Page 356 of 547 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 5465

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 356

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    thanks Ruth. I am just waiting on the friends to get here and then we are off.

Fantastic day yesterday! The weather was perfect. The vineyards were beautiful. The band was wonderful and played at a volume that allowed easy conversation.

the only down parts were that my kids weren't with me. DS has either caught a cold or his allergies have taken over, either way it was best he sleep it off so he stayed home. It was DD's birthday and the first of hers we didn't spend at least a part of together, she is still away at school-I will pick her up on Friday. But we went with BFF her hubs and their kids, so a pretty decent stand in.

We did a tasting, and their Blackberry Liqueur tasted just like the wine my grandfather used to make, so I bought a bottle for my mom. Their Raspberry Liqueur is amazing and I will be able to have a small bit of it as "dessert" on my weekend up days, so I bought a bottle for myself. DH ended up joining their Wine Club, which was free to join and gives a 10% discount on bottles bought and basically wants you to buy 2 bottles every quarter (he will have no problem with that!). They also have a lovely pink rose made from grapes they grew on site.

Anyway, beautiful place, wonderful day! Back to reality today, errands to run and chores to do.

I forgot to mention that while I just got 6,672 steps yesterday, I "climbed" 25 flights of stairs. Between setting up for the Youth Bake Sale fund raiser in the morning, and walking up and down and back up the hills at the vineyard, most of the walking I did yesterday was, obviously not on a level plain!

atypical occurrence...made a plate for lunch, but got full and had to put almost half of it back in the fridge.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday on the way home from his bike ride, my Honey stopped at one of his favorite restaurants for one of his favorite meals: green hatch chili burritos. He couldn't finish it, which has NEVER happened before. He told me he thinks ADF is affecting his capacity.

Good for him! My DH would never stop before his plate was clean. He is on the thin side though, so not a problem at the moment.

I definitely think it is making me less afraid to be hungry, which means I also don't need to be stuffed. I am becoming much more aware of body cues.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I need to be more aware of body cues. Its amazing how fast you can become desensitized to them.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, now I just have to learn to actually act on them correctly!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My body wants Pop Tarts. What should I do?

PrimalCon New York
    so here is new and interesting info for those of us who like math and stats...Calorie Line: Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), Resting Energy Expenditure, & Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)

This calculator tells me that if I laid in bed and wanted to maintain my weight, I would have to eat about 1800 calories a day. If I ate about 1400 a day I would slowly drift down to 170 (which is about my goal). So I multiplied 1400 by 7 days a week and got 9,800 for the week. So I take off my 2 "fasting" days of @500 and that give me 8,800. If I divide that by the 5 days I am not fasting that gives me 1,760 calories a day for my low end. Now to do it for my high end I do the same math with the 1800 calories...and I get 2,320 calories for the 5 days left after fasting.

That is laying in bed mind you. Now given that I spend 4 days at lower calories, 2 fasting @500 calories and 2 sorta fasting @about 800 calories, that means I almost have to work to eat all the calories on the 3 days left.

How can this not work? Well, I think it does, and for me, so much easier than the daily grind.