Page 342 of 626 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 6256

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 342

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wishing you the best today! Drink up girl.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yep, we will both be dancing out of that practice. Actually he won't practice, no point, it is just to drop off the equipment, so even better!

I actually think the weight is the near total lack of fluid intake yesterday. I am not worried. It is just another example that the "simple" CICO equation is basically BS.

Thanks Karin. I feel a left over motivation from seeing the Dr. Mosely video, so I am hoping it carries over through the afternoon witching hour.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    You've got this today...especially since rifle is just a drop & go!

Yep, I am mentally prepared and feeling good physically. I think it is going to be a good thing to have 2 ud (well it was really one up and one moderate) before my day off dd. Although on the LCF board they suggested that I always do the up day to its upper limits the day before a dd, I am going to continue to play it by ear.

Also, I payed the price for Saturday night's desserts, as I was in a mild form of intestinal distress yesterday. At least I think it was the desserts.

Ah, I just looked out the window, The weather is beautiful and the lawn needs mowed, the perfect confluence of circumstances.

Crap, honestly I am starting to think I need to do my all down days on work days. I just cannot seem to stay out of the kitchen on my days off.

At this point, if I stop right now, I have reached my calorie limit. It is 1:45pm.

What harm would it be if I just went to say 500 calories, 2 days in a row, basically 3 out of 4 days, since I only work 4 days a week? You know just eat dinner when I get home from work. I am not much of one for breakfast, and I don't really care for eating at work as I do it at my desk. So I could easily create a pattern.

The problem with Monday is that I am almost always low on sleep, and usually have chores I don't particularly want to do (the ole work avoidance issue here).

we will see how the rest of today goes.

SW 4/1/13 =274.8
    CW=269.4 up .8 after my second ud
    Sleep=6:04 88% too hot again.
    Calories = dnt
    Net Carbs = dnt
    Fat= dnt
    Protein= dnt
    KR = dnt
    Steps=6670 pitiful

So yesterday was not very much of a down day, and not a very satisfying up day either. I ended the night by eating lots of celery with some leftover peanut sauce I had made.

My current thinking is that I will be doing a version of down day on the days that I work. I will just do liquids until I get home, and then I will have a nice, reasonably low carb, reasonably low cal dinner. On my days off, I will do a less extreme version of EMF, low carb still, with the grams of protein and fat about equal. But I will not be too strict about it for all 3 days, allowing myself 1 day that goes higher in the calorie count. I am shooting for a deficit in the weekly average.

I still plan to work on getting my 10,000 steps a day, and doing Tabata once a week-probably on Sunday.

I just can't spend my days off thinking about food all day, and getting nothing done.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

I just can't spend my days off thinking about food all day, and getting nothing done.
    I must confess... I think about food a lot.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    My dd was not so good, either. Sounds like a good plan, Chris!

At work I have plenty of distractions, so food is on my mind much less. And I don't really have access to any unless I bring it, or am willing to go down the street and pay for it-not something I want to get into the habit of. If I start a habit of paying for lunch at one of the local establishments it will end up that I am essentially working to pay for lunch, not gonna happen!

So I am thinking that along with the 85 calories that are from my half and half in the green tea and coffee and the Cod Liver oil, I will do a half cup of greek yogurt, with a half cup of blueberries and a table spoon of walnuts, when I get home from work and then a nice dinner. Keeping the work days well under 700 total. This is a little less than half of what I need to lose weight -I can usually lose if I keep calories between 1400 and 1800. I can pretty easily keep my calories under 1800 on 2 of the other 3 days and allow one (if necessary) to creep up a bit.

I am just really going to have to focus on the trend with the scale and not the actual numbers.

I don't want to abandon the down days because I feel good when they work. Hopefully in the future (as maintenance) my body will naturally choose 2 days a week or so to go low calorie, without me having to force the issue.

I actually feel very optimistic this morning, I feel like I am just working out the details.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I love the dessert story. One year for my birthday we went to Pappadeux's and ordered one each of ALL their desserts(7 or 8, I believe). Took turns taking one bite and passing them counter-clockwise. It was fabulous! Better than any dinner. I wouldn't do it now because of the sugar spike, but I'll always remember it.