Page 326 of 654 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 6532

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 326

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If I have errands or business meetings (or I can sleep/nap/read), my DDs are very easy! But, again, it's mostly a mental challenge, not so much physical (except for yesterday -- I think Sunday did not set me up well!).

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I agree,it's nearly all mental. I've just started reading a new book - Change your brain, change your body by Dr Amen. Not sure its the answer but at least its taking the mind off the no fat loss for a bit.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yep, I think the cookies and dough on Sunday did a poor job of setting me up for yesterday. When I was at rifle practice, food never even crossed my mind, but boy it sure did while I was at home.

I really think that what might work best is to do the dd on Wednesdays and Fridays and my 3rd one for the week could either be Sunday or Monday-whichever day I am busier. If I know I need an ud on, say Friday, then I can just shift the dd to Tuesday and Thursday and still be able to do Sunday or Monday as the 3rd dd.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Yesterday when I went to Walmart, the checkout isle was awfully tempting.. but I resisted. Then when I got home I kept thinking I want to nibble but I am not hungry. Habits are hard to break.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, and of course the other problem with doing a dd on errand day is that is the day I do my grocery shopping. And hunger and grocery shopping are not a great combo.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=271.0 down 1.2 after an Up Day!
    Sleep= 7:27 92% efficiency
    Urine Ketones= no color change
    Blood Ketones= LO
    FBS= error (not enough blood? tried just 1 poke)
    Calories = 1986
    Net Carbs = 20g/4%
    Fat= 170g/79%
    Protein= 85g/17%
    KR = 2.25 This number is better after my ud than after my dd
    Steps = 7581 5 flights of steps.

ok, so I am thinking that I will try to keep my percentages very close on both ud's and dd's. So my Fat >70%, Protein <20%, Carbs <10% and see how that goes.

I am also saving the bulk of my calories for dinner on my dd's, today is already planned just gotta stick to it.

I am also considering making my 2 of my dd's always on Wednesday, and Friday. This way I can make the 3rd one either Sunday or Monday as it is convenient, and it makes sure that 2 a week are while I am at work a full day. The issue of course is that I would have 2 ud's in a row. I will just make one of them a moderate day (my normal 1500 to 1600 as opposed to 2000 to 2200).

I think as long as you have moderate up days (dont go crazy) it will be fine. I did 2 ud's in a row this weekend (not going crazy) and was fine.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome on yesterday!!!

2 UDs should be no problem. The losses might be a "hair" slower, but maybe not, because your DDs will be in control and will work for you. That's an important thing! Sounds like a good plan

OK, so what I am learning (I think) is that a good (for me low carb) ud leads to a much easier dd, at least so far! Just a little tummy grumble here and there, nothing I can't handle easily. That and lots of fluids. I am so much better at getting my fluids in when I am sitting at my desk at work than puttering around the house.

I did mess up this morning and used a whole egg in my smoothie, but forgot that I had switched it to egg whites, so my calories for today will likely be 50 or so over. Still it would be 300 less than my last dd so I will take it! I will see how I feel tonight I could drop the bacon from my cabbage stir fry, but it doesn't feel likely.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Personally, I do not think 50 will break the diet bank simply because we are talking about an average over 2 days and you are still sticking close to 500.
    Karin