SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW=267.6 up .6 after an up day
    Calories = 1695
    Net Carbs = 104g/25%
    Fat= 102g/55%
    Protein= 81g/20%
    Sleep = 7:10 89%
    Steps= 7787 6flights of stairs.

So, when BFF and her hubs come over we have fallen into a pattern of doing appetizers for dinner. We stand around for a bit, get our beverages of choice, then start the cards. With appetizers we can get up and nibble between playing our turn. Lots of fun. The down side is I really don't know exactly what I ate. So my calories are an estimate. I actually tried to over estimate. But you know, I can't be sure. What I do know is that I probably ate just a little too much, because I was pretty full at the end of the night.

Sleep, well, the stats don't look that impressive but what actually happened is that I had a horrible time falling asleep, but once I finally did, I ended up with 2 long stretches of uninterrupted sleep, with a brief wake-up splitting it down the middle. So today I feel much better rested than I did yesterday even though the numbers are pretty much the same.

As I am going into this new way of eating, I have decided to remove those things that I was doing simply to get my fat percentage up. So the MCT in my morning smoothie will be out, only the occasional BPC as a treat not a morning ritual, adding mayo to my avocado, you know things like that.

I still plan to stay pretty low carb, but again not obsessive about it. From reading the 5:2 forums, I am seeing that the whole point is to use my up days as a teaching tool to get to "normal" eating. Which has always been my ultimate goal, going back to when I started to investigate Intuitive Eating and Paul McKenna's 4 Golden Rules. I am still going to track, because I just am not ready to lose that information, but I am going to stop pre-tracking my up days. I am still going to pre-track my down days to ensure I stay under 500 calories.

I also really like doing all liquids on my work days, until I get home. Gives me so much flexibility on both up and down days. And I actually feel better.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    omg. this is not happening! I allowed myself to eat today, it is an up day after all, and am actually stuffed. 1400+ calories. I am allowed 2200. the whole thing is sort of infuriating.

SW 3/1/13 =274.8
    CW=269.2 that is up, after an up day-no surprise
    Calories = 1794
    Net Carbs = 142g/33%
    Fat= 90g/47%
    Protein= 82g/19%
    Sleep = 7:46 94%
    Steps= 6405 6 flights of stairs. Lots of gardening, which never equals steps even though it is clearly movement.

So, the thing that infuriated me, is that when I have tried to limit calories in the past, by virtually every single means known to man or woman, it has been a chore at best. Yesterday was what I would consider a day of what I would consider "bad choices". I made pizza for dinner, and yes I had some, I also made cookies, and yes I had some. And still was able to come under my calories for the day!

What I am learning is that carbs are not my friends. I don't have a gluten sensitivity or anything like that. I am just a bit puffy this morning. So I will go back to my normal limiting of those things most of the time.

I am really enjoying this 5:2 way of eating. I like doing the same thing for 4 mornings while I am at work, and making 2 of those days less than 500 calories, the other 2 I don't limit, but they were both moderate this past week, then having the weekends to learn to eat normally. I am also going to keep a focus on my superfoods list, and that will help to keep me remembering this is about eating for health and longevity and not about eating for any other reason my brain may conjure up.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I found the same thing...when I finally give myself permission to eat - I find I'm not that hungry. Go figure..........

Doing anything fun today?

The weather here is perfect, so I will spend the day outside, mostly gardening cause my landscape is being overrun with weeds. At least it gives me a good reason to stay out though!

How about you?

DH and I are about to start the foster care/adoption process. Today, we will work on filling out the application. I'm also going to do some more freezer meals this week, so you'll notice a ton of crockpot recipes on Pinterest I could also use a nap!

how exciting to start that process, hope it isn't too long and drawn out for you.

Love the idea of the crock pot, I will be on the lookout!

Slow cooker recipes are hard because they all seem...the same. And, my DH does not really like soups or stews, so I'm always looking for something "different". So far, he's loving everything I made from the last batch, so that's good. It's so nice to just pull this stuff out of the freezer and go.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    we are not big soup/stew people either. Also, simple (flavors) help make sure everyone will like it. So I agree on the slow cooker being a bit difficult.

Usually it is best if I make a protein, a veg or 2, a salad, and for the boys some sort of carb/starch. It allows everyone to eat whatever part of the meal they are interested in. If there is only the crock pot and maybe a salad, not as many options.