Page 377 of 548 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 5480

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 377

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So orientation was hellish. Lots of repetition and more than a little contradiction. (ie. a lecture about not being helicopter parents followed by a list of things that they want you to make sure you remind your students about and how to keep up with their grades)

Also today while I got just over 10,100 steps I also got the equivalent of 24 flights of steps. That is one hilly campus.

We are all very excited though.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ohhh.. so by helicopter they mean they do not want you to do fly bys at the school, just do them on your kid..LOL I have talked to a lot of people who teach college and have made comments about how tempting it would be to teach there because then you dont have to deal with parents.. they laugh and say, you would be amazed at how often parents contact them and think its an extension of high school. I was amazed at the brass of some parents.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Apparently that is exactly what they meant. I am not organized enough to keep up with their stuff and my stuff, way too much work for me to be a helicopter of any kind!

So today will be a down day, not sure what I will do tomorrow as I don't like to do 2 dd's in a row. I will just play it by ear, no food till I get home, and probably fresh veggies for dinner both nights.

I ate fairly reasonably these past few days, so I am not overly worried, and I love being able to jump right back in without feeling like I have blown it or having any guilt about what I ate.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am grateful that my son is attending community college. When i took him for intake testing, they seemed to wonder why I was there. Lol

It is interesting about the whole concept of helicopter...when DS was in middle school I walked with him to school and then again after school. For me it was how I got my exercise and we got to spend some serious quality time together. If I didn't go and walk home with him, by the time he got home he was hot and tired and not interested in talking, but he talked a lot on the way home. DH thought I was babying the boy and was surprised DS would even allow it. DH is also surprised that I still wake the kids up for work (or what ever they need to do) when they are sleeping at home. It is just sort of a tradition and it is a gentle wake up when mom comes in as opposed to an alarm. Again he thinks it is an immaturity thing. Also, DS still doesn't drive so there are things I show up for that I might not if he was able to drive himself.

So there are definitely things that are up for interpretation in regards to being a helicopter, but as long as you are both comfortable and it is within reason, I don't see the harm.

Yesterday was going well as my dd, till DD decided to make PB balls dipped in chocolate. I had 2. Not bad, but since I had already gotten to my dd limit, it obviously took me over. No biggie, still a pretty low day. Today will be a repeat, except hopefully without the PB balls!

Love summer veggies, we have been making the most amazing salads. Not the green leafy kind, but mixing tomatoes, and cukes, and onions, and well whatever is at the market, toss in a little Olive oil and some vinegar, some spices and voila add a little protein on the side and you have a fantastic colorful summer meal.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I agree on the salad stuff and summer veggies. I am still waiting for my garden veggies to arrive but wow.. enjoying salads again. I need to start doing the evoo and vinegar again instead of the heavier dressings.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I tend to make all of my dressings, and heavy just is too much work in the summer since I make the mayo as well. Love doing the flavored vinegars in the summer. May have to start making my own vinegar infusions.

this is a note to myself...5:2 Bikini Diet by Jacqueline Whitehart...download it from the library, good recipes for dd's.

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_IUHHdm7-Q
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-14-2013 at 01:44 PM.

PrimalCon New York
    It appears as though the stars are properly aligned this weekend and that I am home on a day off when it is not going to rain. Now it is likely to be hotter than Hades, but I am a Floridian at heart and I can handle that! Today I am plunging into the yard. We have had soo much rain it looks like a jungle out there. Unfortunately it is the weeds that are growing like wild fire.

My dd's this week were not totally successful. I ended both days with a bit of a sweet made by DD. She leaves for the summer next Thursday so her little goodies will not be reappearing in the house until Thanksgiving or more likely Christmas. Not sure she will come home for Thanksgiving and it is such a short break that she doesn't really have the time to kick in with the baking (Thank goodness).

DS has mission events this week, and then a church trip to Jekyll Island the week after. So DH and I will have the first taste this summer of being empty nesters. DS also will be counseling church camp for a week and a half in mid July, so the second taste of it this summer. Then he will go to his Orientation at school on August 13th and the empty nesting will be official.