Page 362 of 665 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 6648

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 362

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    So, when I lose 8 more pounds I will be back where I was in May 2012, my Fitbit tells me so. Unfortunately I won't make that by the end of May, but I should do it by the end of June. Then I will be onto "new weight" as many here like to see it.

I am totally loving the 5:2. March 1 was when I started the experiment with ADF, then switched to 4:3, then to 5:2 and finally hit my stride mid April with the 5:2. Between March 1 and April 4th I lost 2.2 pounds. Between April 4th and May 17th I lost 10 pounds. That is almost 2 pounds a week average. Now I don't expect to keep that pace up, but oddly it has been pretty consistent. In other words I didn't lose a bunch in the first week and then taper off to 2 tenths last week. In fact, the week before last I only lost .2, but this past week I lost 2.8 with no conscious change in eating. So to those who are watching the scale, don't let the up swings discourage you.
    This is great stuff. You are doing fantastically. I'm looking forward to your 'new' weight.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    thanks, me too!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I love hearing that you're making progress...and it doesn't feel like your teeth are being pulled trying to do this

I need to come spend a couple of weeks once the kiddos go back to school...it will take that long for you to show me how to do a basic crochet or knitting stitch...I'm "challenged" in that arena

I started knitting by doing felting projects. You knit a piece in wool, then wash it in hot water till you can no longer see the stitches. That way if you have made mistakes (and I am sure I did) they cannot be detected, and it is a great way to practice reading a pattern. I made a few hats and purses and by then I could move on. But I love company too!

I am very happy with the 5:2, but if you are going to weigh every day you have to harden yourself to the fluctuations! I am up 3.4 pounds this morning from last weeks low. Now that does not worry me in the least, but if the number on the scale effects (or affects? I can never remember which is correct) your mood, it could be a problem.

I am wearing my favorite skirt today. It is a maxi, super comfy, it has an elastic waist so it fits in a wide range of weights. Currently I noticed that today it feels longer. It is actually brushing against the tops of my feet as I walk, this is not typical for this skirt. I wear this skirt often and have had it for a very long time (talking years here), so when it feels different it is noticeable. I like it, except that it probably means its days in my wardrobe rotation are numbered.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I was down three this morning after a fast day. I may not weigh at all tomorrow. I tracked my food for today to make sure I am eating enough. Nope. I will end up too low. I will have to add a BPC to the end of the day.

I usually add cream to my coffee and tea, or not, depending on what day it is and how my calories are looking. If I end up eating a dessert (this weekend was graduation after all) then I don't need the cream. My weight for the week is usually lowest on Saturday morning, I have not been weighing after my "normal" days. Yesterday was actually a fast day for me and my weight was still up, which is what my pattern has been, ie. for it to still be up after the first fast day. The fat seems to want to hang on after fast days and the scale has been showing lower numbers after my moderate days. I usually have my moderate days on Wednesday and Friday, fasts on Tuesday and Thursday, "normal" on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

p.s. the only reasons I do moderate days are that it is easier for me to keep a pattern of not eating breakfast and not eating at work. (I never eat breakfast) So on my work days the difference in calories is what I eat for dinner and what I put in my tea. The other reason is that it gives me more flexibility to choose my fast day at the last minute if something comes up, and allows me more leeway on my "normal" days.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    My fast days will be Tu and TH as well. I prefer mine to be work days too. I am really feeling mentally fuzzy compared to yesterday. Probably related to my period more than anything else.

I have days like that as well, usually the first day after the first fast of the week. That would be today. For me I suspect it is about getting rid of the crap I ate over my "normal" days. I have had a few celebratory "normal" days this month. Not bingey but also not primal.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    On the lowcarbfriends forum I have noticed quite a few people who complain for being cranky on their Down Days, but I haven't noticed this with myself. And I do think I am pretty much fat-adapted. That may be the difference. Some of the ladies there are not even low-carb, not to mention primal, which I find funny considering the name of the forum.

I do sometimes get surges on energy on the Down Days, though, and I like that.

Pebbles, DO be sure to eat enough on your normal days. Important for physical reasons, and I think also psychological ones, to avoid a binge mentality brought on by restriction.