Page 332 of 665 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 6650

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 332

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I know, I am thinking that I need to figure out why I stopped SPEED, if I just got impatient because I hit a slow down or I just started tweaking because I am apt to do that when I weigh daily. I think for right now I am going to focus on JUDDD and reasonably low carb, as you say, moderate protein, and bumping the fat up a bit from the SPEED numbers, but not be fanatic about the macros. Basically just give up on the NK for now and if it happens then it happens.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

Today is an ud, so life is easy.
    For me, today is easy because it is a Down(not eating) Day!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I know, right. I got down to 155 on SPEED in decently short order. I think I stopped because: (i) I did a crazy round of traveling and gained weight (couldn't maintain my SPEED calories on the road -- and not enough time at home to plan foods to take, etc.); (ii) got so low fat that I lost my satisfaction/satiety with eating; (iii) started tweaking (I think that was about the time I started reading about Dr. Wahl's -- I thought all those extra veggies would help, but I don't think so); and (iv) started working out a ton, and couldn't find the right calorie levels (and, lots and lots more travel).

So I just went back into my journal and it looks like I just evolved out of SPEED? I don't really remember even the "rules" of it. I will go back tonight and read the pertinent part of the book.

The thing that is bothering me right now on EMF, is the near total lack of veggies. I really need to think about this, because veggies don't have an ill effect on me, and I really like them, and they are nice plate fillers.

I think what EMF taught me is that fat is not the enemy. It provides satisfaction, helps food digest, etc. NK, however, I think was too extreme for me...or, I don't think I ever really got into it, not without just eating gobs of fat and hardly anything else. I do remember that on SPEED, I let the fat go too low, because I wanted volume. On SPEED, I think it taught me that calories DO matter -- for me, at least. JUDDD gives me the ability to relax a little, but still have calorie control. Had I been doing UD/DD when doing SPEED, I wonder if I would have survived my travel...

So now we combine all of them...ud/dd with SPEED and a bit of EMF, I am letting go of the NK for now, unless I get a cancer diagnosis (obviously not thinking this will happen, just that NK is supposed to be good for cancer).

Even with my less than perfect dd's I still enjoy them-just have to let go of the guilt when I go over 500 calories.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    so much wisdom spoken here. I have been thinking about SPEED and the protein as well. I was thinking a combo of the two (SPEED?JUDDD) would be awesome.

You are right, this should not be so hard
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 04-09-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Just posted almost 3 months worth of stats in my journal. It may well need to be a combo of all 3.... I read somewhere else (don't know where) about someone (a lady) expressing frustration that she could never seem to get into NK, yet it seems so easy for others like Jimmy Moore.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Just as I layered primal on top of low-carb, I am now layering JUDDD on top of low-carb primal. I'm not going to give up anything that makes me feel good, only add to the list.

I do think it is important to give things a good chunk of time before tweaking, though, unless, I don't know, you gain ten pounds in a week. Sometimes we get too caught up in wanting results the NEXT day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sabine I agree, and I do tend to tweak quickly.

the thing is that I cannot seem to keep to the 500 calorie days. So I am trying to figure out what combination of macros will make those days easier. So I am not giving up low carb or primal or JUDDD, what I am loosening up on is the EMF. If I can't get to where I can do the dd's then I am not really doing JUDDD. so for me the tweaking is about getting to successfully doing dd's.

It actually doesn't seem to be about hunger either, I don't feel hunger when I have eaten over my 500. It almost has a bingey quality. I don't like that. Gotta prevent it.