Page 374 of 623 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 6228

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 374

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I got to thinking.. maybe playing with the dates is the key. Their are peak days of the week for an airline just like for hotels I am sure. We can be pretty flexible.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately the low peak days are Tuesday and Thursday and apparently Saturday. The airport she leaves from and returns to makes more of a difference money wise.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I will see today if I can get the time off.

Too bad we can't do Vegas or something (I'm not into gambling...but shopping, shows, etc.). I can get us a great timeshare there

I don't have airline miles, and feel sure DH would not be thrilled with me flying to a meet up (plus I am not a great flyer, and this trip would be short enough that I would not have enough recovery time and still have time to have fun), and it is a 26 hour drive from Nashville. So Vegas would not work for me.

Wondering if this summer is the best time to do this?
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-07-2013 at 08:43 AM.

I am still hopefull...
    Karin

Well, yesterday went from a dd to a moderate day. DD made some PB/cream cheese balls dipped in dark chocolate. I had a few (3 to be exact). So I didn't bother to enter the recipe to figure out the calories per ball, but it took me over the 500 for sure. No big deal, she will be with friends tonight so no baking at home and I can do the dd today. I will stop at the farmer's market on the way home for some fresh veggies. And DH can either eat the left over pasta from yesterday or a twice baked potato with his veggies. (p.s. weighed 262 this a.m. matches my low for 5:2, so looking good for tomorrow's weigh in)

Yesterday was the funeral for the woman who passed last week. I didn't go, DH did. He didn't say anything to me, he just handed me the Order of Service and rubbed my back as he went to change out of his suit. Very very sad.
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-07-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Drumroll please...............260.0 that is exactly 15 pounds since the first of March. To say that I am following this plan less than perfectly would be an understatement. But it doesn't seem to matter. I am not sure if the reason I keep losing is a combination of the fact that I generally only have fat (cream or half and half) until at least 3 in the afternoon and then eat my calories (thus doing a sort of "window" eating) as well as the 3:2:2 sort of High/Low/Moderate Calorie combo I am working on. But it is working. Truth is this week I never really hit "low" because DD has been on a dessert making bender. And while I have not binged or gone crazy eating any of it, I have definitely been eating it.

So there you go, just over 3 months in and I have easily lost 15 pounds. No real exercise has been involved, so far. I have been hit and miss with my treadmill. But it is time to start thinking about that as well. So It is now my goal to increase my NEAT. (non-exercise activity thermogenisis). To that end, yesterday I went upstairs every time I had to use the restroom, and then walked across the building to use the stairs farthest away from my desk at work. I drink 100oz of fluid at work, so I took that trip more than a few times! I also tried to get up and move at least once an hour. I would eventually like to get to a point where I don't sit down, while I am at home, until I eat dinner. So I am either going to have to lift the keyboard up or stay off the computer while at home. I will cross that bridge when I come to it, for now, I will just be using the furthest bathroom from where ever I am, and making sure I am walking around at least 10 minutes out of every 60.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    DH, so sweet and sad.

Congratulations on the loss. I am loving 5:2 as well. I am getting the benefits of NK on fast days and eating carbs on regular days win-win.

oh my gosh!! I am so thrilled for you!! WOW on the loss!! Getting my butt in gear!
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    SPEED meet up Ok girls, as soon as we make a decision, I can troll daily for deals. I am hoping to find a $250 ish one like Chris saw.

I had a funny convo with my MIL about the trip. I told her that DH would not allow me to drive 12 hrs by myself. I said that I understood because I am on meds and haven't driven long distance. She said, "I bet he was also worried about you being a woman alone on a trip. I don't know how you see yourself, but you are an extremely beautiful woman. People might try to take advantage of that."

So I went back to hubs and told him what she said. He agreed that the main reason he didn't want me to drive was my new "Primal hotness" Lol

Anyway, I'm game for St. Louis (DH thought that was an awesome choice.) July 14-18th.