Page 376 of 666 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 6652

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 376

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am not really sure why, but so far impatience with one pound is not sending me to the pantry.

There is something about being able to eat what ever I want for 3 days a week, that is giving me the patience to go slow.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    So, Jon...You wanna come meet us in St Louis and be our "Boy Toy" or at least throw some testosterone into the mix?
    I'd love too, though there is no chance of me getting time off on this short a notice. I had to put in for the time when my FIL is visiting 6 months in advance.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the weight reduction. 15 pounds is amazing! And after staying steady for so long, very gratifying, I'm sure.

Honey and I were talking about this aspect of it this morning- that this is not a plan, where you are anxiously waiting to get to goal, because then you can 'ease up'. I need to get down almost 50 pounds, but the thought of it taking a year is not horrifying, because I get to 'ease up' if I want to, every other day.

Excellent observation, Sabine. I had not thought of it that way, but you are right. I don't need an ease up, because I already do.

I have to admit that about once a week I think, geez I need to reign this in, I have no idea what I ate today. And then I still end up losing weight. My goal is to be able to not know what I ate every day, knowing that I will still be doing down days. In other words, I expect that my down days will get a certain pattern in which I just sort of mentally pick one of them to repeat, and hope that my up days will just be about eating for health and satisfaction with an occasional treat thrown in.

I have about 100 pounds to lose, well 90 now, and if it takes 2 years as long as I continue to trend downward, I am perfectly fine with that. Given I have spent the past 2 years experimenting with all of these different programs and had actually gained, well I am in a very happy place right now.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I just want something that fits in with my life. Traveling and (hopefully) kids. To me, eating primal is normal...but in and of itself, not enough. What I want is to occassionally have a treat. Typically, if I'm not nearly perfect, it can set me back 2-4 weeks.

I love to "listen" to how happy you all sound. It's so joyful. Isn't this how life, and eating, should be?

that is exactly it. This is how life, as it relates to eating should be. You eat what your body tells you it needs both in terms of quantity and quality. I have not done anything since I started dieting in 8th grade that feels as "normal" as this and still allows me to lose weight. Obviously when I was pregnant I ate "normally" but I gained 75 pounds with the first, lost 50 of it, then gained that 50 with the second and only lost about 30 of that. Then when I spent years seriously working out, I allowed myself to eat normally because I was working so hard it had to be ok. And ended up gaining 50 pounds doing that.

So doing something that makes me feel like a "normal" person, and not killing myself with workouts, and still losing is really something to celebrate! Knowing that it is also something I can very easily continue for the rest of my life, and actually is likely to incur health benefits besides the weight loss, well that is really worthy of celebration.

Today is a travel day. We are off to DS's Orientation for college. Will be back Wednesday night late.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    In order for me to go to St. Louis, I need to find someone to keep Lily. As of this weekend.. my mom not only has said no, but OH HELL NO. *le sigh*
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, St Louis is postponed until next summer. Ruth cannot get away from parenting classes.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So orientation was hellish. Lots of repetition and more than a little contradiction. (ie. a lecture about not being helicopter parents followed by a list of things that they want you to make sure you remind your students about and how to keep up with their grades)

Also today while I got just over 10,100 steps I also got the equivalent of 24 flights of steps. That is one hilly campus.

We are all very excited though.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.