything I eat, but not worry so much about the details. After being on a diet for over 40 years, I couldn't get away from the mental calorie counts if I wanted to, so I will probably do a daily total estimate on there as well.

So I will work to get back to my 3:2:2, 3 days up/"normal":2 days down/500 calories or less:2 days moderate/1000 calories or less. (recently I have been 3:4 where 3 have been up/"normal" and 4 have been closer to 1,000 and this is not as successful weight wise or health wise)

I grew up in Orlando (was there before Disney!), so fresh mango and citrus and fruits and veggies in general are part of my DNA! Love summer.

Thanks, hope you have a great weekend as well!

So, DD had a great "Outdoors" Orientation adventure and said that the incoming freshman were fun and funny. She emailed me from the airport at 4:45am this morning, so I know she at least made the first leg of her flight. I assume the flight was on time (and we left plenty of time between flights so she would not have to worry about making a connection) she made the next leg as well and is on the flight to London. She will arrive in Barcelona at 6am their time tomorrow morning. And she will be on to the next leg of her summer adventure - the archeological dig!

DS returned home late last night from his church trip, exhausted, walked in the door and went straight to bed. I hear from the mother's of some of the chattier kids who went that they all had a great time and came back a tighter knit group, which is very nice since about half of them are scattering off to college!

Many errands and yard work to catch up on since I lost last weekend to the stomach virus...

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    I love the "some of the chattier kids." I have two that that say things are OK or fine no matter what you ask. Given we are nowhere near teens yet I'm not looking forward to when their social calendars are busier. I don't know where they get it from since their father is talker!

I LOVE not counting calories, but I only maintain when I do that. I have to count if I want to lose.

I think it is awesome that your daughter is having such a great experience with travel. We've been on some teach abroads and some faculty exchanges and it really is such a great experience no matter your age.
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

She called tonight via facetime (she has her Mac with her as she will have to do a paper, so she didnt take her phone) and she chatted with DS. She can get him talking because she knows the same people and has many of the same experiences, at least where their church trips/missions are concerned. So when they chatted, I listened in, learned enough to know what to ask then continue the conversation.

I will tell you that the only reason I know anything is because they did not get cars, and I had to drive them everywhere. Many moms complain about being the chauffeur, but if you get them right after something occurs you get a whole lot more info than you will later in the evening when the thrill has worn off. Plus you see who else is there and you can ask more specific questions. It was worth every minute to me.

One of the biggest regrets I have is that I allowed DH to start eating in the living room watching the news, we lost family dinners. In hind sight I would insist on eating dinner as a family, at a dinner table, at least once a week, and preferably every time everyone was home at the same time.

My kids have had some absolutely awesome opportunities, and I am proud to say they have appreciated and made the most of them! She had to do an overseas study to complete requirements for her honors degree, DS will have to do one as well.

On counting calories, for me it is not as important as keeping track of what I eat. So I am going to do that for a while and see if it is enough. If not, I will start counting calories on my down days and just tracking what I eat, but not how much, on my "normal" days. Then if worse comes to worse, I will go back to full on tracking.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree with family dinners. Because of my marriage failing I was fairly militant about being together for dinner, most of the time. At the time, my kids balked. Today they have acknowledged the benefit of routine/structure.