Page 325 of 652 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 6514

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 325

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    She filled up my car, then throughout the year takes some and leaves some, whenever we see her we take her a bag of stuff and she gives us a bag. Usually a season change type of thing. She does pretty well. Her roommate from last year had her parents each bring an SUV loaded and then she would go home each weekend and pick up more but didn't take anything back. they had to rent a U-haul to get her back home.

She was on the 4th floor this year. Thank goodness, because DH was not there to help, she and I did all the loads (I think it took us 5 trips), We just parked the car and locked it between trips, her freshman year I guarded the stuff while her and DH did the 5 loads, they had us unload the cars and park them in a lot so all of her stuff was on the sidewalk.

note to self...dd's and work avoidance do not go well together, especially when there are cookies in the house. I only ate a small one and luckily I have room in my dinner to adjust.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I know my best dd's are when I am UUUBER busy. So far so good today for me and just bone broth
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yep. Work avoidance. One thing I like about UD/DD (assuming we actually lose weight on it) is that there is room to be flexible. NK? Not so much. Once you drop out, you drop out.

true about NK..
    Karin

well, if I can lose weight this way it would be fantastic. NK would be a lovely addition.

I did get outside and get some yard work done. There are so many weeds it is overwhelming. But it is all fertilized. And I found a big plastic anatomical heart (the kind students use for anatomy studies) in my Ornamental grasses. Weird. It was glued shut and I gotta say I was leery of opening it. But it was fine, and DD can use it for her classes. It is a little beat up but usable, and these things are very pricey (over $100 for a crappy one and this used to be a pretty nice one).

Oh, and now that I am getting my water in I am stuffed. Go figure! I knew I needed to drink. Just chose to eat instead.

yesterday was a dd in name only At the end of the day I ended up popping 3 meatballs into my mouth while putting away the leftovers from the boys dinner.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=272.2 no change, thank goodness at least it didn't go up!
    Sleep= 7:15 89% efficiency, snoring DH had me up 5 times
    Urine Ketones= didn't bother given sugar ingestion yesterday, I had one of the PB cookies
    Blood Ketones= ditto
    FBS= need more strips
    Calories = 839
    Net Carbs = 42g/21%
    Fat= 45g/51%
    Protein= 57g/28%
    KR = .89
    Steps = 6090 with the equivalent of 5 flights of steps, gardening never gives me a lot of steps but loved getting the vitamin D!

So I am seriously considering doing my dd's on days that I work. The only problem with the idea is that I only work 4 days a week, so to do 3 dd's I would have to do 2 in a row. Since I get off early on Thursday, my dd's would be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I will hold steady this week with my dd, on Wednesday and Friday and see how it goes. Another idea could be to do dd on Wednesday and Friday and alternate the third day depending on what I have going on, either Sunday or Monday.

I basically spent the better part of my day yesterday trying to figure out what I could eat.

I will definitely not be using any calories on anything other than food for the next couple of dd's. I will also try to save more for later in the day since it is much easier for me to bypass calories in the morning than it is after about 2pm.

Ah, well, it is all a learning experience, and today is an up day!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    yesterday was a dd in name only At the end of the day I ended up popping 3 meatballs into my mouth while putting away the leftovers from the boys dinner.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=272.2 no change, thank goodness at least it didn't go up!
    Sleep= 7:15 89% efficiency, snoring DH had me up 5 times
    Urine Ketones= didn't bother given sugar ingestion yesterday, I had one of the PB cookies
    Blood Ketones= ditto
    FBS= need more strips
    Calories = 839
    Net Carbs = 42g/21%
    Fat= 45g/51%
    Protein= 57g/28%
    KR = .89
    Steps = 6090 with the equivalent of 5 flights of steps, gardening never gives me a lot of steps but loved getting the vitamin D!

So I am seriously considering doing my dd's on days that I work. The only problem with the idea is that I only work 4 days a week, so to do 3 dd's I would have to do 2 in a row. Since I get off early on Thursday, my dd's would be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I will hold steady this week with my dd, on Wednesday and Friday and see how it goes. Another idea could be to do dd on Wednesday and Friday and alternate the third day depending on what I have going on, either Sunday or Monday.

I basically spent the better part of my day yesterday trying to figure out what I could eat.

I will definitely not be using any calories on anything other than food for the next couple of dd's. I will also try to save more for later in the day since it is much easier for me to bypass calories in the morning than it is after about 2pm.

Ah, well, it is all a learning experience, and today is an up day!
    I have found this to be key to a successful dd. I also had the bulk of my calories in the evening and let bone broth do the sustaining during the day. What if on your dd's, you planned your projects such as painting, thrift store treasure hunting, gardening etc.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, today is an UD. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DD was higher than I would have liked - 409 - by the skin of my teeth. I don't know if it was the carbs or the ham or the combo, but yesterday as as hard as my first one! Am very much excited for today

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I probably need to be out of the house on dd's, so the one that occurs on my day off will become my errand day. Even with gardening, I have to come in to take potty breaks and such. I am just going to make sure I only have 1 a weekend, somehow.

My tummy is not happy today. It feels like I am in the middle of TTOM, but I am not of course if it started today that would explain a lot!