Page 381 of 619 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 6187

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 381

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Except for some soreness in the rib cage, I am back to normal. Slept all day yesterday, got out of bed around 4pm, played some Words with Friends with my mom, read a little, chatted with the hubs, drank some gatorade ate a bit of rice (BRAT rules supersede Primal rules when I am sick!), and went back to bed at 10:30! So I am caught up on my sleep!

So the good news is I actually hit a recent low weight wise (258.6), which is odd because usually when I get this kind of sick my body retains fluids and I gain weight-because "and I gain weight" is always the last part of the sentence for everything that happens to me, even when the symptoms say I should lose! I am kind of weird that way.

I am hoping that it was a food poisoning kind of thing, as opposed to stomach virus. That would mean that the hubs and kids would have no chance of getting it. Since both kids are away, it would not be a good thing for them to have to deal with right now. Unfortunately it has been going around at work.

ok, enough of that!

I have tons of stuff to do today, and with all that sleep under my belt, I may actually get some of it accomplished.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Glad you are feeling better. Have you checked on the kids to see if they are feeling OK? WTG on the new low although what a crappy way to get there. No pun untended.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I checked on DS and he says he is doing well, no symptoms. I am a bit more worried about DD though as she was at work with me last week, and if I got something that is where it is from. But, she is on an outdoors (ie. no contact with the outside world) adventure for a couple more days. This week is also her TOM, so I am hoping that she didn't get sick as well. Now that would be an unpleasant combo...TOM, stomach virus, outdoor privy Nothing I can do about it though, so no point in stressing too much.

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    Hi Demuralist!

I couldn't sleep last night and am on a plan to get back to primal so I read lots of your journal last night.

You are a wonderful inspiration! I love that you worked so hard and long to figure out what your body needs. I'm on a journey to get healthy and get my energy back, so I'm not trying to lose weight now even though I need to lose 80 lbs, but I have noticed how great I feel when I don't eat until dinner. I've sworn for years that eating makes me feel bad I do have celiac disease so there was a reason for a long time, but even now I feel like my brain goes into high gear when I'm fasting. I love the ability to think clearly! It makes my husband CRAZY when I skip breakfast though. Can you post the link to the diet you're following? I'd love to read up on it and couldn't remember the name I know I read sometime in the middle of the night last night!

I have to say that I teared up when you talked about your son's speech at church. My oldest is eleven and I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible with him before he leaves the nest.

I also totally relate to being married to a professor who works at all hours of the day and night. I had someone tell me the other day that they thought being a professor must be a cushy jobs since they only teach a couple of hours a week. I just stared at her in disbelief! My hubby does work at home a lot (which drives me crazy) but he is working all.the.time! Doesn't help that he stepped down from being Dean three years ago and moved to another university within the GA system because he wanted to teach again (mostly he was tired of dealing with psycho faculty members who were tenured). Now he has to go up for tenure again. AHHH! This too shall pass.

Hope you keep feeling better!
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

@PrimalLaurie, welcome! The diet is 5:2 Fast Diet. My computer is acting up today and I am on my phone, so I am not sure I can work this but am going to try to add a couple of links here...first the diet website...http://thefastdiet.co.uk/
    And this is a great forum for when you are first starting...http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/index.php

If we had to go through the tenure process again I feel like I would push for retirement. The first time we went through it we were young and childless and I was a full time student ( not one of his) working full time so we never saw our home in the day light!

I will visit your journal tomorrow, i can use the computer at work then.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    @PrimalLaurie, welcome! The diet is 5:2 Fast Diet. My computer is acting up today and I am on my phone, so I am not sure I can work this but am going to try to add a couple of links here...first the diet website...The Fast Diet the secret of 5:2 intermittent fasting: lose weight, stay healthy, live longer
    And this is a great forum for when you are first starting...All about the 5:2 Diet aka 'The Fast Diet' The 5:2 Fast Diet Forum

If we had to go through the tenure process again I feel like I would push for retirement. The first time we went through it we were young and childless and I was a full time student ( not one of his) working full time so we never saw our home in the day light!

I will visit your journal tomorrow, i can use the computer at work then.
    Thanks for the info - I will be checking it out tonight if I can stay awake after not sleeping last night!

We are just too far from retirement 20+ years at the rate our investments are growing! Hubby is 42 and I'm still in my 30s (for 10 more months anyway ). We also have young kids - 8 and 11. We're seriously considering him moving out of academia b/c of all the changes coming with online education and the lack of salary increases. I've already lived through one undergrad degree (he has two) two masters degrees, a PhD and tenure once. I can deal with tenure again - if he tells me he wants to go back to school he is a dead man. It is much harder this time around with all the kids activities!

Not much to read on my journal ... yet. I'm committing to at least one post a day.
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

It is addicting, you will soon be spending too much time in your journal.

My Dh already had his degrees when we met. He was tenure track then. When we moved he negotiated to come with tenure (and more importantly a permanent parking space!). Luckily he doesn't work much at home though, but as you already mentioned pretty much 10 to 12 hours 6 to 7 days a week.

The 5:2 for me has been liberating. Love not worrying about eating while I am at work, so I have converted it to 3:2:2. Never done anything so flexible that felt so right and worked. Love it.

P.S. if you dont get sleep you dont lose weight, so skip the research and go to bed!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

So I am finding that my 3:2:2 is less constricted than the 5:2 suggests, and is actually turning more into a 3:4 right now. We will see if I can still be successful with my version. I can always tighten it up if I stop losing right?

Since I don't eat during the day for the 4 days a week I work, I am finding that when I get home I have a pretty strong sense of what I want to eat...sometimes it is a smoothie, sometimes a bit of yogurt with blueberries cocoa nibs and chopped pecans, sometimes some sort of veggie...so I eat it. Then for dinner I do what ever I feel like as well.

I figure I eat between 500 and 1,000 calories on those 4 days.

For the 3 weekend days, I am finding that I am getting better and better at just eating like what I think a normal person would eat. I eat when I am hungry and what I am hungry for. I don't have cravings, I don't eat because I can, I don't binge. Everything is "real" and 99% made from scratch, though not all is strictly "Primal". I have an occasional treat. Not daily, not even weekly. Most of what we are eating right now is coming from a farmer's market.

I think less and less about food and my weight. I think more about the image I am projecting. I went shopping (Goodwill) with DD before she left. She said I needed to dress to fit my personality more. I should look like an artist, I always used to, and I did more art then too. Less black, more color, more unexpected, more fun. So I bought a few things, and she is right, they do feel more like me. Out of the mouths of babes!

So, so far so good.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am still loving the 4:3. This week, I am doing several down days in a row much like you work week plan. I am using it to get back on track.

I like the flexibility of doing my down days when I want, so the ADF didn't work so well. Also, while my down days are down, they are not always as down as the plans generally suggest. I am finding that being less restrictive is having a very positive effect on me long term. Plus zero guilt is very nice.