Page 353 of 652 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 6514

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 353

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yep, went to bed early last night and woke up this morning groggy, I think I got caught in the middle of a deep sleep part of the sleep cycle, I kind of feel dazed. I will go to bed early tonight too. DD slept all afternoon yesterday. It was good for her, she has had a hard semester and is down to 1 paper and one final, so she needed the emotional release of the crying, and all the sleep too I am sure.

DD was very pleased with himself, many many people congratulated him on how well he spoke and what a good talk it was, so lots of ego boosting. Plus I am sure he was happy to be done with it. While it is an amazing experience, it is emotionally draining. He slept all afternoon as well. He has only got today and tomorrow left of classes. Then he has IB Assessments on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Monday (one a day), then the school's finals week is next week-but he is exempt from all of those exams so he will essentially be done, except for his French IB Assessment is actually the Monday after graduation.

He is graduating in the top 10% of his class. Except for Valedictorian and Salutatorian our school district doesn't do any other rankings except the top 10%-which they have to do for the lottery scholarships. On his graduation robes he will have all sorts of "cords" they hang around their necks for "Graduation with Distinction" for "National Honor Society" (he was president of that), for the "Top 10%" and for "IB Diploma". His tassel is different too because of the NHS. He is very proud of himself.

Today we drive DD back, and I will bring home the rest of her stuff minus what she needs for the next 10 days. Amazing what that kid managed to fit into that dorm room!

Alrighty, I don't know how it could be true but I am retaining water. Well I know I didn't drink enough, but I sure lost a lot! Anyway puffy fingers this morning. Today is not the day I will make up for it by drinking either since I will be in the car all day. While it would be a great way to get enough water, it is obviously not great in terms of places to then expel that water. I didn't get on the scale-basically forgot.

Busy weekend is almost over.

Well that weekend flew by, and I am still tired! The bad news...the weekend is over. The good news...today is the last day I have to wake up at 5:30! DS will be in the midst of his finals and they start later in the day.

My plan is to wake up at 6:45 and get straight onto the treadmill, then come back up stairs have my coffee and shower. I check my emails and this forum at work anyway, so I don't need to check it at home too. That way I can watch Jon Stewart and then still have the opportunity to get 8 hours of sleep, starting at 10:30 instead of 9:15. The later time is more natural for me as I am a bit of a night owl. Left to my own devices I would stay up until well after midnight, and wake up about 7 hours later. That is not a schedule that works well with the rest of the world as far as work and life are concerned.

Today is a fast day. So I will hold calories till I have a yogurt/blueberries snack when I get home from work, then do a 350 calorie dinner, probably fish and veggies.

Farewell to DH's boss tomorrow night, DS's graduation party is on Friday. It is a joint party with his 5 buds through school, luckily not at my house! All I have to do is show up with appetizers and help decorate.

Busy week ahead, but I will be ok, I get to start sleeping in!!!!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a wonderful schedule. I am, unfortunately, a morning person. DH is a night person. Sometimes, I think we are ships passing in the night

my DH used to be a morning person, but he is waking up later and later, this morning it was 7am! He sleeps in his recliner in front of the tv starting about 7:30 or 8 every night though, so I am not going to give him the title of "night owl" either. More a "how the hell can you sleep so much" person.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations to your son for all his academic accomplishments. He deserves to feel proud.

Thanks! He kind of goofed off his junior year -he rarely turned in homework (he couldn't be bothered with what he thought was busy work), but managed to get nearly perfect scores on tests, and kept his "A" average-, so I am a pinch worried about college, but I have done all I can do, so I have to let it go!

So yesterday was a high down day or a low moderate day depending on your point of view. I didn't drink enough, and ended up being hungry at the end of the day. Didn't feel like cooking, so I ate some spanakopita, which took me a tad high.

I forgot to weigh this morning, I was thinking on the way to work that really this plan feels less like a "diet" than anything else I have ever done except when I was not doing anything. But even then, I worried. This is so completely different.

I have a reception to go to tonight. It starts at 6, so I assume it is dinner. So today will end up being a moderate day. Tomorrow will be a fast, Friday will be moderate as well-it is DS's graduation party, so technically I won't get 2 real fast days in this week (I don't even attempt it on non-work days). But I am ok with that. It will slow the downward trend this week, but it is a drop in the Pacific compared to the journey.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I think the getting over the "diet" aspect is huge. It sounds like this is just more natural for you and hey, getting results must mean its the right thing.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I particularly like being able to feel "normal". Went to lunch with DD while in Knoxville, and had a lovely burger on some mixed greens with their house dressing and a cup of broccoli soup. It was all wonderful, and I did not think once about the calories or primal-ness of it all, just what I was hungry for.

SO praying that I continue to lose weight on it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OMG! I was a little hesitant to get on the scale this morning, I really want this WOE to be it for life -because I love it and because I want to be done with the searching. Since my down day on Tuesday ended up being a moderate day, and yesterday, well, I would say was a high moderate day, so the scale I was afraid would show me I couldn't do this 5:2 thing and succeed. But this morning I sucked it up and got on the scale. 266 that is only 2 tenths more than my last down day weight of 265.8, which is also the lowest I have been in, well, months.

Today is a fast day. I am optimistic, and of course the scale victory helps ensure that it will be a successful fast day. Thank goodness, cause a scale blowout would have made it very difficult!