Page 366 of 665 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 6648

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 366

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    good job with the vacation and this WOE. If I am not mistaken this is a much improved result compared to previous vacations.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    In the past I would often lose weight on vacation, but not in the past couple of years. And the whole "what can I eat" has created a lot of stress in the last 3 or 4 I have taken. So yes, I would consider it a huge improvement. Thanks

Well, rats, TTOM started yesterday. Thought I was done with them, had put them out of my mind, then bam here it is again.

Last night my DD made biscuits to go with their dinner. There was one left when I was putting the dinner dishes away. I think you can see where I am going with this. I did add some KerryGold, and at least they were homemade. So my under 500 calories day went up to almost 700. I can live with it. Another low day today. Tomorrow is my "official" weigh in for the 5:2 forum. They actually calculate the average weight loss for the people who are on the forum and even break it down by gender and age, etc. Fun to see.

DD has been giving me attitude since we got back from Florida. Yesterday she said something to me about not being happy, and I said I was happy but didn't love getting attitude thrown at me. She said if I was happy I should say happy things (?), to which DS responded, saying (essentially) well little Miss Sunshine you should take your own advice. It caught her off guard because it is always me or my fault with her, and having someone who usually sides with her turn it around gave her a little shock. She instantly cleaned up her act. Awesome. Now if DH would stop his "we will be dead by then" mantra, life would be great!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    OMG, the "negative spouse", lol. I've got one too.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    wow.. its nice how your son could see the whole situation and give her another perspective. Whether its old habits or a tunnel version of perspective its great your daughter might see it another way. We all know parenting is not for the faint hearted! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Now if DD could just get DS to answer my questions without attitude we would be doing well! Yeah, they say growing old is not for wussies, try parenting sometimes right? Luckily parenting comes with a lot more rewards!

For some reason Dh has started this whole "I'll be dead by then" to end many conversations. Last night it was about a Mars orbit (or something like that) that will be happening in the 2030's. I said "shit that is less than 20 years" and he said "have you read the obituaries, no many people make it to their 80's" I was like yeah well a 101 y.o. just ran the London Marathon last year! I think he is freaking out because he is getting close to the age his dad was when he had his first heart attack. Driving me nuts! That phrase comes out of his mouth at least twice a week! Eventually he will be right, but if I have to listen to him predict it for the next twenty years I will make him right a whole lot sooner than that!

canio6 Guest
    Make a deal with him. Every time he says, "I'll be dead by then," he has to add $10,000 to his life insurance policy. If he complains say, "Well, as you are dying so soon we need the financial support, and anyway, it's not like we will be paying higher premiums for long. You'll be dead by then."

love it!

He is actually, physically, one of the healthiest people I know. He exercises regularly, does a lot of non-exercise movement, is the correct weight for his height (and has been for decades-since junior high school) and eats a reasonable, varied diet. Much different than his dad at the same age. I think of him as a pessimist, he considers himself a realist. potaito/potahto

canio6 Guest
    Well, hopefully he will be around a good while yet. It sounds like he is doing things right (beyond the complaining).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yes, I think it is likely. I also read about a recent study somewhere that found pessimists generally live longer. Which explains all the grumpy old people in nursing homes, well that and the fact that they are in nursing homes.