SW 4/1/13 =274.8
    CW=268.6 down 1.4
    Calories = 574
    Net Carbs = 21/14%
    Fat= 33/50%
    Protein= 52/35%
    Sleep = 7:10 91%
    Steps= 7853

Yesterday went very well. Here is the current plan...2 days a week of Very Low Calories = on or about 500, 2 days a week of Low Calories = on or about 700, and 3 days a week eating "normally" = following the 4 Golden Rules (1. Eat what I REALLY want, 2. Eat only when I am physically hungry, 3. Eat mindfully, 4. Stop when I am no longer hungry)

I actually think that now that I have been doing the very low calorie days, I actually know what hunger feels like and know that it will not kill me, and that I can easily satisfy it if I just slow down and enjoy what I put in my mouth.

The 4 days of controlled eating will be my work days.

I will still be getting on the treadmill every day, and do the Tabata once a week-probably Sunday or Monday.

My fitbit is messed up, or rather its connection to the computer is messed up, so I don't know how many steps I took yesterday, but know the last time I looked at it there was just over 8,000. No idea about sleep.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-17-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That is what I discovered yesterday. Hunger won't kill me and if handled correctly, it won't even cause a binge. Now that the amino acids and menopause supplement have rebalanced things, my binges are purely emotional. I actually almost didn't binge on Monday night because my brain was saying "No Thank You" but I desperately needed the comfort.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ah yes, eating for comfort.. guilty.

Chris.. I thought you were not changing anything for a while?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Karin, thanks for reminding me

Actually, I need to get to a place where I am actually doing what ever it is I am doing! The alternate day was not doable for me because I can't seem to keep to very low calories on my days off, at least not yet. So I am still alternating days of very low calorie, just not every other day. I was actually planning to do the 4:3 (which is what ADF is), and just using 3 days while I am at work. But I don't want to "have" to do less than 500 calories 2 days in a row. So that is where the modifications came in.

Also, I found a twitter account for Dr. Mosely and then came across a forum for the 5:2. So I thought, well why do 3 days of very low if 2 days will work? But I also never really have cared for breakfast, and eating lunch at work is no fun since I eat at my desk while working, so I figure I can just eat my snack when I get home from work, then have a decent dinner and keep between 500 and 700 calories pretty easily as long as I don't do a lot of cream/butter/MCT in my coffee and tea.

So I am changing it so that I can actually accomplish it.

ahhh gotcha. I am also trying to get to a place where I can be consistently doing the same thing. While I have started a SPEED/EMF I have yet to get a good day in. Lack of preparedness on my part. I will own it.
    Karin

Yep, I am first working to get to compliance most of the time, then I will worry about whether or not I am getting results. If I get compliance for lets say a month to 6 weeks and get no results then I will start tweaking the plan. But first I gotta get a plan I can do.

For me, trying to do very low calorie on a day I am at home and likely trying to avoid at least one unpleasant task is just a plan to fail.

I really like the idea of doing 2 to 4 very low calorie days and allowing myself some normal ones. I hope that not only will this get me to my goal weight, but that it will also teach me about hunger and how to deal with it. Stop being afraid to be hungry (what is all that about right?). Learn to eat for my health and satisfaction without being obese. Learn to deal with non-food issues in non-food ways. Not asking much am I?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

rats, double post
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-17-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

SW 4/1/13 =274.8
    CW=268.8 up .8
    Calories = 1206
    Net Carbs = 26g/10%
    Fat= 69g/61%
    Protein= 74g/29%
    Sleep = 7:30 94%
    Steps= 11,343

Yesterday is what I am calling a moderate day. On my work days I will keep mornings and lunch the same. On my "fast" days I will keep to below 550 calories (25% of my TDEE), on my moderate days I will keep close, but not fanatically so, to 1,100 (about 50% of TDEE). The 3 days left I will "eat normally".

I am just doing the moderate days so I can get used to the not eating during the day. In a few weeks I will ease up on those when I feel confident about the fast days. Doing the 4 work days the same gives me some flexibility if something comes up and I mess up on a fast day. They will also allow a transition into eating normally. Having those 2 days will help in the case that I go crazy on the eat normal days, and let me get to where I feel comfortable with that concept.

DH was giving me attitude last night, I am sure it is work related and it is the "kick the cat" syndrome, but I didn't feel like being the cat last night. So after I cleaned up the kitchen I went for a walk. I was actually very nice out, mid 70's with a breeze, lots of people out. So much better a choice than sitting and watching tv and fending off barbs. And it got my steps up over the 10,000 mark!

We had a crew doing a film in our building yesterday, they were just kicking it into high gear when I left. Can't wait to hear the details when I get to work today. They had the hair and make-up and wardrobe room all set up, and were blacking out some of the windows (we have a ton of stained glass windows in the building.

ok, well, 2 things just occurred to me, if I do moderate days, I will have trouble getting in the "superfoods" I have committed to eating, and they may not set me up well for fast days (my tummy is grumbling already, so that is what got me thinking that). Oh well, N=1 as we say.

Good choice going for a walk. It looks like yesterday was a good day.
    Karin