Page 368 of 644 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 368

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Alright, where is Karin? If she is available in July then let's do this!!!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Hpe Karin is ok, weather in her neck of the woods has been a bit violent.

OK, so today is the official weigh in for the 5:2 forum, so I go along...this morning I was 262.0.

That is after a 5 day food fest over memorial day weekend, and the last 3 days in which I could not seem to manage to get under the 500 calories on any of the 2 days. All that to say, I am pleased, to say the least.

It is the lowest I have been in a while, it is 3.8 pounds lower than the first of last month, and it is 12 pounds since I started 5:2 eight and a half weeks ago! My waist is 3" smaller than when I started.

I haven't done the full set of measurements since I started, I will do them for the next weigh in.

One of my first goals is to get my waist less than half of my height (this is some kind of measure that means a lower heart disease risk), and I am now 5.5" away from that goal!

So I will say it again, I am LOVING this WOE/WOL. I am losing while feeling the most "normal" I have felt since I was pregnant. Very Happy.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    That is so totally AWESOME, Chris. Yay.

I like feeling like I can be normal as well. And the flexibility is great...if my "planned" DD doesn't work out, well, I can make it up another day. I also like that you are neither forcing the protein (like SPEED) or the veggies (like SANE -- hiding them everywhere!).

It is especially nice not to have to let my family know I am "dieting", as that generally worries them more than my weight.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    My family worries when I go extreme -- no veggies (when my stomach hurt), HFLC, etc. When I eat "normal" primal, no bothers...especially if I can enjoy a treat (homemade coconut milk ice cream, etc.) on the weekend (we could care less about beans and such, generally speaking). My mom still pushes gluten at me, which is weird, considering I'm gluten intolerant. I think she believes that I'm really not and it's one of my health "fads" (I wish).

Yay! I am 70 inches tall and my waist is 32.5!

Yeah I could live without beans and be perfectly fine.

You see Paula, that fits with my contention that I am not over fat I am under tall.

Yeah, I think that measurement is only fair to the tall peeps.

Pre pregnancy my waist was tiny, mid 20's. In that case I was way low obviously and could have been much shorter. That was 20 years ago though. Not sure where the idea came from either.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I figured out why DH's morbid focus increased this week. Apparently he sent me an email, I didn't receive.

A colleague of his has a vacation home in the mountains. He and his wife were on a mountain hike and she slipped and fell. It killed her. She is (shit, was) my age the colleague is DH's age. They have one in college (rising sophomore) and one in high school (rising senior). It is freaking DH out a bit. It is not doing much for my mood either. We have done things with them over the years, but then the kids were in different schools and different sports and had not had much contact till lately. I have chatted with her at 3 recent parties since Christmas. Every time I left leaving thinking how it was too bad that our kids schedules didn't throw us together more but that now we were getting to a point where that would be less important. And of course now, the chance has passed. So very sad how cavalier I have gotten about life really.