athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nice!!! That was very sweet of them.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I hope she understands how much of a compromise it was for DH. Not so much the tv, but he has skin issues and hot/humid just sends him into a horribly uncomfortable place. But we sat out for almost an hour and chatted. He stayed for it all even though the end of the conversation moved into a discussion about people from church (updates on where everyone is and where they are going-no gossip I promise) whom he doesn't know because he doesn't participate in church at all.

My family have been making jokes about me being in menopause. Technically I am not there. So it makes me wonder what it is that makes me seem like I am in menopause? I do get hot easier than DH and DD (DS is a polar bear-he never gets hot!), am I cranky, or moody, or bitchy? I don't think so, but maybe so?

Whatever it is, I have decided it isn't caused by hormones so much as it is that fact that so much of my time is not dedicated to doing things that I value. Oh, there is work and home maintenance and kid stuff that is necessary. But somehow that has pretty much become my life.

I haven't done a painting in years.

Now that both of my children will be out of the house, I plan to spend some time purging the basement. There are many things there because "we may need them for a project". There are containers of dress up and long forgotten toys that need a new home.

Then I will clean up my studio area so that it is a pleasant place, and not a crowded corner, and I will paint something.

So much of my time has been spent making sure everyone's life is running smoothly, don't want anyone to get upset. The second guessing is draining. It is time for me to let go of that as well.

I need to convince myself that whatever they do they have their own good reasons, and let it go.

I need to remember that I can't change anyone but myself, and I need to stop being irritated that I "have to" watch tv at night, and just go into another room, especially now with the kids away we have way more rooms than we need! I can eat at a dining table, even if alone it is better than in front of the tv. These and so many other small things I have control over that tend to irritate me, I can change my part in, instead of being bugged.

WOW!! Revelations and clarity!

1. You NEED time for you,, not getting enough can and will make you edgy. this is often interpreted as PMS or menopause
    2. I love the plans you are making to your personal well being
    3. I love your attitude of letting go. This is a tough thing for a parent to do.
    4. Its nice to see another that is comfortable with themselves. So many people don't know how to be alone.
    Karin

Ahh, The kid is gone, and the stress reduction is enormous. I mean there is still concern, but it is not the kind stress that keeps me up at night or makes me want to throw up! I know most people would be the opposite, but I dunno it is just how I am.

So I saw myself in the mirror yesterday and thought..."Wow, looking good" then we took a photo as I was dropping DD off and I thought "ah, the mirror thing was either an illusion or denial, cause I look like shit here". And I would have chalked it up to a crappy photo, except I also had a passport photo taken this week that is probably the worst pic of me ever taken. 2 of those kinds of photos in 1 week can really shake your confidence! So I took one with my phone this morning to prove to myself that I actually was looking good and it wasn't denial. It turned out pretty well, even with no make-up and with my hair rolled up in a messy bun on top of my head. So I am feeling better.

So glad I am letting myself off the hook food wise while I am stressed. Today is a better day stress wise, so I will likely try to hold the calories down. Dinner looks like salmon with a homemade mango/orange/avocado/tomato/onion salsa. Yum, too bad my sous chef is gone, she is a good little veggie/fruit dicer

So very sick. TMI alert... Working both ends all night, sitting on the throne with a bucket in my lap. I look bad enough that DH ran out and got me 2 bottles of Gatorade. Not been this sick in years, like 15 years. Thank God. I am starting to feel better.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Oh no! Get better soon!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

oh no!! That is terrible! Hopefully it goes away soon. Very sweet of the hubs to make a run to the store for you.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Hope you are feeling better!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hope you are getting better. Nothing worse than that type of illness.