Page 329 of 598 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 5974

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 329

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well RATS. It was going so well. I did not feel overly hungry. Came home from work and had a plan. But couldn't seem to stop. Now i feel almost sick to my stomach. Just ate so fast that my body did not have a chance to know I was eating. Today may have been a day where i should have stuck to liquids. I will have to consider this in the future.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=270.2 up .2
    Sleep= 5:21 94% efficiency
    Urine Ketones= didn't bother
    Blood Ketones= didnt bother
    FBS= out of sticks
    Calories = 1034 about double a dd, but half an ud
    Net Carbs = 29g/12%
    Fat= 82g/74%
    Protein= 36g/14%
    KR = 1.32 I think this is supposed to be about the same as "optimal ketones" so 1.0 to 3.0?

So here is what I have learned...dd's are harder if the day before has too many carbs! However yesterday I felt really good until I ate something. So my plan for my next dd is to drink my calories. Make my smoothie for breakfast, and one for dinner, then do at least one bone broth with bouillon and salt, my 100oz of ACV water, and lots of tea with or without HWC as available to balance my macros.

Today is an ud, and we have company coming for dinner-it is DH's birthday. I am making a variety of dips, spreads, and cheeses (all naturally low carb) with a variety of dippers (celery, cukes, crackers). This will be the easy part. Then I am making DH's traditional/favorite, a Boston Cream Pie. This is luckily not my favorite so I should not have trouble passing it up. Especially since it is an ud and I am able to enjoy to satisfaction the appetizers.

I have not decided if my dd will be Sunday or Monday.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Today sounds wonderful. Wish I were coming over

What's a Boston Cream Pie? I don't believe I've ever had one... Pretty sure, whatever it is, yours would be divine!!

I wish you were coming over today too!!!

Actually a Boston Cream Pie is a cake. I make one every year for DH because his grandmother used to do it for him every year. This is, oddly, one of the things I have trouble with. I have yet (in over 20 years) to get it just right. It is deceptively easy. It is an 8" vanilla cake, which you split to layer (first issue, every tried to do this and get the cut straight? Cause it is gonna show). So this year, clever me, I just baked the recipe in 2 8" cake pans, thus no need to layer it. First problem solved. Between the 2 layers is a vanilla cream pudding (think the filling for an eclair). Many just use a box mix. But I don't think that is right. And for some reason I have trouble getting the consistency right. It needs to be sturdy enough to hold the upper layer, but not so stiff that it isn't creamy. Anyway it is topped with a chocolate ganache-this I can do. It is just a high quality dark chocolate melted with a bit of fat (usually butter) and cream, and then poured over the top. Anyway, cross your fingers that the top layer doesn't slide off into oblivion (yes it has slid off, fallen to the floor, rolled a few feet and disintegrated once-always in front of company).

It isn't my fav, but he loves it, not as much as PB ice cream, but it is special and for him a tradition.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=271.2 up 1
    Sleep= 5:57 96% efficiency

Not bothering to put the food stats because even though I tried really hard to track all that I ate, at the end of the night I was stuffed and I don't feel confident that the tracked numbers match what I actually ate.

OK, so I have mentally solidified a plan. I will do this plan WITHOUT CHANGE until June 1st.

I will be doing a 4:3 every week.

Most of the time my down days will Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. These days (I think) will mostly be liquids which will include teas with and without HWC, my ACV water, and smoothies of various ingredients. And hopefully they will still be EMF, that is I think one of the things that help make them successful.

The other thing that helps make the dd's successful for me is for the day directly previous to also be EMF (LCHF). So that means that Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday will be reasonable days that fit those macros. That leaves Saturday. Which I plan to use to loosen up. I will still not eat sugar, grains, processed foods but I will not be religious about it. This is the day I will allow things like a bowl of fresh berries or a serving of greek yogurt. The things I miss while doing EMF/LCHF.

I really think that for this to work long term I need to learn to just eat and move on. I will still track, that is probably a part of my life for the rest of my life, but I will not "control" so much, but work to follow what I think I want to eat. Working to understand hunger and satisfaction and learning to stop before stuffed and feel good about it.

Sounds like a good, workable plan. You can do this!

How did the pie turn out?

Thanks, I have been thinking on it a lot, and how I feel on ud's and dd's and how watching dh eat yogurt has made me feel deprived and I needed to work on a way to add those things that really I don't have a physical problem with but that I have cut out so that I can stay very low carb.

It tasted great, as usual, but the cream just was weird. First instead of a pretty yellowish creamy color it was an odd greyish color-it almost looked like a chicken gravy. Again, tasted fantastic, but looked weird. Then, for some reason it broke down, so it didn't stay nice and firm and the top layer was sort of floating around like a ship on a calm ocean. The cake was great and the chocolate granache topping was phenomenal. I think next year-if I remember to-I am going to make a version of very vanilla buttercream with more whipping cream than fat to get more air into it and use that. That I can do and do well and custard is something I always have trouble with.

I've never tried a custard, but anything that takes much skill, is usually beyond my league

I've been feeling deprived about veggies (of all things). They seem to get (really) clogged in my body (and cause stomach aches), but since there's already so much I *can't* eat, it feels like more deprivation. Funny, funny, mind and body.

custard is supposed to be easy! My grandmother basically made one almost every day (it is essentially pudding) for my grandfather's dessert. Not sure why, but mine tend to break down. I think the color issue is from so many vanilla bean seeds, but not sure why the yolks didn't bring the color to yellowish?

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=273.2 up another 1 going in the wrong direction!
    Sleep= 7:16 92% efficiency This doesn't include yesterday's nap
    Urine Ketones= didn't bother
    Blood Ketones= didnt bother
    FBS= out of sticks
    Calories = 1852
    Net Carbs = 29g/6%
    Fat= 163g/79%
    Protein= 70g/15%
    KR = 2.08 I think this is supposed to be about the same as "optimal ketones" so 1.0 to 3.0?

I am not worried about the weight, severe puffiness going on, nearly no liquid intake yesterday, and today is the start of TTOM.

Today is also the official start of the 4:3 experiment with liquid dd's. I plan to drink a smoothie for all three "meals" and lots of fluids in between.

I have a few errands to run today, gotta do my roots, and have to sit through rifle practice so it should not be too bad.

I did 3 hours of gardening yesterday...mowed my little patch of grass, pruned a bit, and did lots of weeding. Doesn't show up as steps or activity on the fitbit, but I worked hard!