Page 349 of 638 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 6380

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 349

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    WOW!! I just kinda caught up with your journal! I am so excited for you on your weightloss! For clarification, you are doing a 5:2? Are your 2 days in a row? Also, you sound like you are having 2 moderate days and 3 UD as well as 2 dd's?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Even though I work from home, and am thus here a lot, I tend to do better with my water during the week than the weekend. Maybe it's because when I work from home, I'm at my desk, and am often trying to avoid the temptation of eating (even if I know I'm not hungry).

Sounds like a busy day. You are much more productive than I think I would be if I didn't have my outside job. Even though I want so badly to be a housewife, not sure I'd be a very good one!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am doing a 5:2. No, my 2 "fast days" are not in a row, but what I do is to do all 4 of my work days the same until dinner. So that means that essentially T-W-Th-F look like fast days until dinner. On the days that are fast days my dinner is under 300 calories (I eat a yogurt snack when I get home from work), and on the non-fast days it is higher. So the 2 work-day, non-fast days are moderate. Then the non-work, non-fast days I do what I feel like. I am definitely having issues with getting the fluids in on non-work days, basically that is my only trouble right now. I am loving it!

The main problem I have being a housewife is I am not a good house keeper. The other problem is that my house duties did not diminish when I went back to work-which I sort of figured would be the case! So the big difference between what you do and what I did is the amount of hours working "outside" the home.

SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW= 268.4 same after an up day
    Calories = ?
    Net Carbs = ?
    Fat= ?
    Protein= ?
    Sleep =6:58 93%
    Steps= 6462 = pathetic! But I did 2.5 hours of yard work yesterday, weeding doesn't = steps.

So it is very easy for me not to track on my non-fasting days. It worries me a bit because I am losing data that I may need later on. But at the same time, not tracking makes me feel more "normal".

So I start back to gentle treadmill today, tired of the breathing issues and it is time to move on. Of course mowing the lawn yesterday didn't make things better, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I started weeding the back yard. Hopefully by next year the vinca will have taken over and I will just have the dry rock creek bed and the perennial garden to weed back there.

The neighbor's dogs are becoming an increasing nuisance. Sunday night they started barking at 6pm and were still barking and howling when I went to bed at 9:30. I am going to start keeping a record. Up to now I sort of felt like we were being a bit whiny, but on Saturday DH talked to the guy who lives on the other side of the barking dogs and he was livid. Their Master Bedroom and his office (2 story house) both have windows that are within 15 feet of where the dogs spend most of their barking moments. I know the local ordinance is 30 minutes, and officers have come out twice to check on it. I am going to check with Animal Control Services to see what we need to do to get this taken care of. We have all talked to these neighbors, so that is not an option. When the officer talked to the owner she told them they must have the wrong dogs! When she told me the story, I said "no, your dogs bark and howl a lot and for long periods." She said I obviously had the wrong dogs.

Ok, enough. off to the treadmill. I can't stop watching Mama Mia, it is now an addiction.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I understand the desire for data, I know that it has helped me at certain points, especially when I was losing well. But, I also think there's something to be said for learning to live normally. I long for that...at least for a few days a week

Sorry about the dogs. My one dog (rescue dog) is a barker, but I don't (1) leave him out for long (5-10 minutes, at most, of barking); (2) don't let him bark in the night/early afternoon (i.e., he gets to go out and do his business, and then he has to come back in); and (3) try to call him in if I see the neighbors are outside. I know my neighbors don't love him, but I do my best to be reasonable about him.

Have fun on the treadmill

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, the dog lady is clueless. How annoying. Maybe film them with your phone?

I am moving more toward just eating and not tracking. Julia Ross has a picture of a plate in her book that has about half veg, 1/4 protein and the last quarter is broken up into 1/3 fat 2/3 healthy carb. So I am tring to do 3 meals that way and one snack protein/fat/carb.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I like how you figured your weekly calorie mass. I only count on my Down Days, but it is interesting to see how someone's numbers break down. And I reserve the right to try counting sometime, maybe if I'm not losing, or at maintenance.

Two water tricks I have for 'at-home use' are-:

Keep a glass in the bathroom. Every time I go to pee, I drink a quick glass of water after I have washed my hands. I only use this trick when I am sick or feeling dehydrated. Otherwise, it is just too much. But it might be what you need right now.

The other, is to keep a glass and pitcher at the point in my house (for me, the edge of the counter between our kitchen and family room) that I pass most often. Sip every time I walk by, and, MOST IMPORTANT, fill the glass again as soon as it is empty. I will easily walk past an empty glass, but never a full one.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ugh.. clueless people well, inconsiderate people... annoy me. Talk about denial!! I agree, get it on film. You can't argue with that proof.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ruth, I know that dogs bark and generally that doesn't bother me, what does is that it is constant. If they are not home the dogs come out the doggy door and bark till they get back. And they are out several nights a week, and often on weekends. She does take them to a doggy day care (except Tuesdays) so they don't bark during the day, but who cares I am not home then!

Paula, it is probably a good idea to get a visual cue as to what a plate should look like. On my "fast" days, dinner is usually a dinner plate piled with salad greens and a protein source on top, the size of that depends on what it is. I have a scale I use to measure out the oil, and meat-the greens and vinegar I eyeball.

I have to admit that for my non-fast days I am just eating when hungry and what I am hungry for. And it has varied a lot, rarely been low carb, but mostly primal. Not sure if it is being rebellious or if it is what I really want. But so far I am still trending downward so I will go with it for now.

Sabine, the weekly calorie mass only matters when I keep track. But it did let me see that I had a lot of leeway for the non-fasting days. The water issue gets complicated because I don't want to have to rush to the bathroom while I am out running errands, but yeah, for the days I am in I do need a good plan-no I will walk past a glass and not drink unless I move it when I had the last sip maybe, I have to do that with my meds, so that it looks out of place.