Page 378 of 610 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 6092

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 378

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ha. My summer hasn't even started yet. We're a little behind in NY

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris.. the humidity is hitting heavy here. I am finding if I do not have my walking done by 8am 8:30a tops, its miserable.

ahhhh empty nest.. umm yeah, it will be a while for me. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Well, given that "summer" would officially follow the planting seasons it makes sense that P's would be later.

Ruth, I love that you are building a nest! And as you are starting in the middle so to speak, it won't be long before you are empty nesters again as well. Sorry, I hate when people tell me anything that reminds me that it goes so fast, a parent knows that better than anyone.

Well, Karin, for some reason humidity will talk me out of a walk but not out of gardening? Go figure. I just don't much care for things in which their sole purpose is exercise.

I am on break right now. I have done some significant pruning and a bit of weeding. I have 2 roses to plant and much more weeding and pruning to do. after breakfast...

I do not have much gardening.. however, mom and I walked slow.. we were both sore so it did not seem like walking for exercise.. AND its a nice town to walk in. There are a lot of old homes.
    Karin

strolling and chatting and sight seeing don't count as exercise to me. Unfortunately, my mom is an 11 hour drive away

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I love walking, especially with someone, when the point is just enjoying ourselves. Gardening...not so much...
    -- Ruth

I figure intentional movement is exercise. What a great definition.
    Karin

Ah I am working on my NEAT, so all movement is exercise!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I am feeling kind of icky. Not bad, but not really good. Couple of possible reasons...

1. Food on Sunday and Monday=not good. Grains don't generally bother me, but I have really not been having any to speak of but in the past couple of days I have had a lot. It is backing things up a bit.

2. DD leaves on Thursday. I always get a little stressed as trips get near, whether they are for me or the kids, but this one is the mother of all trips. She leaves to do her Orientation (a backwoods type of team building event-she is a leader) then she is off to Spain. She has been to Guatemala, twice. But that was with a church group, and there were chaperones and body guards. She will arrive in Barcelona, alone, not speaking the language. Now, she is supposed to be meeting up with a friend who has been interning in Barcelona all summer so that eases the stress a little. But this kid is fearless, which is good and bad. Good because fear rarely stops her from doing something and bad because she can be a bit reckless. She will only be in Barcelona for part of the day then she will be off to her dig site. She will have to be there Mondays thru Saturdays for 5 weeks, but will be able to explore (probably with the other 5 American girls she is on the dig site with)on Sundays. Then she is traveling by train for a little over a week in Germany and Denmark, meeting up with friends here and there, staying in hostels, etc.

3. At the same time DS is doing mission work all week and getting him where he is supposed to be has to be out of my hands because I am working all week, so he is finding his own rides etc. This makes me feel a bit, uneasy, as I still sort of feel like it is my responsibility-even though it isn't- he is basically an adult now. Then he leaves for a week away with his church group, on Saturday morning.

4. Spent yesterday doing errands with DH, this is stressful for me, I would rather just go and do them myself. And he had to drive as the kids to the car to work. This means that I had to give him directions, usually when directions are needed to be given, I drive and he navigates. And I was using the maps on my phone- something I have never used before. And 99% of the time he would choose a different way than I would when both ways are equal. So it is never fun or easy! And one of the things we had to do required dealing with the cable company, and purchasing technology. The other thing we had to do was to go to the bank to try to work out a problem.

Guessing this is all negatively effecting my sleep as well as my intestines.

oh it sounds rather stress induced..perhaps after today you will feel better.
    Karin