Page 335 of 547 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 5463

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 335

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Amen. Oddly enough, I refuse to give up, though. For some reason, I want this bad enough, I'm willing to torture myself trying to find the answer (in the least tortuous way, of course).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ^+1 What I will say in our defense regarding the situation, is I tried to quit smoking almost every day I smoked past high school and finally did it when I turned 30, so 20+ years ago! If I could do that I can do this. It obviously is going to take hitting on the N=1 that allows me to feel nourished and still get a calorie deficit until I reach my goal. So far, I think this JUDDD could be it, for me.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Its the feeling nourished.. I am so glad JUDDD seems to make you feel good!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I think that the issue in general is that if I can't stick to a diet it is that I am inadequately nourished. In other words, I am done blaming myself, it is obviously the fault of the diet.

JUDDD allows me the flexibility on my ud to think "ok, so what it is I really want to eat". Oddly enough, so far, that answer has been very reasonable and not "oooo- chocolate or cake or cookies or pizza or pie" or whatever junk I think I am missing out on, last night it was chicken thighs. Yesterday when I got home from work I was hungry, so I chose celery and the cream cheese bacon dip. Then when I made dinner, I wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat just had a cup of tea. But then an hour and a half later, I realized I was hungry, and so ate the thighs I had made for dinner, but left the asparagus -it was roasted and I love it, but the chicken is what I needed.

I just need to figure out the best way to keep the dd under control. Although, so far, even hitting 600 to 800 calories on my dd's I am still in a downward trend overall.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I like that "I fault the diet". ME TOO! I am done blaming myself especially when I FOLLOW said diet to the "T".
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

But even when you can't there is a reason. the body will not allow itself to be malnourished if it can help it.

The body is amazingly resilient, that's for sure!

I've been reading Durkan (I'm the only one who could probably follow him - low cal/low fat/fairly high protein). While I'm not so sure I have any interest in following his plan, he does have some interesting points. Two things struck me as interesting: (i) as you gain/lose weight many times, the body becomes more efficient at digesting food. While in the past you may have gotten only 100 calories out of a piece of bread, you become more efficient, and now you get say 120 calories out of it. May explain why low carb becomes more important (I'm theorizing that it is more difficult for the body to extract calories from meat than say a sweet potato) for us who have dieted a lot. (ii) he says the body "remembers" your weight stabilization. For me, I was probably 160 all the way through high school (modestly overweight), some of college, and then again for a few years after I lost weight. It may explain why breaking the 160 barrier is hard -- my body remembers this as a set point of sorts.

Not that any of this helps, but it was interesting at least

I like that it is the diet, not me. I seem to have no problems getting the protein (today, I got in 135 grams, and I was NOT trying to get anything close to this much) and, as long as I keep calories down, seem to digest it okay (this is why I hypothesize that I do better with beef and other "hard" proteins, as noted earlier -- I think my body is too efficient at digesting other foods -- which, oddly enough, matches my personality [I am BIG on efficiency]), but I do not think this works near as well for you ladies. Sabine does well to totally fast, whereas I'm happier with one small meal (it's a mental thing, I know). Just goes to show, when all the Paleo folks say it is an N=1, it really is true....

I think if you do a mainly meat diet that whatever fat you get with it and while cooking it is plenty low enough. I can see not wanting to add it for the sake of increasing your fat. However low fat gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

I also have no doubt that we each utilize food, and macros in particular, differently. And is likely the reason that one diet that is effective for everyone has not been found.

I don't mind lo cal, but at the moment, can't conceive of lo fat. However, if nothing else works or I get close to my goal weight, I could go there. But, I'm not there now

PrimalCon New York
    There are some things I thought I would never do. One was to go very low calorie or fast. Hmmm. the other was low carb. Hmmm. So I hesitate to say I wont do anything. But I will have to be pretty desperate to do low fat again. I sort of feel like there is a reason it tastes so darn good. Of course that could be said of sugar as well. So what do I know.