Page 338 of 666 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 6655

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 338

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Mostly like me, very laid back, but activists (DD is part of the organizing crew that is putting together the Sex Week at UTK! I just shared a photo of her at the booth yesterday) and champions of the underdogs-way more than either DH or I!

DS has a few of DH's less irritating qualities....very punctual, meticulous, fantastic memory, thinker, quiet, steady

DD has a few of mine...more outgoing, joiner, doer, either high or low, rarely in between

They are both very creative in a myriad of ways, but so is DH-not crafty but in thinking outside of the box

SW 4/1/13 =274.8
    CW=269.4 up 1.4, it was an ud, and it is down .6 from the last ud!
    Sleep= 6:11 90% efficiency -- it is cooler out side, so no AC or heat, but the house didn't totally cool down yet-tonight should be good!
    Urine Ketones= didn't bother
    Blood Ketones= didn't bother
    Calories = 2195 (2200 is my ud limit)
    Net Carbs = 66g/12%
    Fat= 173g/71%
    Protein= 92g/17%
    KR = 1.46
    Steps=8219 ok, slowly making my way back up to the 10,000

So yesterday, I probably ate too much. I say that because it felt like too much in my stomach at the end of the day.

I found an article about "superfoods" and decided to try to incorporate them into the day, but that was after I had eaten lunch, so it was a lot of food to add in one meal and a snack. But I did it because I could, gotta love an up day!

I will actually be doing that on most up days, but start earlier in the day. There were 16 foods of which I will incorporate probably 13 on most of my up days. You want to know what they are don't you?

1. coffee, 2. Thyme, 3. Wild salmon (Omega 3-Castor oil), 4. Kale, 5. Avocados, 6. Basil/mint, 7. Olives/olive oil, 8. Walnuts, 9. Green Tea, 10. Sweet Potatoes (pass-not a fan), 11. Dark Chocolate 60% or better (TJ"S 100 calorie Dark 70%), 12. Asparagus, 13. Pomegranates (pass, they want you to drink 17oz!), 13. garlic, 14. yogurt, 15. blueberries.

I already do most of these on many days, now it will be a concerted effort.

The interesting thing about the thyme is its recently found effectiveness against acne. Ruth, I will put a link for you in your journal.

So for me, this morning the good news is that my weight, while up from yesterday, is lower than after my last up day!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Great Up day!

Where can I find the KR formula that you ladies use?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

So for me, this morning the good news is that my weight, while up from yesterday, is lower than after my last up day!
    That's how I like to track. I don't look at my swings between ups and downs, just from one up day to the next (and the next and the next)!

Paula, Some one put it in the EMF (I think) thread and Ruth inserted it into the excel spread sheet she sent me so it automatically does the calculation, ask her to send it to you. You can ignore the ud/dd part (which just averages 2 days together), but there is a place for you to put your weight, and your calories and macros and then it does the calculation. I think there is also a place for your ketones and FBS (or I added that I can't remember now) and I add notes at the end of the day. Very nice. She is obviously a wiz at excel!

Sabine, I definitely feel better keeping the weights that are a result of an up day in a separate graph than the ones that are the result of a down day. But oddly, they don't always follow the exact way you would expect (ie. I don't always go up after an up day or down after a down day).

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Here's the formula. It was on the EMF thread, I believe. At any rate, I would just caution that one could make almost any day meet the KR ratio by getting in enough calories, but then you probably really wouldn't be ketogenic, in that overall, you would probably exceed your absolute protein and/or carb grams.

Ketogenic Ratio (KR) = (Fat * .9 + Protein * .46) / (Carb + Protein * .58 + Fat * .1)

Ketogenic Ratio Description
    < 1.0 Not ketogenic, if healthy you won’t register ketones
    1.0 – 1.5 Mildly ketogenic, you may register ketones at this level
    1.5 – 2.0 Ketogenic, most people will register ketones
    > 2.0 Very ketogenic, you should definitely see ketones in this range

Paula, if interested in the spreadsheet, PM your email.

Yep, as evidenced by the fact that I can get about the same ratio on both my up days and my down days.

It does favor the macro percentages from EMF though, no matter the calories.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I must have missed the science behind the KR. I saw it on the spreadsheet and did not know what it was.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ruth.. how do you enter in the formula once and have it fixed so that you dont have to keep redoing the formula?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yea well, I don't know how much science there is behind it, or who worked it out in the first place, but it does favor the percentages that would promote ketones, even if not the absolutes.