Page 348 of 611 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 6103

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 348

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yep, that was my thinking, easier with the same benefits both health and weight wise, win win!

SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW=264.8 down another .6 after a really up day!
    Calories =?
    Net Carbs = ?
    Fat= ?
    Protein= ?
    Sleep =6:22 90%
    Steps= 5832 6 flights of stairs - It looks like this is about average for what I do when I feel like crap and skip the treadmill

So you will note that there was a loss on the scale. You may also note that I did not keep track of what I ate yesterday. We had a group over last night, all preparing scrapbooks for their children. We had a counter full of finger foods, dips, and lovely desserts. Yep, I ate a bit of everything. Even if I had counted how much of each thing I ate-no idea how to get it into MFP accurately. I felt like I over ate, as I put one more little dessert in my mouth as I was thinking "man I am stuffed".

So now I go into my 3 up days. I will be tracking them though.

obviously, given that I still lost after what was a very up day, I am loving this WOE/WOL.

SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW= 267 up 3 it was the second up day
    Calories =?
    Net Carbs = ?
    Fat= ?
    Protein= ?
    Sleep =6:53 91%
    Steps= I forgot to put the fitbit back on when I changed clothes, so it only showed 3112 steps for yesterday.

Yesterday was a bit of a free for all, so no surprise that my weight is up so far. Fingers and toes are puffy. It was not the kind of non-fasting day that I am proud of, not just for quantity-although I am sure it was a bit too much as I felt very full-but also for quality.

Today will be better.

p.s. kinda missing my SPEED sistahs, what is everyone up to?
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-28-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hi,
    It has been a busy weekend. We had a music judging event all day yesterday and I already did the grocery shopping today. We plan to play outside this afternoon because the weather is beautiful. I bet it is really nice down by you too.
    I have the urge to plant something. Maybe it will cheer me up.

Should be nice by tomorrow, yesterday and today we are in the middle of a flood warning. Never paid much attention to that sort of thing in the past, but next Sunday is the 3 year anniversary of our flood so it seems more real, although right now it looks like the rain has passed.

I am still weeding, good news is the wet ground will make it easier. My azaleas are blooming like crazy so the front of my house looks like a white flower explosion.

I try to plant in the fall, but usually add to the perennial garden in the spring. I need to add some succulents to my front urns too.

It is nice to have busy weekends, but it makes them go by so quickly!

Hope your dietary clean up is going well.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I just finished something like almost 20 freezer/crock pot meals. And made lunch. And prepped for dinner or lunch tomorrow. Whew. I'm beat - but feel SO good about it! DH is cleaning the kitchen (I'm a bit of a tornado.........) and I will go help him in a few (my feet are TIRED).

Weather is gorgeous here, not that I've been outside today

wow, you are ambitious! My freezer wouldn't fit 20 crock pot meals in it. wish I had a stand alone one. Of course a lot less need for it after August when we will become empty nesters.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Even though there are only 3 of us, we manage to keep the outside freezer full. I try to buy meat in bulk (1/4 cow at a time) and then I do these freezer meals. I also buys tons of frozen veggies, especially when they are on sale. What can I say -- we eat a lot But, we don't have much in the pantry. Some oils, some vinegars, a few canned veggies (tomatoes), coconut milk, rice, etc. So, my pantry is basically storage for things like my griddle, food processor, dog food, etc.

I am sure that is healthier, cause most of what is in my pantry is stuff I shouldn't really be eating. I really need to clean it out though as it is still mostly things from before I started Primal, and even before I started Atkins. The good news is that at least it doesn't get moldy, but it probably isn't any good anymore either (arborio rice, cornmeal, etc). Someday when I have nothing to do. I don't actually have anyplace to put a freezer, my basement is big enough but the electricity is connected to the light switch, so lights out and all electricity is off down there.

Once we are empty nesters we are likely to eat breakfast for dinner most nights anyway. I like breakfast, just not in the mornings.

So I sat down today and figured out my week's calories on 5:2, and here is how it goes....

my TDEE (the lowest one from all the TDEE calculators) is 2200 for maintenance. So that is 15,400 a week. If we assume that 3,500 is a pound (that is one big "if") and I want to lose a pound a week that gives me 11,900 left to eat for the week. Then we take my 2 "fast" days which are 500 each and we are left with 10,900 for the week. Then we take the fact that my other 2 work days have been averaging a little less than 1,200, and take that 2,400 off of the 10,900 for the week and that leaves me 8,500 calories for my 3 day weekends. Which is 2,800 per day for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Now I don't use that many on each of those 3 days, but sometimes Friday goes a little higher and usually one of those days goes a little higher, but the other 2 actually go a bit lower.

So what that translates to is this is very easy for me, and I am trending downward. win win.

SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW= 268.4 up after an up day
    Calories = 1730
    Net Carbs = 134g/32%
    Fat= 97g/52%
    Protein= 70g/17%
    Sleep =6:50 91%
    Steps= nevermind! I start back on the treadmill tomorrow, still have a bit of congestion going on.

So, a big part of the reason that I put on pounds on my up days is that I don't drink as much when I am at home. I do drink the coffee and tea in the morning and cups of tea through out the day, but never finish even one of the 50oz bottles of ACV, in fact I rarely even start them. My fingers and toes get very puffy, they look like little sausages, and rings are very tight. I have tried in the past to force it, but I just have given up. I think I need to work on it. Get at least 1 of the ACV bottles in.

Errands to run today, mostly grocery and gas. Also need to cut the grass and lay down the second "weed and feed" treatment. Then I need to put together a slideshow of DS through the years for his graduation party. Tonight I get to go to a planning party. Moms are gathering to plan the graduation party for our sons. These 6 boys have been friends since they all arrived at middle school in 5th grade. At least 3 of them are going to the same college. DS and one of the them have signed up to be roommates.

Today is an up day.

Forgot to mention why my carbs are so high...I had a hankering for oatmeal. So I cooked up a serving of Steel Cut Oats, added a stirred egg at the end (made it more like a custard and added some protein), T of walnuts, splash of stevia, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

of course the potstickers at dinner were over the top
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-29-2013 at 05:21 AM.