Page 339 of 546 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 5460

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 339

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yea well, I don't know how much science there is behind it, or who worked it out in the first place, but it does favor the percentages that would promote ketones, even if not the absolutes.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    hmmm.. interesting. I think it would be interesting to track for a while to find a pattern and then be able to relate it back to the blood or stix.

oh.. and I figured out the spreadsheet
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

oh, yeah. I can't thank Ruth enough for doing that, as there is no way I would do the calculation every day if it wasn't automatic like that! And if my carbs will consistently get low enough where I actually think I might get a reading I will start tracking blood ketones. I also need to find more of the strips for FBS for my monitor as well.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Not sure what I really think of the KR ratio, but, hey, I like to track things, so there you go

This post deals with the ketogenic ratio which determines if your meals are ketogenic:
    Ketogenic Ratio and Weight Loss Sweet Geek

Yep, I read that.

My KR has, except for 1 day, been over 1.25 every day since I started tracking it (the 1st of April I think).

Here is what I know, my dd's are getting so much easier. I think because I essentially save my calories for the time of the day when I am most likely to want to eat them! When I walk in the door from work. But also, I feel hunger, what I now think of as true body hunger. Not low blood sugar, or "want something" hunger, but true physical body hunger. It is just twinges in the belly. The ole tummy growl. When I ignore it well it just goes away, for quite a while too. So today I have had maybe 3 or 4 sets of these and it is after noon. And they last less than 30 seconds. No headache or lightheadedness or nausea or panic. which sort of makes me think I am moving toward fat burning as opposed to sugar burning even if the ketones don't show up.

Wonder if that is even possible? To be a fat burner and not register ketones on either the blood monitor or the urine stick.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Wonder if that is even possible? To be a fat burner and not register ketones on either the blood monitor or the urine stick.
    I don't know. But to be honest...if you can start to feel good, listen to true hunger, deal well with hunger when it comes (no headache, etc.), and lose weight, then I suppose I don't think it matters.

I think I agree.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Question: Before, when the headache and light-headedness from not eating would come, why was that if it was not true hunger? I agree that once you start really watching your macros, you kind of train your body for true hunger cues. Was it excess carbs?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I think it was low blood sugar. I mean the body needed something, so in a sense it was hungry, but I could have had enough calories for the day and still have had the reaction. I really needed to eat about every 3 hours or I felt like crap. I think it was why I was "afraid" to allow myself to feel hungry.

hey I saw this and thought it was funny! Some of my favourite Ron Swanson quotes. - Imgur

AHHHHH, Karin this one is for you....http://24.media.tumblr.com/0d630396b...h9azo1_500.jpg