Page 354 of 644 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 354

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That is fantastic! I love what you are doing. It seems like a way to moderate the UD/dd in a way that gives normal-ality. Making me think....
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yay! It is important for us to be comfortable that little deviations from our program, do not mean the END or the failure of the program.

I am interested to see if, after doing this for a while, the difference between my Up Day and Down Day weights will gradually narrow. Ooh, another thing to chart!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I cannot explain how or why but this really does feel different than any other WOE or "lifestyle change" I have tried. First off, for about 5 days a week it isn't a change. So instead of trying to change everything and do without every day, I only have to sustain that for 2 days a week. And they can be any 2. And it doesn't actually "have" to be under 500. The flexibility with this is amazing. And no guilt. Just a little fear, that I will wake up tomorrow and it will not be what I am thinking it is and it will stop feeling good and stop working.

To me one of the best things about this is that I did not have to let anyone in on the plan. When I give up things, people notice. This way, I still eat dinner with the family and some nights are lighter than others. I can go out to eat lunch with DD, I don't have to add fat to anything unless I want to for taste, I don't have to have some weird snack so I can hit the macros spot on. I can eat when I am hungry (and I am not afraid to be hungry- so I don't have to eat just because I have a hunger twinge), I can eat what I truly want (which I am getting a much better handle on), and I actually stop when I am full (not to get to where I stop when I am no longer hungry!).

I am amazed at how this is changing the way I feel about food, hunger, and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

I am amazed at how this is changing the way I feel about food, hunger, and myself.
    This. So much.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I cannot explain how or why but this really does feel different than any other WOE or "lifestyle change" I have tried. First off, for about 5 days a week it isn't a change. So instead of trying to change everything and do without every day, I only have to sustain that for 2 days a week. And they can be any 2. And it doesn't actually "have" to be under 500. The flexibility with this is amazing. And no guilt. Just a little fear, that I will wake up tomorrow and it will not be what I am thinking it is and it will stop feeling good and stop working.

To me one of the best things about this is that I did not have to let anyone in on the plan. When I give up things, people notice. This way, I still eat dinner with the family and some nights are lighter than others. I can go out to eat lunch with DD, I don't have to add fat to anything unless I want to for taste, I don't have to have some weird snack so I can hit the macros spot on. I can eat when I am hungry (and I am not afraid to be hungry- so I don't have to eat just because I have a hunger twinge), I can eat what I truly want (which I am getting a much better handle on), and I actually stop when I am full (not to get to where I stop when I am no longer hungry!).

<3 this. I think I need to rethink how I was doing UD/DD even with my loco life.. kinda jealous..in a good way
    Karin

I think having only 2 days out of 7 that are under 25% of your TDEE is way more flexible than UD/DD was. And even more than 4:3. Having 2 non-consecutive days is very freeing. Especially when my TDEE is 2200 calories. So technically I can eat up 2200 on the other 5 days. What the heck, I can eat just about anything I want and not hit 2200, especially if I am actually even close to listening to my hunger. And 25% of 2200 is actually 550, for 2 days I can handle that.

Also, even if I go over on the low days, I do 2 moderate days (usually between 800 and 1300 calories) as well so I have "room to roam" so to speak.

BUT, even on those days that I thought I went hog wild, I have not hit 2200 yet.

And honestly, it is mentally very different. (I gotta go back and read my journal and see if I have said that before each of my new N=1 experiments). Even in my craziest weeks, I can find 2 days I can fast. And even if I don't I always have next week.

My thoughts for the day:

Dust if you must.
    But wouldn’t it be better,
    To paint a picture, or write a letter,
    Bake a cake, or plant a seed?
    Ponder the difference between want and need.

Dust if you must.
    But there is not much time
    With rivers to swim and mountains to climb!
    Music to hear, and books to read,
    Friends to cherish and life to lead.

Dust if you must.
    But the world’s out there
    With the sun in your eyes,
    the wind in your hair,
    A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
    This day will not come round again.

Dust if you must.
    But bear in mind,
    Old age will come and it’s not kind.
    And when you go, and go you must,
    You, yourself, will make more dust.

ohmygosh... that is wonderful and timely. I am making a copy to hang where I will see it daily. Thank you.
    Karin

yep, I have just put a copy in my kitchen!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I only dust about three times a year, as it is!