Page 379 of 625 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 6249

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 379

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Certainly a few days of lower calories and being back to no grains will help. Doubt I will feel great till the end of June, then I will know that DD is in a routine, and DS will be back home and we will be on a reasonable schedule. Of course then we will be getting everything together for his to go off to school!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    LOL.. it never stops. However once both kids are off to school things will be really different I am sure.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

For me, most of my worry type of stress comes from anticipation. Once I am actually handling something or the trip is under way I tend to stop worrying. So really by the time DS leaves for his trip, DD will be leaving for Spain, so most of my worrying will be over by mid week next week.

...until they come back and get ready for school!!
    Karin

well, yes there is that! Actually, once I drop DD off on Thursday evening, she won't be back before Thanksgiving, although I will still have to pack her stuff into the car and drive it over there the second week of August.

she will be in spain that long??
    Karin

She will be in Europe for 5 weeks and comes back straight to school.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I just read a quote this morning that essentially asked about what makes you happy. Interesting question really. So I bought (had a gift card) and downloaded a book called "The Happiness Project". Essentially about a woman who spent a year following the advice of scientists and others trying to create happiness in her life. I like the idea, so I am going to try it, as I read the book for her suggestions and the things that her suggestions conjure up in my head.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    good book. I didn't have time to enjoy the whole thing ( library). want to read it again.

her other book, happiness at home, is also on my list.
    -- Ruth

I have been scanning her website during slow moments at work, interesting.

So, food...well I know that I am not coming in under 500 calories. I am not going crazy though. What I have instituted for this stressful week is a 20:4...I don't eat until I get home from work which is 4:30, and I stop by 8:30 (this is just when I finish-it is not an artificial stopping). I have my 4T total of half and half (2 in my coffee and 2 in my green tea) in the morning. Then in the afternoon I have my ACV water. In a week of stress it is easier not to worry about it and it keeps me from prowling to console myself, I guess because I allow myself to eat it the appeal is gone. And there is no additional stress from the whole eating situation. I will jump back to my version of 5:2 when my life settles a bit.

My pants are still loose, so I am not gaining.

Last night we had a lovely dinner. DD and I went to pick up a few final items she needed and we were across the street from an old favorite food joint. It is an old school walk up ice cream place that also happens to have fantastic burgers. So we got burgers and fries (I had sweet potato ones) and ice cream for dinner. They all had "cookies and cream swirlies" and I had a small Chocolate/Chai Tea/coffee Milkshake. We brought it all home and DH and DS had set up a little table and a couple of chairs on the porch because DD's last request on her way out was to eat without the tv "and it would be really nice if we could eat outside". This was very sweet of the boys, because DH HATES eating outside-EVER. But, we ate outside no tv (YEAH!) and had a lovely evening.

Then DD went into stress mode packing to leave! She waited till the last second, so she will likely have to skip out of work early today to finish up.