Page 346 of 650 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 6495

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 346

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, spices are hard. DH loves super spicy (and hot). Mom can't tolerate heat. I like mostly anything.

The three hits so far: pesto chicken (super easy to make...I can't eat it with the dairy, but that's okay); "bbq" beef ribs; and chicken tikka masala.

I find it easiest to let the protein be the crockpot recipe -- it's easy to add veggies (and starch, if needed).

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    ribs are a huge hit with DS, DH thinks they are not healthy so won't eat them. But he will eat massive quantities of pasta in any form!

Beef ribs probably don't make your DH feel much better Here's the recipe I used (I added a bit of liquid smoke...I have seen that there is something called "smoked salt" that might be more primal). Paleo Slow Cooker Spare Ribs | OAMC from Once A Month Mom

well given his skin and other issues and that he can't stay awake once he sits down, I think he probably could use fewer carbs but that isn't gonna happen.

p.s. thanks, I bookmarked the recipe into my favorites file.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-21-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Yeah. I'd probably be the same way (given that I think your DH and I share a few personality traits....). Stubborn, that's for sure.

oh yes, his picture is next to the definition of stubborn in the dictionary. I am working really hard not to pay attention to what he eats, but gotta say it drives me nuts when he gets home pours a drink and pulls out a box of crackers and just eats half a box. Luckily having a box of crackers in the house is exceedingly rare. He is thin enough that he could afford to sit and eat a bag of nuts, and be much better off health wise. But he sniffs out the carbs when I have any in the house (always left over from a gathering). He will beg me to buy fruit and then not touch it, and it will end up in the compost. He told me yesterday that he needed veggies as he was finishing a box of crackers, but had passed up the veggie soup I had made with the bone broth.

SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW=271.4 that is up, after an up day-no surprise
    Calories = 1855
    Net Carbs = 104g/23%
    Fat= 113g/57%
    Protein= 86g/19%
    Sleep = 7:23 95% I had a 6 hour stretch with no wake ups!
    Steps= 3568 3 flights of stairs. I did 4 hours of gardening, which never equals steps even though it is clearly movement.

I have put on a pound a day on these up days. Clearly it is not fat, and I am not worried, it is just an observation. But I have eaten more carbs than I should. I am going to bring those back down to under 50g net, or at least under 100! I just got a little loosey goosey with them.

I am sore today, did 4 hours of weeding yesterday and filled a contractors trash bag (they are about 4.5' tall!) with weeds. It is the second one this week and the sad part is I am not done! Not even with the landscaped areas in the front. And the back is totally overrun! I am better at growing weeds than I am at growing perennials, and way better than I am at growing grass! Where the heck did we get the idea that we needed to have grass in our lawns? Would LOVE to fill in with a ground cover, but DH is worried since it would be the only one in the neighborhood that it would hurt resale value. He is probably right.

Unfortunately today I have to run errands, Michaels, Home Depot, Costco, Whole Foods...then I have to make DH's breakfast bars. Not much time left for yard. Although if it is as nice, weather wise, as it was yesterday I will make time. Seems like days like that are too few and far between.

Still feeling good about my 5:2, which technically is really a 3:2:2...3 "normal" days, 2 moderate days, and 2 "fast" days. I really like having all 4 work days the same until I get home, although I am thinking this week I will do my BPgreentea on Wednesday and Thursday mornings, but that will still keep those days pretty moderate calorie wise.

SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW=271.4 no change
    Calories = 1661
    Net Carbs = 71g/18%
    Fat= 107g/62%
    Protein= 77g/20%
    Sleep = ? didn't wear the fitbit
    Steps= ? didn't have it on

So my up days are still really not up. But even though they are on the low side of my allowable calories, the scale doesn't seem to want to move down. Go figure. Today is a "fast" day. So between my coffee and tea and Castor Oil I get 100 calories in the morning, and that leaves about 400 for my yogurt and then dinner. It works.

We have company again on Friday, so that will be a high calorie day. Tuesday and Thursday are "fast" days, Wednesday a moderate day. I am in week 2. In order to be progressing in the right direction, I need to see below 268 on the scale at least once this week.

So yesterday the pollen hit. I am not allergic, but massive amounts in the doses I exposed myself to while I was gardening do mess with my sinuses. Consequently last night was one of the worst night's "sleep" I have had in a very long time. I did flush my sinuses last night before bed, but it was too little too late. I should have flushed them on Saturday and Sunday after gardening. I feel miserable right now. Throat is sore and sinuses are tight.

I don't think I have posted this link, and for anyone trying 5:2 (or 4:3, or ADF) I am finding it very helpful. I especially like that they are keeping a record of success as a group. There were over 800 who fill in their weights, and the administrators of the forum turned them into statistics, very interesting.

The 5:2 Fast Diet Forum | 'The Fast Diet' international support group

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW=267.4 down 3 since yesterday and equal to last week's low
    Calories = 498
    Net Carbs = 21g/17%
    Fat= 31g/57%
    Protein= 31g/25%
    Sleep = 6:59 87% sinuses kept waking me up
    Steps= 3657 only had it on for part of the day.

So yesterday was remarkably easy. It was my first "fast" day this week. I get about 100 calories in the morning from the Cod Liver Oil and the half and half in my coffee and tea, then use the rest of my calories when I get home from work. I did a great job of not nibbling while I was cooking, and did not go back and look for anything after dinner...I did think about it though. But I was not hungry, I just wanted something.

My weight dropped 3 pounds. I am shocked as it regularly goes up and down a pound or so a day but I have not had a shift that big in a very long time. Yesterday when I saw the number on the scale I was a tad bit disheartened because I saw I was gaining a pound a day on my up days over the weekend and last week I only lost a pound a day on my down days (I stayed the same on the moderate days). Which would mean that I would end up with a net gain every week since I have more up days than down. I was happily shocked to see a 3 pound loss this morning, knowing that it took me back to last week's low and I still have another down day this week.

Today will be a moderate day. I will keep up with my "work day" schedule as far as food is concerned but have a fattier dinner.

I really like the flexibility of having 2 down days that I can move around as needed.

On the 5:2 forum, they discovered that people who were doing 4:3 or ADF were not losing at a faster rate than those doing 5:2. No explanation though. The average was 1.1 pounds a week, the mean was 1.0 over the past 6 months. I will be thrilled with 4 to 5 pound loss consistently every month!