Page 341 of 624 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 6237

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 341

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    SW 4/1/13 =274.8
    CW=268.6 down .8 but up .6 from last dd
    Sleep= 5:07 75% worst night sleep I have had in a very long time.
    Calories = 714 supposed to be under 500
    Net Carbs = 18g/10%
    Fat= 54g/70%
    Protein= 34g/20%
    KR = 1.46
    Steps=5667 pitiful, no treadmill and stuck at my desk all day at work, then didn't end up doing the errands I expected to do.

So last night I watched Dr. Mosely from the links that Ruth gave us. I am newly motivated. He is a "regular" guy trying to do the most reasonable thing that he can sustain for life in order to improve his quality of life.

3 things I will apply to my life.

1. The fasting plan I am working on but with more vigor. So my dd's will be less than 500 calories, one meal when I get home from work or around 5:30ish, the rest of the day will be liquids, no nibbling. I will start doing crock pot meals for the boys on those days. My ud's will be eat to satisfaction. And I will work in those "superfoods" where ever possible/reasonable.

2. Work on "NEAT" (Non-Exercise Activity T?), this is about the movement you do all day long. It is proving to be (scientific studies) better for health than sitting all day and then going to the gym for a few hours. So I will work to get at least 10,000 a day, every day ASAP. From there I will work my way up. This means the treadmill every day, even on my dd's which I have been lax about-because oh poor me I only get 500 calories today I can't exercise too - and at work I will start using the bathroom upstairs and then walk to the stairs on the far end of the building to get back to my desk. I will also start doing a brief evening stroll around the block, unless it is pouring rain.

3. HIT, I am going to do the Tabata once a week, every weekend. I am just going to do 2 exercises for now. The little stair stepper thing and banded biceps alternating them and using the tabata app on my phone to time it. The idea of course is to do each at as high an intensity as I possibly can for the 20 seconds with a brief 10 second break in between each.

It was so helpful to see his reports and note the science and his results, very motivating. I strongly suggest you take an hour to watch.

SW 4/1/13 =274.8
    CW=268.6 the same after an ud! and 1.4 down from the last ud.
    Sleep= 7:40 91%
    Calories = 2046
    Net Carbs = 120g/24% I did eat dessert last night.
    Fat= 138g/62%
    Protein= 72g/14%
    KR = 0.81 so the dessert knocked me out of ketogenic ratio range.
    Steps=6483 again, pitiful

So far I am comfortable with how things are going. Of course that is easy to say after an up day on a day that is also going to be an up day. It will be interesting to see how hunger goes today and how 2 up days in a row affect my dd.

Today is the day I implement the 10,000 step a day rule, simply I will walk 10,000 steps a day, at least! I will also do my once a week tabata this morning.

I have been also working on my "superfood list" and I feel good about it. Since most of it was already a part of my daily diet there was not much to add, and it all fits easily into the plan I am doing right now.

After having seen the videos linked above, I feel even more confident that I can sustain a version of JUDDD for life and that it is a good idea to do it.

I feel in a good mood this morning...is it the scale or getting 2 up days in a row? Whatever, I like it.
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-14-2013 at 08:16 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Woohoo, Chris. Downward trend, for sure!!!

thanks! Now as you all like to say, once I get below 260 it will be "new weight".

I did my 4 mile walk. It is about the only way I can come close. I did my sprints yesterday. Oh my goodness, talk about sore!!!!

In my transition, I'm aiming for 2 UDs. I am stuffed from yesterday (of course, I ate over where I meant, but that's a different story).

I went to a party last night, it was a birthday party so I knew I would want some cake. There wasn't any actually, but there was dessert-2 in fact. So I had a bit of both along with a lot of caesar salad. I had allowed for it so no problem. The person behind me in line asked if I was really just going to eat salad (we had not gotten to the desserts yet) and I said no, the extra space on my plate was for desserts. He thought it was hilarious.

I gotta take DS to a meeting but I will finish the story when I get off the treadmill!

ok, I am back, I have done my 30 minutes on the treadmill and did my tabata. The doc asked me to do no-impact when I do the tabata, so now, I do my mini-stair stepper and alternate that with arm exercise using the band. Oddly the arm exercise is harder to keep up for the 20 seconds than the stepper, even though I did it after the treadmill!

So the rest of the story...after we sat down several people mentioned my odd plate content. Mind you DH had eaten at home and his plate just had coleslaw and potato salad on it, and was only half full but only 1 person said anything to him, and that was the hostess ("don't be shy now, eat up there is plenty") and pretty non-specific. Anyway, DH stepped in (even though he actually has no idea what I am doing dietary wise and tries his hardest to stay out of it) to tell the story of when we lived in FL and my friend and I would go out to eat at our fav restaurant (Leonardo's) and order dessert first. Because their desserts were FAB, and very reasonably priced, and generally no-one takes home left over dessert, but you will take home leftovers from dinner. So we would eat dessert while we decided what to have for dinner. The wait-person would invariably come up and ask if we wanted anything else and we would be like "yes, dinner". Always shocked them. But hey if it was good enough for Einstein (purportedly he was the one who said "life is short, eat dessert first") then it was good enough for us!

SW 4/1/13 =274.8
    CW=269.4 up .8 after my second ud
    Sleep= 5:45 92%
    Calories = 1598
    Net Carbs = 28g/7%
    Fat= 130g/74%
    Protein= 74g/19%
    KR = 1.80
    Steps= 9744, darn so close.

Yesterday was pretty moderate, but I drank almost nothing, so I need to make sure I drink up today.

While I don't get sad or irritated at the scale, much, anymore, it is still a bit disconcerting to have a gain after a day when I only had 1400 calories. I know that it is about the long term trend, so I am not worried, but still weird.

I am ready for my dd today. The plan is to drink all day, grocery shop early-before I get really hungry, and to eat 1 meal at around 6pm. I have to take DS to rifle one last time to drop off his gear, and will make myself something when we get home. Then drink some more. My fingers are puffy today and it is not comfortable.

I'm going to start working on a 5 mile walk...I'm not convinced I get 1000 steps in my daily life!

It's hard with the scale. You are up a bit. Could be yesterday, could be the day before (which did not reflect in the scale), could be two UDs, could be anything. Sigh. But, today is a dd and perhaps you will be rewarded Wednesday.

Hooray - last rifle practice????