Page 321 of 547 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 5465

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 321

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sunday is supposed to be a dd for me, and that doesn't matter because we don't do any kind of Easter feast or anything. But we are going to a dinner/concert/fundraiser on Thursday night, as best I can tell it is really the only thing in April that is likely to trip me up, so I may do my dd on Monday and get going that way with it. I will see how I do on the drive home on Saturday.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Hey if your DD is Monday we would be in sync. LOL April is a mass of obstacles.. my birthday and dd's birthday (both DD)..however, things start to calm down in May.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    The only other thing about April for me is a scrapbooking party for DS's senior youth day, but it is at my house, so I have control. then my parents are coming that last week in April but they are super supportive so no worries there.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'm an April baby, too

I'll for sure give it until Saturday, which is 3 weeks. My biggest issue is that I'm not hungry on UDs up to my max...not even close...which makes DDs hard. That, and NK is REALLY hard with my protein and carb limits. Ugh. Maybe one hard DD will push up my next UD.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Johnson says that holidays and YOUR OWN birthday, are ALWAYS Up Days. Easter is falling on an Up Day for me, and I am planning our traditional breakfast: bagels(for the others), cream cheese, lox, capers, red onions, fruit salad, and hard-boiled eggs. The girls will also be toasting their Peeps over an open flame. They have milk chocolate eggs, but I am going to get myself a bar of a really good dark chocolate. My Honey will be eating robin's eggs and jelly beans until he falls over, likely. We never do a big dinner on Easter, and after our breakfast, I'm sure we won't need it!

DH and mom love any opportunity for a feast. I got a ham from US Wellness (no sugar - darned expensive) and will figure out some sides. DH really wantsfrog-egg salad - something I don't make anymore. We shall see. It's an UD for me, but I don't feel like there's much to get excited about

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Sabine- I like that rule!!! DONE!

Here is my thought on UP's even though I am new. I find it tough to get in all the calories required. Is it SO BAD if I take in less if I am feeling fine or will it have adverse affects on DD's. UP's I am suppose to eat 2200-2300 calories. To be honest sometimes 1600-1700 feels fine. I am not overly hungry on UP's, at least not today.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I struggle in the same way. On the LC Friends board,the take from the successful vets is that if you don't eat up to your UD calories on a consistent basis, the weight loss ultimately halts. I think it's because the calorie deficit (when you average the 2 days) becomes too low (just guessing). OTOH, you don't want to let your DD calories creep up -- then you aren't getting the "fasting" benefits (which I think you need if not in NK to spare muscle and other vital lean mass). Speculating, here, of course

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    In the book, D. Johnson remarks that the people in the small(10 people) study he did, started off not eating up to their calories on the Up Days, but that this tendency decreased as the weeks wore on. If you have the guts to just observe, you could do as your body directs and see if it naturally becomes easier to eat more on your Up Days.

I am not tracking on my Up Days, but I think I am eating just a LITTLE bit more than I ordinarily did. If I ever feel like doing some number crunching, I will figure out my macros, but right now, I'm thinking I'm happy as I am.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I watched Michael Mosley’s Fasting documentary again last night & read his website. I am going to do the 5:2 diet from the start of the next cycle of my n=1 in 4 weeks time. Not for weight loss reasons but for health benefits. The WOE is not as extreme as JUDDD as it is only 2 days of fasting on 500 cals. Because it is not every other day it makes it easier to fit in with every day life.

FYI the 52fastdiet forum was set up in the wake of his book & they have started collecting stats from members. It seems that you can expect to lose an average 1 lb/wk on 5:2 or 4:3.Those on JUDDD can expect to lose around 1.25lb/wk, with no additional health benefits, so I can’t see the point of doing anything other than 5:2 YMMV.

It seems to me that IF is about long term health benefits, weight loss is a by product. Getting hung up on slow weight loss may cause people to give it up, thereby missing out on the health benefits.

As always, I am following all your JUDDD journeys with interest