Page 327 of 623 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 6227

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 327

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I agree. Actually, after the first 2 weeks there is an allowance to increase your percentage on the low days anyway.

But as it turns out, (man was I spacing out this morning or what?) I forgot to put the bone broth in the cup with the bouillon and butter. So that saved me about 70 calories, and I am back under 500 for the day!

It is 1:30 and I am just now breaking out the bouillon, which is not quite as yummy without the broth in the mix.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Bone broth is the bomb. I never did try it with bouillon (could never find one without wheat or dairy, which I absolutely cannot have), but I bet that adds a wonderful flavor. Here's hoping that the DD went well for you and Karin (and you aren't that far away from a beautiful UD).

It went very well!

I am pretty sure the bouillon i got from Whole Foods would work for you. It is Rapunzel brand. It does have yeast but its veagn so no dairy and no "natural flavors" and no msg. Not huge flavor but a cube in the bone broth add salt and butter and that is yummy.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269.2 down 1.8
    Sleep= 7:34 92% efficiency
    Urine Ketones= no color change
    Blood Ketones= LO
    FBS= 103, these are starting to worry me, gotta get more strips!
    Calories = 505
    Net Carbs = 5g/4%
    Fat= 42g/79%
    Protein= 20g/17%
    KR = 2.26
    Steps = 10,086!!!! w/ 7 flights of steps.

So the absolute numbers are obviously different, but my macro percentages are exactly the same as yesterday's ud and they gave me nearly the same KR (ketogenic ratio?). Not sure why my fasting blood sugar tends to hover just over 100, don't like that at all.

Oh, I did lose weight, so that is 3 pounds in 2 days, I will take it! And I hit 10,000 steps.

Yesterday was a reasonably easy day, so I will repeat as necessary. I think 2 things contributed to its success. 1. I had a very successful ud the day before-VLC 2. I kept the fat percentage high instead of dropping it in hopes of more volume per calorie.

The only indiscretion I had was when I was making a lazy version of chicken cordon blu for the boys and I popped a piece of ham into my mouth. I may have to dig out the crock pot again for them on my dd's. Just let them serve themselves right out of the pot, then put the whole thing in the fridge to take care of the morning of an ud!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    my dd, not so hot.

Chris- your FBS is fine. I would not worry. My mom who has diabetes told me mine with 109 is fine. I think less than 100 is IDEAL, but 105 is respectable. I was worried when mine was 120, 134 etc.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Mine was 108 this morning. FBS over 125 is considered prediabetic. 120 and under is normal. Below 100 ideal. Below 70 is low under conventional wisdom. I prefer mine to be in the 80's because that corresponds to Deep ketosis for me.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 04-04-2013 at 06:31 AM.

I now need a ketone meter to see if I can find a correlation between FBS and ketosis Mine tends to run in the mid-60s (fasting day) or mid-70s (normal eating day), but last few days around 80 -- with a huge spike after a day with high calories, high protein, and high (for me) carbs. I need to just have one of those change at a time so I can figure out what causes the spikes (I think not only protein, and possibly carbs, but calories as well).

yep, I have read (somewhere) that even if your carbs and protein are low, that high calories can still make the FBS spike. I suspect that at least one month of tracking all of that will give you a reasonable amount of information. I really like your excel chart. Very helpful.

Hey Paula, you should have Ruth send it to you, even though you don't do JUDDD there is a lot of good information gathering to be had on it. I like that it figures the KR (for what it is worth). At least having a good KR number makes me feel better about the ketones not showing up yet.

I really like this UDDD, I felt really good yesterday, and think in maintenance I will just keep doing Wednesday and Friday as near fasting and keep the rest as eat to satisfaction, adding another near fasting day as needed to keep the weight down.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I would like to see your chart Ruth.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Karin, pm me your email & ill send it when I get home.