Page 351 of 660 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 6593

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 351

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Not a binge, more of an eating frenzy.
    Well, it WAS a feast day!

I'm finding that even when I eat to the point where I am feeling STUFFED(cough*sashimi), when I look at the written down amounts, I am not eating as much as I used to. I guess the fasting days may be affecting my perception of what 'stuffed' is.

And this morning,my Honey said he was not in the mood for steak after his workout! He has NEVER been not in the mood for steak before!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    It does take a lot less to feel like a feast now! So yes when I put it all down, I was surprised it wasn't many more calories.

I was mostly concerned about the sort of frenzy that it felt like more that the amount I ate. Also the things I eat when doing that are not likely the kinds of things my body really wants/needs.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ah ha.. so you are unlocking the secret of you some more!! You need that little yogurt snack when you walk in the door regardless if its feast or famine day. So much of trying to lose weight is behavior modification.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, so sad that is has taken me 40+ years of dieting to basically come full circle! When in middle and high school, I didn't eat breakfast or lunch but ate what ever I wanted for dinner, on school days and Saturday- which was a work day. Sunday I ate whatever I wanted. I basically maintained, what I thought was absolutely obese-under 160. I intermittently dieted (starting with the prescribed speed in 8th grade), but never more than a month out of every 6 months. I didn't go over 200 until I did WW in combo with 6 days at the gym. Go figure.

SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW= 265.8 down 1.4
    Calories = 525
    Net Carbs = 45g/34%
    Fat= 18g/31%
    Protein= 46g/35%
    Sleep =7:16 95% ah, 2 nights in a row
    Steps= 7942 pitiful! and it will be worse today, I will be sitting in a car all evening.

Well, I gotta say that the fast days are getting down right easy. There are just a few grumbles of hunger through out the day, but all manageable and since I am at work with no food there is no temptation. Had my yogurt snack as I walked in the door and that is definitely the key. Veggies and a fish fillet baked in a foil pouch with herbs and spices and even a measured shot of half and half in my after dinner tea. I do not spend the whole day thinking of food or trying to figure out what I can eat with the macros I have left. It is very freeing. I really feel like I could do this for life-or at least until I retire.

So March was my month of working this all out-trying different ADF and 4:3 tweaking until I could actually do a 500 calorie day. I started the actual 5:2 on April 7th and weighed 273.2. So that means in almost a month I have lost 8.6 pounds and 2 inches on my waist. So yes, on top of the fact that I get to eat like a "normal" person 5 days a week, I am also losing weight-lovin it!

I will try to do a full set of body measurements next Saturday as that would basically be one month, but this weekend is the "official weigh in" on the 5:2 forum that I am on and they want weight and waist.

I go straight from work today to spend the night tonight in DD's dorm. No idea how that is all going to work out, I am in her turf which means - no plans, gotta play it by ear. If worse comes to worse, I will just go down the street and get a hotel room. I am bringing DD home so she can participate in DS's celebration on Sunday, then I have to take her back on Monday as she has a final on Tuesday.

DS is in the middle of finals, so today he gets to sleep in, as his final is at noon. That should help him to do well. Yesterday's started at 8, which still allowed him to sleep in for an hour and a half, but it was still morning!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    How totally awesome, Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case I don't get to "talk" to you again today (have to run over to Santa Fe this morning), have a safe and fantastic trip today.

Thanks, this feels at least as good as when I was doing the Smarter Science of Slim, (actually better) but I am getting results with this one! This is that one thing I have been looking for that feels like me. Actually it kind of worries me because it doesn't feel like a big difference. Of course that is likely because I have already done the massive stuff ie. dropping all processed foods and cooking most everything from scratch.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Sometimes, it's the small tweaks that make all the difference. And, like you said, you've already done all the "big" (and what I really think might be the hard stuff).

Seems like you are doing a lot of the SSOS, but without trying to force those extra veggies.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    WHOOHOO!! So happy for your loss! (that sounds strange). You go girl!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay Chris, You are doing so great!