SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW=266 down another 1.4
    Calories = 1301
    Net Carbs = 78g/24%
    Fat= 76g/52%
    Protein= 77g/24%
    Sleep = 5:50 91% went to bed late, but had 2 nice long stretches
    Steps= 7761 7 flights of stairs

Well yesterday was a "moderate day" not up not down. It was supposed to be an up day. I just wasn't that hungry. I am still fasting on my work days, so on my non-fasting days (ie non-calorie controlled days) during the week I would have to eat all 2000 calories after 4:30. Now normally I would tell you that would be soooo easy for me. I have in fact done it, and more, many many times. But something about being "allowed" to eat to my body's needs and desires regardless of where that leads me, tends to keep me from doing that. My non-work non-calorie controlled days do tend to go higher, but not often all the way to the 2000 mark, and actually I am "supposed" to be hitting 2200.

So I hit a new low for this year and am shooting for 260, which I thick is last year's low, then 250 which is the low from the previous year and 2 pounds less than what I weighed when I gave birth to my children. I am feeling very confident that I will hit both of those in the next few months.

I am really enjoying doing the 5:2, I feel very good on my "fast" days, and I love feeling like I can eat like a "normal" person on non-fast days.

Not doing the treadmill this week. All that gardening this past weekend and then not taking the time to flush out my sinuses at the end of each day has caused me some issues with swollen sinuses and drainage, which means a stuffy nose, sore throat, and less than easy breathing.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Hooray for new lows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First Paula, and now you. It won't be long and Karin and I will join you two and then we'll all be rocking this weight loss thing again

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Great Job Chris!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    thanks guys.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Great that the new schedule is working so well for you. Good job.

SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW=265.4 down another .6
    Calories = 484
    Net Carbs = 18g/17%
    Fat= 21g/44%
    Protein= 42g/39%
    Sleep = 7:15 95% had 2 nice long stretches and only 2 brief wakes up of less than 10 minutes each-which I don't remember
    Steps= 5603 3 flights of stairs

My steps are soooo low, this sinus situation is really taking its toll on my desire to move. Hoping to get some really good sleep this weekend to knock it the rest of the way out.

Well, yes, I can say I am well pleased with this 5:2 way I have adjusted to my life. Just half a pound away from 10 pounds in 6 weeks. Heck, I was 273.2 on the 8th of April! That is 7 pounds in 2 weeks. And more of that this week than last! Of course I now have 4 "up days" in a row so that is going back up, but to me the weight that counts is the one after the second fast day, and that is the one I am going to take because I figure the gain is mostly water, and the losses are fat. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Doing my 4 work days the same until dinner makes things very easy for me, and allows me the flexibility I need. If something comes up suddenly it does not wreck my day or my week. I didn't have that sense with the 4:3. Although I could have if I worked 3 non-consecutive days, because fasting and being at home do not go well together. At work if I get a bit weak willed it doesn't matter there is nothing there to eat unless I go out and get something-and of course by then I will have had a chance to talk myself out of it. I can easily sustain this for life-or at least until I retire, and hopefully by then it will be such a habit I won't have to be away from the house to be a successful faster.

It feels so good to be able to have days where I don't have to worry about what I eat, I do keep myself to mostly Primal -and certainly all whole foods and mostly homemade from scratch- on them, but that feels way more "normal" than having to restrict carbs and protein and chugging tablespoons of fat.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    This is totally, and completely, awesome. I love how this is fitting in with your life!!!!

me too. I am actually shocked at how much difference it made in compliance to just do the 2 "fasting" days as opposed to doing 3, and in turn what a difference that has made in the weight loss. The month of March I was "doing" ADF (with the exception of the days I was away, so 10 days out of town) I went from 274 to 272 on April 1. The first week of April when I was floundering around trying to figure out how to get 3 fast days in, I went up to 273. So the 2 weeks I hit on this formula have really nailed it both in fitting into my life and in the numbers on the scale. Now I know it is going to slow down, but the trend is finally going in the right direction and I am cautiously optimistic.

Hey, I found a really cool app if you have an iPhone. It is called Healthcare-tracks your weight using a trend line. It is from Havevalue, Ltd and is free.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    And the health benefits from SIRT1 et al, seem to come with the 5:2 method as much as EOD. Score!