athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    that would be saawweeeet!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That would be very nice, Ruth.

I will do my best to get there. If I go to an NYC airport, I can get a rate of around $250, with about $100 in travel fom my house. If I travel from the closest airport, It will cost $500. Not sure saving the $150 is worth the hassle. Any recommendations on best travel sites etc?

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Kayak.com gave me a rate from Newburgh to St. Louis of $250 for the July dates we were looking at. Paula, check them and see if it is cheaper to fly for the set of dates around the 15th or the ones around the 20th. And we can pin it down from there.

If we can get a kitchen I can bring some groceries since I will be driving.

same here Chris
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Chris, when I input the dates I always get prices of $5-600. I'm not sure what you are looking at.

rats, yesterday it gave me the $250, today yep it is up. sorry

Ah, if you make the airport flexible the rates come down too, but then outgoing airport is White Plains, and the one you get back to is Newark
    Last edited by demuralist; 06-06-2013 at 09:30 AM.

OMG! it is open house at the asylum! I am getting the craziest requests today, not the least of which is from a woman who tried to stiff DS after the research she was paying him to do turned up nothing. She wants someone else to do the research now. Then *TMI Alert* after taking a day off my TOM started back up mid day today. Luckily I had something in my purse, but come on! when can I be done with this thing?

WOW!! Crazy train stopping in your depot! LOL Did she pay him? I mean really, time is worth something even when there are no results. Hopefully TOM is going on its way out for good.
    Karin

In the end she did pay him. Basically because of her, our policy about how outside researchers get paid has been changed. And yes the agreement was for him to do the search, she gave some excuse that it was Christmas and she didn't know it was going to be that much, blah blah. He had actually written to her after he had done 2 hours to let her know how slow going it actually was and how long/how much money it was going to take to complete it. He was essentially trying to talk/scare her out of it, as it was horribly boring for him. But she told him to press on. He wrote her back a pretty controlled response that essentially told her it was Christmas for him too, and reminded her of their agreement and his warnings to her about the costs, sending her copies of the transactions. Then she responded with an "oh no" I put that check in the mail, maybe you put your address down wrong, BS.

In this request, she said if we can fulfill her request she won't ask for a refund on her membership (membership in our society is required in order to do research here-it is $36.50 a year and gives you an hour of free archivists time among other things)

Bored at work, just read this and thought it was interesting, and sort of what I knew all along....Weighty Matters: Are You Doomed to Regain? Thoughts on Tara Parker Pope's Fat Trap.