Page 334 of 606 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 6056

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 334

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Just as I layered primal on top of low-carb, I am now layering JUDDD on top of low-carb primal. I'm not going to give up anything that makes me feel good, only add to the list.

I do think it is important to give things a good chunk of time before tweaking, though, unless, I don't know, you gain ten pounds in a week. Sometimes we get too caught up in wanting results the NEXT day.
    guilty. Patience is a virtue they say, I think I am without that one and in abundance of others..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Rereading the SPEED book. They clearly say:
    Eat a low carbohydrate, medium protein, high fat diet...A protein intake of about 1.5g/kg (.68g/lb) seems to be a good amount for health and fat loss. For example, a 160lb (73kg) person would want to ingest about 109 grams of protein/day.

Um, where did we go wrong there? For me, that's a totally reasonable amount of protein. More than I've been eating, but less than I originally was. Sigh. Sometimes I have to give things a few tries.
    trying to find my speed book. I had a copy on the computer and they upgraded me at school. I had a copy on the old kindle, my mom has it. I need to see if I have a back up copy on a thumb drive or something.. grr.. wanting to re-read a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Yep it has me at 175g for protein and I don't consider that moderate. However if i use my goal weight then yes i get to 100 to 120g and that is moderate I think.

Have you come across how they determine how many carbs and how much fat?

P.S. i just realized you were giving me a page number. I have the nook version and will look it up now. Thanks
    I think our macros were pretty close and I agree.. 175 was ridiculous. I think I was aiming for 150-160 tops and struggled. I do not consider that moderate..100-120 seems very doable.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=270.0 SAME! after an ud
    Sleep= 6:43 89% efficiency
    Urine Ketones= didn't bother
    Blood Ketones= didn't bother
    Calories = 1803
    Net Carbs = 53g/12%
    Fat= 130g/67%
    Protein= 94g/21%
    KR = 1.33 my ud's have been higher, thinking the higher carbs lowered this.
    Steps=7753

So, another thing I noticed when I went back in my journals is that I was averaging 10,000 steps when my weight was at the low point. So motivation to get my butt on the treadmill, even on the days I think I will get the steps in other ways, so that I can get the 10,000 daily average over the course of the week. And thus the reason I added steps to the things I keep track of at the top of every morning.

My nook is messed up, I need to figure out how to get it to turn on, it does this on occasion, I just can't remember how to fix it. So I can't go back and see what the guidelines were for carbs and fats. I think that getting more protein that what I have been makes sense since I had essentially become a vegetarian to hit the low mark. I don't think going back to trying for 170g makes sense though. It may be that I just work to keep my carbs (or at least net carbs) under 50g and let the protein and fat fall where it will.

So today I am going to save the bulk of my calories for when I get home from work. Well actually have to take DS shopping for new shorts right after work, then I am supposed to go to a yoga class at 6:30, so it looks like I will have very little time to partake of any calories till after yoga. Although being short of time has never been a hindrance to eating for me-for exercise yes, eating not so much!

Today is a down day and the 3rd day of TTOM. Typically the worst but I doubt it can be worse than yesterday. Because even though I didn't have cramps TMI ALERT!!!!! even after changing every 2 hours I still had an overflow in the morning. Luckily I was wearing a dark skirt. I am so ready for this whole thing to be over!!!
    sorry TTOM is being a PITA. I hope today is a better day. I have to say though, I am not missing this particular issue.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    NOOK - when mine does that, I plug it in and leave it alone for a while.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yep, I plugged it in all night, still black. So I plugged it in to the computer this morning and it updated, but now my library isn't on it. I can't remember the password to our wifi at home so I can't register the darn thing. Anyway, I then remembered I had a copy of the books in my "Adobe Digital Editions" on the desktop of my computer. So I just pulled that up.

The carb recommendations are basically what Mark says, less than 50g to lose weight (or 20% of your calories). They say it is considered a ketogenic diet. So what I wonder is, if you are doing a ketogenic diet but not registering ketones do you still get the health benefits of it. I just cannot figure out why ketones do not register for me.

I know that I am not long for the PITA that is TTOM, but I hope they don't reach a fever pitch on their way out!

p.s. you will note that my protein yesterday was 134g, without trying. I think hitting the higher numbers is a lot easier when you are trying to cut them back.

regarding the protein: agreed. I noticed that reaching the goal is not as hard if you are not trying so hard.
    Karin

You ladies crack me up.

I know sad isn't it?

I was on a diet once where I was not allowed to eat beans. Not sure why that bothered me but it did. I really don't love beans anyway, but at the time they were a staple of my diet (for what ever reason that is not bothersome to be with this diet). Anyway, somewhere around midnight (I was a full time college student working full time as a hairdresser) I decided WTF I needed some beans. So I went to an all night grocery store, bought a bag of dried beans (why not canned-because I was insane that's why), and proceeded to do the "fast soak" method.

Well I fell asleep, almost burned my house down. Did that stop me, Oh hell no! I went back to the grocery store, and bought another bag. Luckily by the time I got home I decided it wasn't worth risking another pot and just went to bed.

It is what you can't have that you really want. I wonder if they decided tomorrow that veggies were bad for you and candy was good for you if we wouldn't all run out and binge on veggies?

p.s. Paula the only reason you aren't on this crazy train with us is that NK is working for you, so be nice.

It was the reaching goals when not really trying thing that I found funny, not the situation.

I dunno I find them both sadly funny!

me too
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Amen. Oddly enough, I refuse to give up, though. For some reason, I want this bad enough, I'm willing to torture myself trying to find the answer (in the least tortuous way, of course).